Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lights for an Infinite White Background

• 04-02-2012 12:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am not sure if this is the right place to post my question, but I am going to shoot some videos for the web in my home. The videos will consist of presenter and reviewed item up to a size of lets say 50" TV.

I would like to get this effect, or at least something as close to it as possible: please see this link

I also found this short video that explained what to do to get that type of nice white background again see another link

I will be using a Samsung H300 Full HD camera to shoot these videos. I did some search on ebay and found these lights (and I intended to get 2 sets) link

I have a limited space (will be using my living room) I probably will not be able to fit in the background (but my walls are white/cream white). So I simply just don't know if this type of light would work for me.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 madmanmoro

omri wrote: »
    Hi,

I am not sure if this is the right place to post my question, but I am going to shoot some videos for the web in my home. The videos will consist of presenter and reviewed item up to a size of lets say 50" TV.

I would like to get this effect, or at least something as close to it as possible: please see this link

I also found this short video that explained what to do to get that type of nice white background again see another link

I will be using a Samsung H300 Full HD camera to shoot these videos. I did some search on ebay and found these lights (and I intended to get 2 sets) link

I have a limited space (will be using my living room) I probably will not be able to fit in the background (but my walls are white/cream white). So I simply just don't know if this type of light would work for me.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Yeah you'll need the space and the white backdrop or chroma-key back drop (using a green/blue screen and throwing in the white colour in post) You dont need to lightly hang it taking up space like in the video, you can flatten it to the wall with clamps, or if its your living room and dont mind a green (personally id love it!) staple the backdrop nice and tight to the wall

The fact is its very hard get that type of background with a regular white wall unless its specially painted with matte paint. matte sucks in light and doesn't reflect it. So you can over expose it without mucking things up

So id say your best best is to paint or rig a green screen to your living room wall, and rig above lighting (nice soft, even light) for the screen and you'll be able to key in the screen and turn it white perfectly. With practice and a few trial and errors you'll get it down.

We were shooting a few camera tutorials using this but in the end just left the green in instead of the planned white, its cool and pleasing to the eye and less hassle.

It very tough with limited space. But not impossible

Just muck around and see what works.

Advertisement