Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry Challenge [15th to 17th June 2012]

Options
  • 04-02-2012 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi all,

I recently (20th Jan) saw that the charity named 'DEBRA Ireland' were featured on The Late Late show.

I felt so taken aback by the bravery and courage of the "butterfly children" (a term often used to describe younger Epidermolysis bullosa patients because the skin is said to be as fragile as a butterfly's wings).

When trying to find out more about the charity and the condition I noticed they are running a 75km run, walk or jog Kerry Challenge event.

Does anyone have experience of doing this event as it seems to have been running for a number of years now and I think it would allow for an enjoyable outdoor pursuit while taking in the beauty of the three great peninsulas of Kerry.

I wouldn't be a serious runner and would probably have to dig out my old hiking boots, get sponsorship and register but I reckon it would definitely be worthwhile.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭redsurfer

Hi

I did it last year, its great fun, the walk can be hard in spots but as long as your some way fit, you will be grand, Im going again this year, cant wait:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Jim05

anyone got full details of the route?

Advertisement