Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Fantasy Football 2011/12 (FSA link in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

2 goals for Newcastle and not even an assist for Ba-glad so far that I captained Aguero!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

It does appear that the monoply Ba had on newcastles goals/points before christmas is defo gona be shared with cisse.

I had considered getting Ba in lately but dont think i will bother happy enough with ade, suarez and aguero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Yeah, Ba is seriously over-inflated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Anyone watching the game? will Simpson get an assist for Guttierez goal?

luiz goal!!

any idea who assisted?

• Advertisement

daithijjj wrote: »
    Anyone watching the game? will Simpson get an assist for Guttierez goal?

not sure but he might just have scored an o.g.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

redzerdrog wrote: »
    luiz goal!!

any idea who assisted?

Drogba .

No way it's an Og Jarvis's shot was going on target

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

bbc says wolves goal took a nick off simpson. will it go down as an own goal ?

i was listening on radio and they said it took a massive looping deflection:rolleyes: :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

i reckon no assist and no own goal, it was big deflection but was on target. Was arguing with a mate over the supposed simp assist. He hasnt got it yet anyway.

Honestly no idea if thats an assist, it seems ridiculous if simpson gets it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

22 points with 5 to go. Not great and I certainly won't be making up much ground this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

32 with vorm, evans, vp, bale to come

hopefully silva (c) will pick up bonus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Think it's gona be a pretty meh week for the majority of people,currently on 24 with 6 to play.Just happy I stuck with Aguero as captain instead of changing to Ba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭smokingman

34 points with Evans, Bale and Van Pirsie to go.
    Kinda stunned to see VP is going down in price tonight....I knew it was coming but after such a long time on top, it's still a bit shocking.
    Valentia is also going down so I have a feeling I'm going to have to make the move I've been planning for a while...ending up with VP, Rooney, Aguero, Silva, Bale, Sessengnon, Dempsey, Surman, Evans, Senderos, Warnock, Caulker, Simpson, Mignolet and Sorenson.

Now I'm beginning to wonder about having VP though...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

39 points with the standard trio of Evans, Bale and RVP to play. Hoping for some Captain Aguero bonus. The rest of my big scorers were Kompany, A.Cole and Silva so not expecting much bonus advantage from those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Szczesny; Sagna, Kosc, Vermaelan, Gibbs; Arteta, Song; Rosicky; Walcott, RVP, Benayoun.

Freidel; Walker, Kaboul, King, AsEkotto; Kranjcar, Parker, Modric, Bale; Adebayor, Saha.

Ruddy, Drury, Johnson, Whitbread, Holt (C), Jackson, Surman, Pilkington, Fox, Ward, Naughton.

De Gea, Evra, Jones, Ferdinand, Evans, Giggs, Hernandez, Carrick, Nani, Welbeck, Scholes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

No Rooney. Life = Over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I'm thinking of RVP --> Ade at the mo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭seriousfizz

Vorm out due to illness, according to the BBC.

Dempsey wrote: »
    I'm thinking of RVP --> Ade at the mo

I was thinking RVP --> anyone last night...glad I didn't pull any triggers there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

A 0-0 in Stoke is needed for 12 points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Once again, the masses ignore RVP and consider dropping him, and once again, he's the best captain choice of the "regulars" for the GW.

Doesn't matter how good or how bad Arsenal are playing... RVP is in a different world, and will always deliver consistency for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

carlcon wrote: »
    Once again, the masses ignore RVP and consider dropping him, and once again, he's the best captain choice of the "regulars" for the GW.

Doesn't matter how good or how bad Arsenal are playing... RVP is in a different world, and will always deliver consistency for us.

Cool story bro

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

did you captain him?

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    did you captain him?

Couldn't resist going for Aguero myself because of Blackburn, but as you'll see here, I was in full support of him pre-match before he proved the naysayers wrong.

AdamD wrote: »
    Cool story bro
    With fine contributions like that, you deserve a job at the sports section of the News of the World.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Couldn't resist going for Aguero myself because of Blackburn, but as you'll see here, I was in full support of him pre-match before he proved the naysayers wrong.

^ I did the same

Ended up with 51 points after Simpson got the assist :)
    Just waiting on BPs for VP, Aguero and Bale/Silva.
    Just edging out everyones weekly score and still top in all my leagues bar one where I'm still 4th....this is now the league I need to win this year (leader's on 1467 - I'm on 1436...still doable :) )

Love this part of the season!

Does anyone know when the double gameweeks will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭shangri la

Looking for a bit of advice lads.

If a pub was to offer a special offer to its customers that they would have a £1,000stg prizepool what would be the best way to run it?

The whole prizepool to the winner or pay some to 2nd?

When should entries be closed?

Best way to confirm identity of the winner?

Anything else?

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

shangri la wrote: »

If a pub was to offer a special offer to its customers that they would have a £1,000stg prizepool what would be the best way to run it?

Anything else?

Thanks.

Is this for next years fantasy football season or the remainder of this years?

How many participants are you expecting? Best way to do it is pay it out like a poker tournament, see our payout structure here.

http://poker.williamhill.com/help/payout-structures/

For example, if you got 50 players the payout would be as follows:

1st £400
    2nd £250
    3rd £160
    4th £110
    5th £80

If you make it too top heavy people will lose interest if they have no chance of winning.

As for closing entries, this should be done before scoring on the first week. Make sure you do this!

RE confirming identity of the winner, any interested players should email you their passport number and will need to provide identity at the end of the season before collecting the prize. This confirms their identity and also stops people entering multiple teams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

The short Gameweek 29 (27 is next) looks like it'll be important. I currently have only 9 players for it but have no injuries so should be able to field a full 11 by the time it rolls around.

17 Mar 15:00 Fulham v Swansea
    17 Mar 15:00 Wigan v West Brom
    18 Mar 13:30 Wolves v Man Utd
    18 Mar 16:00 Newcastle v Norwich
    19 Mar 20:00 Man City v Chelsea

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Slim pickings on bonus points this week

Chelsea 3 Bolton 0
    Lampard 3, Drogba 2, Luiz 1
    Newcastle 2 Wolves 2
    Doyle 3, Gutierrez 2, Jarvis 1
    QPR 0 Fulham 1
    Pogrebnyak 3, Hughes 2, Dembele 1
    West Brom 4 Sunderland 0
    Odemwingie 3, Andrews 2, Morrison 1
    Wigan 0 Aston Villa 0
    Cuellar 3, Collins & Bent 2
    Man City 3 Blackburn 0
    Kolarov 3, Balotelli 2, Aguero 1
    Arsenal 5 Tottenham 2
    Walcott 3, Sagna 2, Song 1
    Norwich 1 Man United 2
    Scholes 3, Giggs 2, Nani 1
    Stoke 2 Swansea 0
    Crouch 3, Upson 2, Shotton 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

Very slim, did not even get one :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Lemlin wrote: »
    I've been having a dilemma as to which mid to leave out anyway - have Bale, Silva, Sess & Dempsey as well as Valencia - so this will cure the problem for a few weeks anyway.

Been away a few days. Was Sorensen dropped or how come he didn't play? 0 points for 'keeper this week because Vorm was also out.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭shangri la

shangri la wrote: »

Anything else?

Thanks.
    roryc wrote: »
    Is this for next years fantasy football season or the remainder of this years?

How many participants are you expecting? Best way to do it is pay it out like a poker tournament, see our payout structure here.

http://poker.williamhill.com/help/payout-structures/

For example, if you got 50 players the payout would be as follows:

1st £400
    2nd £250
    3rd £160
    4th £110
    5th £80

If you make it too top heavy people will lose interest if they have no chance of winning.

As for closing entries, this should be done before scoring on the first week. Make sure you do this!

RE confirming identity of the winner, any interested players should email you their passport number and will need to provide identity at the end of the season before collecting the prize. This confirms their identity and also stops people entering multiple teams.

It would be for next season.

Its a means of advertising the pub so it makes no difference to me if people enter multiple teams. To keep it fair I would close entries a certain number of weeks into the league, probably 6-10 weeks.

There could potentially be over a thousand entries.

I think the whole £1,000 to the winner has a better ring to it from an advertising point of view?

i was thinking that possibly the person would have to give me their login and password at the end of the season as a means of verifying the winner as I don't want to have to deal with over 1,000 emails at the start with passport numbers or the like?

£1,000 for the winner is a really, really, really bad idea mate, can't stress this enough... you will have 1,000 players and by Christmas 980+ will not care about the league as they will be highly unlikely to win anything from it.

With a large number like this, the best way to keep them all interested is by offering a prize for the highest score each month, say £50. A lot of leagues do this, and the software allows you to judge who has the highest score on a monthly basis (not who sits atop the main leaderboard each month).

This would cost about £500, then you could split the other £500 between the top three players at the end.

1st. 300
    2nd. 150
    3rd. 50

This is the best way of doing it with a league like this. And from an advertising POV just say £1,000 prizefund, its just as appealing and much more workable.

RE verification, yeh the login/password would work better if you have 1,000+ players.

Finally, keeping the league open for 6-10 weeks is absolutely crazy, you will have people entering 20 teams and it will be massively unfair to the honest players who have entered one team. If you keep the league open after the first week it could be an absolute disaster.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

roryc wrote: »
    £1,000 for the winner is a really, really, really bad idea mate, can't stress this enough... you will have 1,000 players and by Christmas 980+ will not care about the league as they will be highly unlikely to win anything from it.

With a large number like this, the best way to keep them all interested is by offering a prize for the highest score each month, say £50. A lot of leagues do this, and the software allows you to judge who has the highest score on a monthly basis (not who sits atop the main leaderboard each month).

This would cost about £500, then you could split the other £500 between the top three players at the end.

1st. 300
    2nd. 150
    3rd. 50

This is the best way of doing it with a league like this. And from an advertising POV just say £1,000 prizefund, its just as appealing and much more workable.

RE verification, yeh the login/password would work better if you have 1,000+ players.

Finally, keeping the league open for 6-10 weeks is absolutely crazy, you will have people entering 20 teams and it will be massively unfair to the honest players who have entered one team. If you keep the league open after the first week it could be an absolute disaster.

Agree with every single word.

Valencia's value has dropped to 7.9... still holding on to him in the hope that Fergie plays him after teh Spurs game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

made a change.

Gerrard out
    Morrison (West Brom) in

too many of the expensive signings are simply not worth their price tag. Gerrard in particular has been woeful in FF so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Link to Fantasy Sports Arena in OP.

Thanks for the link.

• Advertisement

Hmmm...Bale out for what's supposed to be 3 weeks, gameweek 29 and I haven't read any news on different sites this week....gonna be a long night...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Only site i seen mentioning that was goal.com and they tend to pull stories out of their holes. There were no quotes or nothing in it.

Only site i seen mentioning that was goal.com and they tend to pull stories out of their holes. There were no quotes or nothing in it.

The times and the mail had it aswell

Few more opinions here would be great
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056560249

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

dont know what to do this week

need to bench two of these but which two

evans, sig,bae or sess

not benching bale, too risky

rest of team is
    richards komp caulker
    demps silva bale
    yak rvp ba

linde

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭james123

There is not many posts here as there used to be

I preferred the one stop shop for fantasy football, its got to fancy now : (

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

james123 wrote: »
    There is not many posts here as there used to be

I preferred the one stop shop for fantasy football, its got to fancy now : (

me too

much preferred the way it was
    didnt bother me reading pages of stuff even if some
    of it wasnt up to much

mailburner wrote: »
    dont know what to do this week

need to bench two of these but which two

evans, sig,bae or sess

not benching bale, too risky

rest of team is
    richards komp caulker
    demps silva bale
    yak rvp ba

linde

BALE is prob out.

Also possibly RVP, SESS, and BAE

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

at least we should know about rvp as it's an early kick off

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

No transfers for me this week, going with:

T.Krul

V.Kompany
    S.Kelly
    A.Cole

D.Silva
    C.Dempsey
    G.Bale
    V.Moses

S.Aguero (C)
    D.Graham
    R.van Persie

SUBS: M.Vorm, S.Sessegnon, D.Simpson, J.Evans

Lots of injury doubts but I should be ok.

• Advertisement
Advertisement