Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peri peri chicken wings

Options
  • 04-02-2012 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Does anyone have a recipe for peri peri chicken wings please. Usually get them in a place called La Bucca but would love to try them at home.

Many Thanks smile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

The La Bucca wings are practically identical to the Elephant & Castle ones. There's a whole thread on them here! I think Frank's Hot Sauce is what's used to get the flavour, but you'll get ideas of how exactly to cook them from that thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,412 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The La Bucca wings are practically identical to the Elephant & Castle ones. There's a whole thread on them here! I think Frank's Hot Sauce is what's used to get the flavour, but you'll get ideas of how exactly to cook them from that thread.
    Franks is used to make buffalo wings, thats what that thread is about.
    They aren't the same as peri peri wings. Which are made with peri peri seasoning.

Maybe the OP meant to say buffalo, or maybe La Bucca use the name peri peri incorrectly.
    Franks wings are delicious anyway

La Bucca only do one type of wings, I can't remember if they do call them peri peri ones or not, but they're defo the same flavour as the E&C ones :)

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭cosbawn

Peri Peri Chicken wings:
    Thanks to everyone. I've only just joined and wasn't sure if I was breaking some protocol by posting!! But starting to find my way around the site now. Will enjoy having a go making them.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭ljcoolk

i have the recipe for the la bucca wings I'll pm it to you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

ljcoolk wrote: »

Hey share the love please :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Why not post it here for the benefit of all F&D posters & lurkers. ;)

tHB

It's on my work pc but I'll do it tomorrow for all the peri peri wing lovers 

Ok so here we go;

You will need:
    •franks red hot original sauce (not wing sauce)
    •a knob of real butter
    •paprika
    •cayenne pepper
    • handful of flour

How to prepare your wings
    •the wings need to be marinated in a bowl mix the flour, 1 tbp soon of paprika, 1 tbp of cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Mix the wings and leave for an hour or 2

How to make the sauce:
    •empty half the bottle of the sauce into a pot, heat slowly and add your knob of butter ... That's your sauce

How to cook:
    Deep fat fryer on at 190 preheated cook the wings for 10 minutes, you can use an oven but they won't be as crispy

To serve:
    • when the wings are cooked pour the sauce over the wings

Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭cosbawn

Many Thanks :):):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

Frank's isn't 'peri peri', though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 shaynoh

Hey LJCOOLK! Just a quick one. The La Bucca chicken wings have a strong vinegar taste and smell. Are you sure there is no vinegar added?

Thanks.

shaynoh wrote: »
    Hey LJCOOLK! Just a quick one. The La Bucca chicken wings have a strong vinegar taste and smell. Are you sure there is no vinegar added?

Thanks.

Vinegar is one of the main ingredients in Frank's Hot Sauce!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Thread closed - it's too old to dredge up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement