Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a problem with the self service section of the DIT website?

Options
  • 04-02-2012 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi there,

I'm getting a response from the self service section of the DIT website saying my pin has been disabled. Is anyone else having the same problem? I've attached a pic of the messages I'm getting.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Hi there,

I'm getting a response from the self service section of the DIT website saying my pin has been disabled. Is anyone else having the same problem? I've attached a pic of the messages I'm getting.
    I think they disable all accounts and take it off line around results time, then reactivate pins course by course, as that courses results become available.

I assume this is to minimise the risk of the server crashing from too many people logging on to see if their results are up early or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭SpatialPlanner

I think they disable all accounts and take it off line around results time, then reactivate pins course by course, as that courses results become available.

I assume this is to minimise the risk of the server crashing from too many people logging on to see if their results are up early or something.

Thanks for that. Makes sense alright. The grades were up last Saturday and it didn't happen so I thought it might have been a glitch.:)

Advertisement