Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap gadget that will allow me to play NetFlix on TV

• 04-02-2012 1:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭

I'm sure there's information out there on this, but I don't have the time to research.

Basically, I have a TV. It's not HD or HD Ready. I don't have a PS3 or X Box.

What's the cheapest but still effective device that i can buy that will allow me to stream movies to my TV.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭Velvety

You could probably get a second hand Wii for about €50.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

Do you have a laptop already? If so just hook it up to the tv and you can watch Netflix like that.
    Or as already suggested, buy a cheap 2nd hand system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Check on ebay for a Roku streamer, there are some refurbs for £40.

Amazon should have them soon for around £50, but at the moment they are only listing the dearer version which is £99.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Doesn't the AppleTV have a Netflix app?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

boobar wrote: »
    What's the cheapest but still effective device that i can buy that will allow me to stream movies to my TV.
    hmmm wrote: »
    Doesn't the AppleTV have a Netflix app?

Yes but the Apple TV is about twice the price of the other suggestions the OP has got.

And beware the original Apple TV doesn't have a netflix app you need the 2nd. Gen model.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

Velvety wrote: »
    You could probably get a second hand Wii for about €50.

Just on this option - its a good suggestion - however bear in mind you have to softmod it - also this means streaming over wifi only (which might be slow)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

however bear in mind you have to softmod it - also this means streaming over wifi only (which might be slow)
    :confused:
    1) The Wii has a Netflix app - http://www.thegamingherald.com/401/netflix-hits-wii-in-uk-and-ireland/

2) It also has a USB ethernet adaptor- http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wii-USB-2-0-Ethernet-Adaptor/dp/B001R09BYI

Advertisement