Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP Paul Bunbury - Respectful posts only please

Options

Comments

RIP Paul.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

RIP Paul.

Thoughts go out to his family and friends.

In time these words will hopefully be of some comfort.

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
    I am not there; I do not sleep.
    I am a thousand winds that blow,
    I am the diamond glints on snow,
    I am the sun on ripened grain,
    I am the gentle autumn rain.
    When you awaken in the morning’s hush
    I am the swift uplifting rush
    Of quiet birds in circling flight.
    I am the soft star-shine at night.
    Do not stand at my grave and cry,
    I am not there; I did not die.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PaddyBloggit

I've been following this thread in the hope that good news would have appeared on it.

I'm sorry to hear of Paul's death .... R.I.P. Paul.

My sincerest condolences to his family and friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 DCU SF

Very sad news.

Thoughts are with his friends and family.

I only ever talked to him a handful of times but even just from those brief exchanges it was obvious what a nice, decent person he was.

RIP Paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

This is terrible news. My deepest sympathies to Paul and his family. A tragic loss and one that is so hard to comprehend. Sympathies too to all those who knew him either through real life or through boards.ie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

Rest In Peace, Paul.

Although I didn't really know him, I knew him to see. I've talked to him a couple of times and knew from the first time he was a good person.

My prayers to his family and friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

I've seen a ton of posts on trace irelands fb page from people who were brought there from paul. I know its hard to see the light from the dark when the news is this black but paul/pyg has done a huge amount to raise awareness for missing people in ireland and i think a lot of people are shocked at the amount of people who do go missing. Maybe because of paul someone will be saved someday. As i said i know this won't be a comfort to his family now, and i'm so deeply sorry for what they are going through, i just hope this could b a comfort someday....

RIP Paul really wished i could give you a hug now, even though i had never met you-you def sound like my sort of person! Friendly, down to earth, genuine...i hope you can see the huge amount of people who would give anything to give you a hug...and i hope and pray you are at peace now. God bless xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

So sorry to hear this. I guess that his family and friends must have hugely mixed emotions - relief at being able to bring him home, devastation at it being the wrong way. I'm gutted for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 zack_k

Absolutely tragic news to hear, I've heard nothing but nice things about the lad all around campus.

Thoughts and well wishes are going out to all of his family and friends, and I'm deeply sorry for your loss.

May he rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

RIP Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mrsbouquet

R.I.P Paulmy thoughts are with your family at this sad time.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I do not believe there is anything worse in this world, than losing a child.
    I thoroughly enjoyed Paul's posts in the Atheism & Agnosticism forum.
    My heart goes out to his family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

I knew Paul for a bit when we were 17. He was genuinely one of the nicest and most respectful men I ever spoke to.

R.I.P Paul.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Just to echo what Beruthiel said -- Paul was a witty, clever and valued contributor over in the Atheism and Agnosticism forum. I never met him outside of boards, but his contributions will be missed, as he himself will be missed.

My sincere condolences to his family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Aye, I also only knew him through his posts in A&A, they were always a good read and obviously came from a clever and pleasant chap.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

RIP :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

I would like to add my condolences on this thread too. Someone's passing so young with their life ahead of them is always a tragedy no matter the circumstances.

I would advocate bereavement counselling services for his family and friends if/when you feel the time is right. The Samaritans can be contacted on 1850 60 90 90 and those who I've spoken to found them to be excellent.

May he R.I.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,686 ✭✭✭✭Penn

RIP. Condolences to his family and friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

It's so sad to hear this news. My sincere sympathies to all his friends and family. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

So sad. RIP Paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Only after reading about this now,Very sad. RIP Paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭KH25

My heart goes out to his family. I know Paul's brother quite well and it was absolutely awful to see him going through this over the last few weeks. I only met Paul once but from that one meeting he seemed like a lovely genuine chap, much like the rest of his family. R.I.P.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Small piece about Paul by his friend and DCU student Conor Farrell

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2012/03/16/why-paul-mattered/

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

That piece is lovely and I hope that Paul knew how much his friends at college (and obviously his family) loved him and cherished their time with him.

The how and the why is absolutely irrelevant to the fact that there is a huge hole in the lives of a lot of people now.

I sincerely hope his family and friends have the support they need to get through their grief at this incredibly tough time in their lives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

Didn't know Paul, but shared the search effort on fb and twitter etc. Really really hoped he would be found alive and well. By all accounts he seemed like someone I would have been friends with. At the very least his family might have some closure now.

RIP my fellow boardsie.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Mod note:

As per the title, respectful posts only please.

This is not the time or the place to speculate. Paul's family and friends are regular visitors to this thread, and hopefully they can take some small level of comfort from the condolences being conveyed.

When posting, assume you are speaking directly to his family when you judge what best to say.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 92 ✭✭missyb

My Sincere sympathy to his family, I hope they have all the support they need. As a fairly regular visitor to Fibbers, I became aware of Paul being missing one Saturday night and have been thinking of him since then, it seems many different groups of people will miss Paul. Rest in Peace

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Oh God :( So sorry to hear of his passing.

RIP Paul X

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Didn't know Paul but have been following the story. I'm so sorry to hear this news he sounded like a great person and in the photos I seen of him had a lovely smile. RIP

Advertisement