Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triathlon TV Watch [SPOILER ALERT]

Options
  • 04-02-2012 3:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭

A bit of a random one but there will be a feature from the Triathlon Ireland Squads high altitude training camp on RTE 1's Winning Streak this evening. Show starts at 7.35pm but the triathlon piece will be about half or 2/3rd the way through!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭DogSlySmile

Setanta Ireland this Thusday @ Midnight - 01:00

Formula one star Mark Webber takes part in this adventure racing event. Teams travel into the wilderness as they take on the Tasmanian landscape in a gruelling 5 day competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

airscotty wrote: »
    A bit of a random one but there will be a feature from the Triathlon Ireland Squads high altitude training camp on RTE 1's Winning Streak this evening. Show starts at 7.35pm but the triathlon piece will be about half or 2/3rd the way through!

Did anyone watch this? My brothers future mother in law was on the show. She got to spin the wheel!!!

Oh, the TI bit was fairly good too...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Did anyone watch this? My brothers future mother in law was on the show. She got to spin the wheel!!!

Oh, the TI bit was fairly good too...

Was the question popped before or after the wheel was spun? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Was the question popped before or after the wheel was spun? :)

HA, yeah I did think someone might pick up on that. It was back in September I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭L'Enfer du Nord

Available on Winning Streak feature available on rte player now.
    http://www.rte.ie/player

If like me you feel that Winning Streak should only be watched live (or better still not at all) the Triathlon feature starts roughly 36 minutes in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

In this Saturday's British Olympic Dreams, on BBC One from 1300 GMT, we'll examine the promise of Britain's triathlon trio and hear how injury could be the biggest obstacle between Alistair Brownlee and gold

That time of year again thank god. Eurosport are showing Challenge Wanaka tonight at 11, fist time I ever remember them showing challenge races, hopefully they have a deal with them year to show a few

Also keep your eyes peeled for a repeat of the Abi Dhabi triathlon on Eurosport also.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭littlemsfickle

Anyone know if the beeb are showing this weekends ITU racing on red button?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

CH4 showing Challenge Wanaka again at the weekend
    http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/vx5vp/triathlon--challenge-wanaka

also, BBC 2 showing highlights of the ITU world series opener on Sunday at 1.55.
    http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/v2myf/triathlon--2013-itu-world-series-auckland

Having the brownlee's so prominent in this raises our chances that there will be some pretty decent coverage of it on, even if it is delayed

Coverage on Challenge Wanaka while a bit amateurish with the cameras and one of the co-commentators having an annoying South African drawl was pretty reasonable. You can do a lot in an hour certainly I would prefer it to the minimal race highlights that the Ironman were putting out on a weekly basis.

A good win for McNeice, he seemed to do a lot wrong on his first full distance, looked like he went too hard on the bike and had digestive issues on the run but recovered well. Super swimmer some of the clips of him swimming through the chop were very impressive

Thats why I like the Brownlees, the Beeb love a winner so extended highlights hopefully to look forward to of most races this year - great to see it not on the red button as well. Their San Diego and Auckland coverage was a notch above the usual Eurosport/Channel 4 program

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Has anyone come across a discount code for Triathlonlive for 2013? I see USAT have one for members and i remember TI releasing details of one last year (literally two days after i purchased!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

catweazle wrote: »
    Coverage on Challenge Wanaka while a bit amateurish with the cameras and one of the co-commentators having an annoying South African drawl was pretty reasonable. You can do a lot in an hour certainly I would prefer it to the minimal race highlights that the Ironman were putting out on a weekly basis.

sounded more kiwi accent to me, better coverage than the ironman races though.. more action..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Shedite27

catweazle wrote: »
    .....one of the co-commentators having an annoying South African drawl...
    God it was an awful accent. I was watching it with ym gf also in the room, and she pointed out how awful the accent was after a few mns, and from then on it went straight through my head.

What do you feel is the best way to cover triathlons in an hour? I personally prefer the interviews, giving insight into their training, lives etc than actual action. Maybe the interviews over action rather than as much commentary.

Also, any ideas how they can better cover the swim section? Most tri's on TV is "And they're off", then 10 seconds later "and x is first out of the water". Do they ever put any numbers on hats or anything?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

prefer when they show the race, nice to see these guys struggling as well, makes it easier to dig deep even on a training run

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

The Brownlee's aren't racing this weekend just so you guys know.

Their first is San Diego it seems.

Likely a Gomez run away with a close finish for 2nd I'm sure.

Haug has to be favourite for women's but could also be very good.

- I'm also pending discount for the triathlonlive membership. I used it last year and it was great watching the races live.
    Won't be an option for me tomorrow so I can hold out another couple weeks to see if TI sort anything again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭El Director

It would be great to see Bryan Keane do well tomorrow too, he seemed in great form in Mooloolaba. He deserves a great year in fairness. I too will wait in hope for a TI discount :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Donelson

for all the night owls, live coverage of women's race from Auckland on bbc red button (channel 301 on my tv) from midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Grr paid my 20 yoyo and stupid nexus won't support flash :mad: Can watch on lap top but wanted to tune in on my lunch break tomorrow.

I knew id manage to find one :-) use Trimaglive

Found it on a german site and have used it myself for 20% off. Theres a spare tube right there

Offto bed for an hour nowcos we ar being saps and staying up watching both races

Bambaata wrote: »
    I knew id manage to find one :-) use Trimaglive

Found it on a german site and have used it myself for 20% off. Theres a spare tube right there

Offto bed for an hour nowcos we ar being saps and staying up watching both races

Been drifting in and out of sleep all day with this bug/flu/whatever so finding it difficult to sleep now so I too will prob tune in. I do love the ITU races :)

• Advertisement

Also up. Just watched rerun of maloollaba (sp?). Nice result for Bryan Keane. No kick at the end since his road runner cadence was almost a blur already!

Come on fix the live feed already :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

stupid error messages, get it sorted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭MrCreosote

Men's race on now. The same tough bike course from last October, although nicer weather!

Gomez looking very strong so far.

Thank god for the red button! At home-Internet isn't good enough for a live feed.

BTW here are paddy power odds for the women's race....I'll take Hewitt at 7's. Jodie Stim. @ 10 e/w looks tempting too.

Is fullscreen working for anyone on PC?

I was trying to find some stream of bbc but didnt have any luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭MrCreosote

Just stuck a few euro e/w on Kate McIlroy who's a decent bet for the podium I reckon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Bambaata wrote: »
    Is fullscreen working for anyone on PC?

I was trying to find some stream of bbc but didnt have any luck

Yeah full screen working.

I have gone biggish on Haug as cannot see past her tbh, Justus small in this just in case Gomez has a disaster.

Keane/Frodeno group closing the gap down to 52sec now

• Advertisement

25secs now.. Keane top 15 possible now

Advertisement