Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woody Harrelson makes the internet mad

• 04-02-2012 4:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭

Woody Harrelson has a AMA over on reddit and he does not come over good at all!
    There seems to be a mass boycot of his film called Rampert! Because of it - it is very funny i think!

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/p9a1v/im_woody_harrelson_ama/

Can mod edit this for correct spelling? No one here beside me to help. In college

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,303 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

bensweeney wrote: »
    Woody haleson has a AMA over on reddit and he does not come over gud at all! there seems to b a mass boycot of his film called Rampert! becus of it it is very funny i think!

An interesting combination of English and txtspeak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Woody haleson has a AMA over on reddit and he does not come over gud at all! there seems to b a mass boycot of his film called Rampert! becus of it it is very funny i think!

WTF is this shite?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Mercurius

It looks like it was just a PR stunt for the film, and Woody probably didn't answer any questions at all.

A spectacular backfire. Some funny pisstaking on the site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭bensweeney

An interesting combination of English and txtspeak.

Sory I am Dyslexic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Bunch of jobsites sitting in mommys basement wont pirate woodies new flick... QQ moar..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Yahew

Who the F8ck can follow what is going on there. The most recent comments are swallowing what woody said. Useless interview form.

Yahew wrote: »
    Who the F8ck can follow what is going on there. The most recent comments are swallowing what woody said. Useless interview form.

If u click on his usernome at da top u will see all his posts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,303 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Sory I am Dyslexic

Well that's OK then. You're new here so you may not know about a person called Dr Bollocko. He says he doesn't like txtspeak.

No txt spk

I get why people feel the urge to use text speak. I understand that with the character limitations in place in SMS form and the likes of twitter it is useful to use text speak to get a point across. However here we have no similar character restrictions and it is not a language that most posters speak or wish to speak. Many view it as annoying and difficult to understand. Please refrain from using it on this forum.

Well that's OK then. You're new here so you may not know about a person called Dr Bollocko. He says he doesn't like txtspeak.

No txt spk

I get why people feel the urge to use text speak. I understand that with the character limitations in place in SMS form and the likes of twitter it is useful to use text speak to get a point across. However here we have no similar character restrictions and it is not a language that most posters speak or wish to speak. Many view it as annoying and difficult to understand. Please refrain from using it on this forum.

I need someone to help me wity spelling otherwise i cant help it i will leave so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

AH->CVPL
    Please refrain from any text speak on boards.
    I've edited some posts as asked by OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

aMQ84.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

TheZohan wrote: »
    WTF is this shite?

Reddit. It's...............Well............it's a site...............And.........um.........There's a section called AMA (Ask me anything) where sometimes famous movie stars go on and get abuse from the general public.

Or just people claiming to be famous movie stars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

to explain;

AMA stands for "Ask me anything"...when people offer to answer questions posted up by the community.

All types of people do it, prison guards, politicians, "I cycled across America on a tricycle, AMA" etc etc. If the community finds it interesting, there'll be a bunch of questions submitted and discussion around the AMA, and the person who it's about will make a decent effort to ask questions etc.

Woody Harrelson's PR people saw it as a good bit of free publicity for his new film, so they announced with proof that Woody would be doing an AMA. Of course this excited loads of people, plenty of them posted up questions to the guy asking various things, waiting for his response and so on.

Turned out he just wanted to spend 15 minutes doing it, answering questions about his new movie only. He answered 4 questions and that was that.

The thing obviously flopped, people are pi$$ed off because of the nerve of him and the PR firm and now he's memeing for the wrong reasons etc etc.

Personally I find it entertaining when big PR firms make such a massive fck up when it comes to the interwebs. :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Cianos wrote: »
    to explain;

AMA stands for "Ask me anything"...when people offer to answer questions posted up by the community.

Cheers, was wondering what that is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Yeah it means Ask Me Anything

edit: not sure if you were being sarcastic... -_-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭cormie

thanks for the explanation :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Mercurius

AMA is an American abbreviation of YHQIHA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Mark Hoppus of blink 182 is doing an AMA on monday. Hope it goes better for him than it did woody.

I thought more boardsie's would be redditers. considering the amount of content in YLYL.

Advertisement