Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

akai mpd 32

• 04-02-2012 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

hi guys im looking for an akai mpd 32 if anyones selling one used in good condition or new:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Theres a lad on adverts selling a 24, and a lad on gumtree selling a 26. The 32 is the daddy though. I’ll report back if I see one pop up anywhere.

Whatever you get, don’t forget to upgrade the pads.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZViS288WH4

I did it on my MPK49 and the difference is night and day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Splinters

They're great controllers. I have the MPD32, and adimtedly it was an impulse buy that I was unsure if I really needed. I can happily say Id be lost without it now. Its totally changed my writing workflow. I havent done the pad mod yet, its not massively essential for the way I use mine but I probably should do it all the same.

Anyway best of luck with the search, they're a great piece of kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭whitts

Lads what do you need to get going on one of these? Programs for laptop etc.?

Whitts, an AKAI MPD is a MIDI controller, so it will work with any music software that supports the MIDI protocol.

Ableton Live
    Reason
    Apple Logic
    FL Studio
    Sonar
    Cubase
    Pro Tools

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭whitts

Niceone, have been looking at them for a while now, look like a fun piece of kit! Think its time to invest :)

• Advertisement

They can be used in a DJ/Performance style too. With Ableton Live, you can use a MIDI controller to controller whatever you like, in whatever way you like.

Here is Nosaj Thing rockin some of his tunes with Ableton Live and an MPD, remixing on the fly..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31AFfyPXUKQ

:D

They are great yolks.

Advertisement