Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Fantasy Football 2011/12 (FSA link in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭basillarkin

To be fair I get doubts about playing anyone away against Stoke :p
    Im the same but at least Clichy din'y play and McClean come in for a t least 8 :) I have a small chance in my weekly league this week for a change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Hmmm outside chance of a ton score this week.

On 74 with 3 players to play. Pretty sure I'll get 6bps for RVP(c) and a further 3 from Augero, so thats 83. also chance of some bonus for Sess/Zamora.

Then have Gerrard, BAE, Evans to play. Essentially need a goal + something else from Gerrard.

Of course I've jinxed it now so watch the remaining 3 players get a grand total of 2 points lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

One thing i never understand is when people play the 352 or 343 formation and then put a defender as their first sub. In a league with my mates i see it time and time again. I'm top in that league and every week i pull away a bit thanks to them not organizing their bench properly. Today for example second place has Shotton coming in with 1 point to replace Ramsey. His second sub is McClean with 8 points pre bonus. 3rd and 4th place have similar scenarios.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

One thing i never understand is when people play the 352 or 343 formation and then put a defender as their first sub. In a league with my mates i see it time and time again. I'm top in that league and every week i pull away a bit thanks to them not organizing their bench properly. Today for example second place has Shotton coming in with 1 point to replace Ramsey. His second sub is McClean with 8 points pre bonus. 3rd and 4th place have similar scenarios.

In general I put the attacking player as 1st sub but the number of times I've regretted that this season is ridiculous. On numerous occasions I've put Simpson as 2nd sub and paid the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

61 points so far but with Kompany not playing, Ox comes in 12, and still have 5 left to play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Anybody here not have vp as captain? :o

yep, because I was in here earlier this morning :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

was quite happy to put demps as my 2nd sub today with evans as 1st sub
    putting shotton ahead of mclean isnt something i would do though

i'd love to drop silva and get in mclean as i really want mclean
    wont drop demps as fulham have some nice fixtures ahead
    bale is undroppable as is sess and valencia is one of few shining
    for utd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

64 with 5 to go, McLean 1st sub is only bad news.

mailburner wrote: »
    was quite happy to put demps as my 2nd sub today with evans as 1st sub
    putting shotton ahead of mclean isnt something i would do though

Didn't just mean in general. Would of course be relative to the players you have and the fixtures. My point was that a lot of people closely focus on their starting 11 but don't seem to extend the same focus to their bench. I put Graham ahead of Dempsey today. Kelly was my third sub. Had i had Simpson i think i would have put him first sub.

• Advertisement

i'd love to drop silva and get in mclean as i really want mclean
    wont drop demps as fulham have some nice fixtures ahead
    bale is undroppable as is sess and valencia is one of few shining
    for utd

I'm considering transferring Dempsey out after next game week and bringing in Ba who then has 2 home fixtures back to back against Wolves and Sunderland. I benefited from Dempsey hat-trick and ensuing price rises. But i never really seen him as a long term solution. Despite the big Fulham win recently i think that was just an anomaly. They don't score enough and look too slow. Have a niggling feeling that Ba won't continue on his form though. Or Cisse will take some of the shine off him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

58 with 3 to play. Have sess and R Martin on bench, got 6 and 9 :( Hopefully Walker doesn't play he's yellow atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Finally got Victor Moses into my team. I will blow you all away the next few months. That is all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

manual_man wrote: »
    Finally got Victor Moses into my team. I will blow you all away the next few months. That is all

He got me a big 2 points today, happy out!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭viper.10

jumped straight on to twitter after arsenal game and thanked robin, told him i loved him. now i've settled down im thinking maybe i went to far :p

53 with simpson, bosingwa, jonny evans, valencia, bale and ba to play. considering i thought id get nothing this weekend with the tough fixtures im delighted.

I'm considering transferring Dempsey out after next game week and bringing in Ba who then has 2 home fixtures back to back against Wolves and Sunderland. I benefited from Dempsey hat-trick and ensuing price rises. But i never really seen him as a long term solution. Despite the big Fulham win recently i think that was just an anomaly. They don't score enough and look too slow. Have a niggling feeling that Ba won't continue on his form though. Or Cisse will take some of the shine off him.

I have the same feeling about ba myself
    i think anyone would be mad to drop demspsey with 3 home fixtures
    from this lot coming up
    swans villa wolve qpr stoke

not sure what to do next week as ive 2 ft
    i cant change my midfield so maybe fletcher out for someone
    only .1 in the bank

mig/lind
    komp,rich,bae,caulk,evans
    demsp bale sess silva valencia
    rvp zamora fletcher
    evans coming in for komp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭viper.10

I have the same feeling about ba myself
    i think anyone would be mad to drop demspsey with 3 home fixtures
    from this lot coming up
    swans villa wolve qpr stoke

not sure what to do next week as ive 2 ft
    i cant change my midfield so maybe fletcher out for someone
    only .1 in the bank

mig/lind
    komp,rich,bae,caulk,evans
    demsp bale sess silva valencia
    rvp zamora fletcher
    evans coming in for komp

if your happy enough with your outfield players, could you maybe change lindengard, hes out for another month, his price might drop and over the next month or so mignolet has arsenal, sunderland(big derby game) and liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Going to trade Dyer for Sigurdsson as my sub midfielder after todays games plus Swansea are at home next week.

Nasri still poses me a problem,to move him now would cost me 4 points,unsure what to do?
    After moving the cpt. off RVP to Auguero the inital panic was eased a little so my frontline got me 38 with Ba to come plus BP's,7 off those 2 i reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

fúcking McClean on the bench and Morison coming on for 20 minutes.

fml.

captained Aguero and not RVP too.

55 with 4 to play, but that's pretty shít really this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

54 points with 7 yet to play. If Newcastle, Manchester United and Tottenham do the business, then I'm in for a good week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

70 with 5 to play
    McClean 1st sub

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Walters>Sigurdsson the right move? Would enable me to get Ba next week. Trying to decide between Sigurdsson and McClean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shayno90

iroced wrote: »
    OK. I must apologise to all the ones who took captaincy off Van Persie from the link (=> http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-i-m-considering-resting-van-persie) I brought in there yesterday night.

And I have to thank deeply grohlisagod (you're a legend mate ;)) to convince me not to believe joker Wenger and to let my trust to Van Persie.

Last time I will be taking advice/news of yourself, cost me 46 points :rolleyes: Will avoid changing my team on the gameweek morning as had it set up with RvP as captain and foolishly benched him based on that hear-say article. Stick to the facts and if possible view the actual teamsheet will be my motto! Dropped 35 places in the boards league as a result!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭redarmy

shayno90 wrote: »
    Last time I will be taking advice/news of yourself, cost me 46 points :rolleyes: Will avoid changing my team on the gameweek morning as had it set up with RvP as captain and foolishly benched him based on that hear-say article. Stick to the facts and if possible view the actual teamsheet will be my motto! Dropped 35 places in the boards league as a result!!

benched him.............................................................................lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

shayno90 wrote: »
    You do whatever you wanna do. Ain't like I put a gun to your head.
    "hear-say article" ? Was arsenal.com ;).
    Maybe just you should have read through the 3-4 pages after I posted the "dramatic" news and deliberately played the devil's advocate against VP (6 games without any "big" score, Wenger repeating he's needing a rest, blablabla...) where several posters said they didn't believe it and couldn't see it happening as Arsenal needs him too much this year.

What I know is I'll never give any more credit to Wenger statements. After what he said he even played him up to the end while the game was long won for Arsenal :rolleyes:...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

fúck Wengers lies, fúck large font posts and fúck waking up early!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

People having a go because somebody gave wrong advice is plain wrong.

I don't think people can predict future and hindsight is wonderful.

I actually did not captain RVP either on the advice given here that he might not play, but ultimately it was my decision, and that's my tough, as much as I could have done with the points.

Most people here try give good advise. You do need lot luck in this game too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

A fair few folk from around the Chelsea ground on twitter say it isnt looking good for the game tomorrow with the forecast.

http://bildr.no/view/1097805

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Walters>Sigurdsson the right move? Would enable me to get Ba next week. Trying to decide between Sigurdsson and McClean.

Yes, Sigurdsson is a good move. Sess or McC is your other tbh. Dont let the fact that you want 2 5+ mf in your team put u off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Don't even consider it imo. Just get it done at thins stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

SlickRic wrote: »
    fúcking McClean on the bench and Morison coming on for 20 minutes.

fml.

captained Aguero and not RVP too.

55 with 4 to play, but that's pretty shít really this week.

Same as that. Was praying that Morison wouldn't come on. Left it until the last minute too before I made up my mind and in the end went for Morison at home to Bolton.
    Maybe Gerrard won't play today and McClean will come in...............

G1032 wrote: »
    Maybe Gerrard won't play today and McClean will come in...............

Gerrard definitely won't play today

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I decided against a 4 point hit to do Walters and Fletcher to Siggurdsson and Ba and it looks like I should have gone with my gut instinct.

64 with 3 to play despite Huth getting sent off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

67 with 5 (Krul, Simpson, Enrique, Gerrard and Ba) to play. A GW like this was long overdue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

If Newcastle get a clean sheet today with Ba getting a goal or two the top score will be immense this week.
    I have gone with 2 Newcastle defenders plus Ba so here is hoping.....

• Advertisement

Ba starts. Cisse bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭pah

Have krul, raylor & cisse playing as well as BAE, g cahill, bale

Got 58 from aguero c. Rvp, sess, dempsey & ox-chamb

Happy out

Double edit, was going to say cisse on bench but hes just on for injured Best :D

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭BillyBoy

Cisse on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Need big games from Wellbeck and Ba today to make back ground on those who have Aguero. City changed to a 4-4-2 yesterday and it paid off for owners of Aguero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Ba goal . R Taylor assist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Ba you legend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Joekers

Disgusted Ba scored had enough money to bring him in said i'd leave him for a week to see how he gets on :mad: and now ryan taylor goes off after 30 mins with a bad injury :( FML

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

Awful to Taylor injured but it will really shake up the FF side of things.

Every second team nearly has Taylor and a lot have him since he was cheap.

Ah why couldn't that have been the 61st minute Ba scored. Would have secured the clean sheet for Taylor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭pah

Raylor gets an assist though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Ba with a R Taylor assist.

Friggin love this game at times.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Feck off Keane

go on Robbie. least Villa deserve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

This GW is going to be a case of 'who had RVP, and who didn't'