Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place for tyres

Options
  • 04-02-2012 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭

Where's the best (price and quality) place to buy 4 new car tyres in the city?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭cookie75

Try Christy's by Blackstone bridge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Yea, Christy's is good, He's a sound bloke, Avoid Dessie's though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

Dessie is your only man.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Wouldn't go to Dessies but would recommend John Banks, they are pleasant to deal with & don't make $h1t of your alloys. Prices are on a par with others around town.
    I have used Treadwell lots in the past & Liam & the lads that were operating the depot near the train staton were good to deal with & handy in town. hey've moved into a consolidated epot down the Marina & don't open on Saturdays so I switched to John Banks Tyres as I'm not near the Marina during the week.

John Banks Tyres:
    Phone: 021-4962249
    http://www.bankstyres.ie/

Treadwell:
    Phone: 021-4320100
    http://www.goldenpages.ie/treadwell-tyres-ire-ltd-cork-city/

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭DIF

Try Hanover Tyres by the Elyisan Tower / Bord Gais HQ - best price in Cork for Semperit Tyres.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 corkdogs1

Dave in Best Price Tyres,Dosco Ind Est.I had a taxi for years and got tyres from him,have a van now and still buy from him.A decent man and good prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 dreamer2009

For continental tyres I found cost plus tyres gd value. Mind u they are not in the city, off kinsale road roundabout so maybe a bit far out for u.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 strokle

Glounthane tyres is the best place. I travel from youghal to get my tyres there. Cheapest around and great quality

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I've always found fast fit in Togher to be good in both service and price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bilhorgan05

got 4 new Hankook v12 evo's 225 40 18's couple of weeks ago. checked all around and cheapest i found was in Carrigtwohill near little Island, place called Budget Tyres (d guys name is Gavin) Unreal grip, better than the Toyos i had on before them! (running @ 275bhp :D) thought i'd give him a plug as have been there loadsa times and happy out :)

www.budget-tyres-cork.com

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

How much did they set ya back?
    That exactley what I got for my car and it's running 300 bhp :D
    120 a corner from fastfit for two.

I do find them very grippy

Advertisement