Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Independent Film Scene

Options
  • 04-02-2012 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

Hey guys im wondering if there is much of a scene for independent film makers in Dublin in terms of like minded people getting together and building contacts and that? I haven't,and dont intend on attending any kind of film school, its just not an option for me financially. I would love to meet others who want to make their own films and get to know people who have a passion for such things.

Is there any venues or regular gatherings that promote any such thing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Film Network Ireland do meet ups the odd time. I think the group is invite only though, or maybe you can just join - i forget. If it wont let you sign up PM me your name and I can invite you into it.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/163147920376586/

• Registered Users Posts: 26 singingfish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

www.filmmakersnetwork.ie is a good place to start.

Lots of varying ranges of people in the industry there and they're a friendly inclusive bunch.

They used to have regular meet-ups in Dublin and there's talk of getting them back up and running.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 SEANIE1

see www.theatticstudio.net

meet every tuesday in film base
    contact admins first
    loads of people doing the independent thing
    actor, writers, directors....

• Registered Users Posts: 7 volex

Hey Steve I was hoping to do the same as you! Meet people with an interest in making shorts etc let me know pm me if you were able to get a group together
    Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement