Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Fantasy Football 2011/12 (FSA link in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Surprised by all the mata transfers in, do they not know chelsea are s'hite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Any news on Ade's knee?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Surprised by all the mata transfers in, do they not know chelsea are s'hite

Exactly - I'm a chelsea fan and its the first year I havent had any in my Fantasy team!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Tristram wrote: »
    Any news on Ade's knee?
    fine as per F365 preview!

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭duiggers

Who are most people making captain?

Think I'm gona go with BA as Wolves are in a shambles at the moment, although Aguero and Silva are tempting me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Keane's looking tasty, as is Aguero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Keane will burn 2 transfers (1 in, 1 out) as this is his last game

Dempsey wrote: »
    Keane will burn 2 transfers (1 in, 1 out) as this is his last game

True, but I fancy him against Wigan, and has been value for money while at Aston Villa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,432 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Ba for Capt?? v Wolves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Team is a bit of a mess for this week,any ideas guys,1.3 in the bank,Valencia and Bosingwa both out injured

Vorm,Stockdale
    Enrique,Evans,Richards,Simpson,Bosingwa
    Silva,Bale,Valencia,Sessegon,Allen
    Yakubu,Bent,RVP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Team is a bit of a mess for this week,any ideas guys,1.3 in the bank,Valencia and Bosingwa both out injured

Vorm,Stockdale
    Enrique,Evans,Richards,Simpson,Bosingwa
    Silva,Bale,Valencia,Sessegon,Allen
    Yakubu,Bent,RVP

Maybe take Bosingwa out for Kompany. Two good home fixtures. I'd keep Valencia as he'll probably be back from injury in 2 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Whoa, a whole dedicated fantasy football forum, AND its own thread about captain choice? I think I might have to check that out.

And I agree, Ba or Aguero are the top choices this week, but counting out RVP can always bite you in the ass. I imgaine he and Rooney are the top "differential" captain choices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Made my transfer ages ago by bringing in the Yak. I couldn't be happier with my midfield at the moment it's my strikers that are worrying me. Not having Aguero is getting on my nerves. He is by far looking the best option for the next 2 games of any other player. Rooney on the other hand is 75% due to a sore throat! I have Rooney, the Yak and RVP up there, the yak is on my bench this week, waiting to come in next week when the City game is gone by. Only brought him in to save money and because I had no other transfer to make. But now I'm thinking RVP should be dropped for Aguero but that could be the dodgiest decision I could make. The decisions lads.

I'm just hoping Aguero does nothing in the next two games but is looking very very unlikely, especially after Porto the last night. The 2 goals that were scored when he was on the pitch.... he scored 1 of them, assisted the other. If rooney doesn't play now, it'll be a huge kick in the balls! Does anyone have updates on him, will he play?

Ah there it is! Thanks for linking this. Otherwise it would have taken me an hour or two to find it again.

Damn forum, why don't they put it where we can find it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Will Richards play for City this weekend?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

FatRat wrote: »
    Made my transfer ages ago by bringing in the Yak. I couldn't be happier with my midfield at the moment it's my strikers that are worrying me.

hmm I'm kinda worried about my midfield.
    silva,bale,mclean,sigurdsson and walters.Actually I'm pretty happy with the first 3 and actually sigurdsson too I suppose.Walters is back in midfield for stoke but stoke have a good run coming,have 5.2 in the bank....I'll probably drop him next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

So my team at the moment....

Vorm

Kompany J Evans Assou Ekotto

Sessegnon Bale Silva Valencia

Aguero Ba Van persie

Bogdan Kelly Simpson and Moses on the bench.

So i have decided my two main things this week is who to pick as captain and what to do about Valencia.

I will not lose any value on Valencia if i sell him this week and bring him back in next week but i have no idea who to swap him for this week.....

My captain will either be Bale or Aguero

Ahhhh decisions decisions.......

• Advertisement

Need a Valencia replacement for this week only

his price + 0.2 only

Suggestions please!

All relevant GW26 team news for all 9 games for anyone interested; http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056559099

Highlights: No Liverpool or Everton this week. Valencia out. Rooney a doubt. Cabaye & Tiote return. Fletcher "hopeful". Robbie Keane's last game. Toure's back. Ade fit.

Will Richards play for City this weekend?

Hopefully. He took a knock the last day but is fit for tomorrow. He has played 2 matches in the past week and a half which might be good enough reason for him to be rested but I don't think so. I looked over at fiso and the clowns over there are certain that he will be rested. Apparently Mancini "always" rotates his full-backs. Once this season Richards has been rotated. :rolleyes:

So unless he's been pushed down the pecking order and Zabaleta is the new no1 right back, I think Richards will start tomorrow. PL should be Mancini's main priority now and Richards is a key player.

Who to captain? Forgot to ask in my last post. I'm edging to Sess but I could end up going Dempsey or Rooney. Not too sure.

Need a Valencia replacement for this week only

his price + 0.2 only

Suggestions please!

Yaya Toure.

FatRat wrote: »
    Yaya Toure.

Hes the first one that came into my head but problem i have and probley a good few others will to is that i already have 3 city players which i wont be dropping from yet.

Hes the first one that came into my head but problem i have and probley a good few others will to is that i already have 3 city players which i wont be dropping from yet.

Yep - would have helped if I posted my team I suppose, so here goes

vorm/ruddy

assou\martin r\simpson\shawcross\kompany

sess\bale\silva\dyer\valencia

ba\rvp\aquergo

thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

vorm/ruddy

ba\rvp\aquergo

thanks!

Keep Valencia and bench him, He will probably be back next week. Your team is strong enough to cope. Save the transfer

vorm/ruddy

ba\rvp\aquergo

thanks!

You have pretty much same midfield as i do only u have Dyer instead i have Moses so im in same situation as urself more or less.

I was thinking maybe ox for Arsenal but im very wary over anyone from there team apart from Van persie. Then you have Scott sinclair and Johnathan walters who have been decent most of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

BAE or Senderos at the back this week? Got stung the last time I had Senderos in an away game but in a Spurs v Arsenal game anything can happen.

Benimar wrote: »
    Keep Valencia and bench him, He will probably be back next week. Your team is strong enough to cope. Save the transfer

If you have the transfer whats the harm in just using it. That player on the bench could be swapped for someone who could get u extra points. Can just bring Valencia back in next week at the same price.

zerks wrote: »
    BAE or Senderos at the back this week? Got stung the last time I had Senderos in an away game but in a Spurs v Arsenal game anything can happen.

Meaning BAE could come up with a goal or an assist seeing as he has been handy for them this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

If you have the transfer whats the harm in just using it. That player on the bench could be swapped for someone who could get u extra points. Can just bring Valencia back in next week at the same price.

You have then used this weeks and next weeks transfer to end up with the exact same team.

It also means if anyone gets injured/suspended this week you could end up taking a hit to get Valencia back in if you want him.

Also, if you have two transfers next week it gives far more flexibility. I just don't see the need to 'waste' a transfer on a Valencia replacement when there isn't a standout candidate in the price range.

Benimar wrote: »
    You have then used this weeks and next weeks transfer to end up with the exact same team.

It also means if anyone gets injured/suspended this week you could end up taking a hit to get Valencia back in if you want him.

Also, if you have two transfers next week it gives far more flexibility. I just don't see the need to 'waste' a transfer on a Valencia replacement when there isn't a standout candidate in the price range.

I have two free transfers this week which will probley be gone next week.

Theres no one else in my team at moment i want or need to change. Im well ahead in my private league so its the boards leagues that im trying to catch up with at the moment. I dunno what to do with Valencia weather to bench him for Moses or to swap him out for someone else.

thanks for all that - kinda leaning to saving it now as there is no standout
    Just play the extra defender, but I'll probably crack and make some mad change!

Making Aquergo capt esp now that SAMBA has signed for anzhi!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,454 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

If it wasn't for Chelsea being at home to Bolton I'd be getting Nani back in for Mata. He's great value at 9.9m at the moment imo and will definitely be making the change in 3 gameweeks. For FF reasons I hope he is still at around the same price by then but for United supporting reasons I hope he is out of my price range :D

also the old conundrum: Sorensen at home to Swansea or Krul at home to Wolves?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭redarmy

Liam O wrote: »
    If it wasn't for Chelsea being at home to Bolton I'd be getting Nani back in for Mata. He's great value at 9.9m at the moment imo and will definitely be making the change in 3 gameweeks. For FF reasons I hope he is still at around the same price by then but for United supporting reasons I hope he is out of my price range :D

also the old conundrum: Sorensen at home to Swansea or Krul at home to Wolves?
    krul ;)

Sooooooo Moses in midfield and bench Valencia or still Simpson in defense instead.......

Don't think Toure represents great value for his price tag, not in FF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Anyone any advice re up front..

Have Dzeko currently... looking at keeping him or bringing in Cisse (Newc) or Balotelli

Or getting rid of Valencia for this week and bringing in Yaya Toure...(Have Silva already though)

Don't want to be in a situation where Rooney and Dzeko don't play :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

PopTarts wrote: »

Have Dzeko currently... looking at keeping him or bringing in Cisse (Newc) or Balotelli

Or getting rid of Valencia for this week and bringing in Yaya Toure...(Have Silva already though)

Ageuro and Ba are topping the captaincy poll over in the fantasy sports arena if that's any use to ya. - link to it here :: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1535

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

PopTarts wrote: »

Its hard to know with Mancini, i was having a great last week until he fked me with Dzeko and Richards getting 10 mins between them. Wouldnt surprise me if he dropped Aguero and played Balotelli. He cant start Aguero every week........or maybe he could, and then Aguero could be burnt out a bit.

Valencia could be back for Spurs.

• Advertisement

Ageuro and Ba are topping the captaincy poll over in the fantasy sports arena if that's any use to ya. - link to it here :: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1535

Everyone has Ba though, I'm 2nd in one league so want a bit of a differential.

No guarentee for Dzeko / Balotelli / Aguero with Man City.

I'll probably go Cisse (looking at Sturridge now too)

I'm captaining Silva.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,454 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Have it on Silva but have a horrible feeling he wont start so might throw it on Mata, Rooney or Demba Cisse by the end, hardest choice I've had in a while...

Ba for Captain.

Feel dirty ignoring RVP..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Don't think Toure represents great value for his price tag, not in FF

That depends on where he plays the majority of games. If he's allowed to power forward from midfield I think he's an excellent prospect as he'll take plenty of shots and he has the capability to take defenders out of the game with his runs meaning he usually gets fairly clear cut opportunities.

Only problem is that especially on the road, Mancini could ask him to sit deeper and be more disciplined thus making him a pretty poor option.

Time will tell but I think he could provide a similar points total to Silva for 3.0m less.

Captained Cisse :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,053 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Had to give the armband to Aguero, vice-captain is Silva. Sadly I can see both of them having great days as far as FF is concerned.

I still haven't brought back in Ba. I gotta see whats going on with himself and Cisse both in the team. Cisse seems to be playing the central role and that looks like it will affect Ba's scoring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

aguero captain for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Ryan Taylor starts.

Cech ivanovic Cahill Luis cole Essien Lampard (capt)Ramires sturridge drogba and mata

We've got our own Matchday thread running for anyone interested in using the new forum; http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=77282216#post77282216

We've already got some teamsheets up.

Taster (courtesy of Coletrickle88)

#nufc Krul; Simpson, Williamson, Coloccini , Santon; R Taylor, Cabaye, Tiote, Gutierrez; Cisse, Ba”

#WBA team Foster; Reid, McAuley, Olsson, Ridgewell; O'wingie, Mulumbu, Morrison, Andrews, Thomas; Fortune

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Chelsea (vs Bolton): Cech, Ivanovic, David Luiz, Cahill, Cole; Ramires, Essien, Lamps (c); Sturridge, Drogba, Mata.

Newcastle (vs Wolves): Krul; Simpson, Williamson, Coloccini (c), Santon; R Taylor, Cabaye, Tiote, Gutierrez; Cisse, Ba

QPR (vs Fulham): Kenny, Diakite, Hill, Taarabt, Mackie, Barton, Wright-Phillips, Taiwo, Ferdinand, Onuoha, Zamora

West Brom (vs Sunderland): Foster; Reid, McAuley, Olsson, Ridgewell; Odemwingie, Mulumbu, Morrison, Andrews, Thomas; Fortune.

Wigan (vs Villa): Al Habsi,, Alcaraz, McCarthy, Caldwell (c), Di Santo, Moses, Gomez, McArthur, Boyce, Beausejour, Figueroa

Bolton (vs Chelsea): Bogdan, Steinsson, Wheater, Ream, Ricketts, Muamba, Reo-Coker, Pratley, Miyaichi, Tuncay, Ngog

Wolves (vs Newcastle): Hennessey, Zubar, Berra, Stearman, Ward, Foley, Henry, Edwards, Jarvis, O'Hara, Doyle

Fulham (vs QPR): Schwarzer, Kelly, Riise, Hangeland, Pogrebnyak, Johnson, Ruiz, Murphy, Hughes, Dempsey, Dembele

Sunderland (vs WBA): Mignolet, Bardsley, Richardson, Turner, O'Shea, Larsson, McClean, Cattermole (C), Colback, Gardner, Sessegnon

Villa (vs Wigan): Given, Hutton, Collins, Cuellar, Warnock, Albrighton, Bannan, Gardner, Agbonlahor, Bent, Keane

Advertisement