Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blaze Bayley - Sat 12th May - Clubhouse, Castlebar

Options
  • 04-02-2012 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Live 'n' Loud at the Clubhouse Presents:

409424_3029516413421_1128175827_3137878_1135987815_n.jpg

BLAZE BAYLEY (Ex-Iron Maiden/Wolfsbane)
    www.blazebayley.net
    http://www.facebook.com/officialblazebayley

+ Support:

Xerosun
    www.facebook.com/xerosun
    www.xerosun.com

Psykosis
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Psykosis/119312978091233

Twisted Wrath
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Twisted-Wrath/140465146012378

Traitor
    http://www.facebook.com/traitorftv

Live at the Clubhouse, Castlebar, Co. Mayo.

Blaze Bayley started his musical career as the lead vocalist of Wolfsbane. When Bruce Dickinson departed heavy metal band Iron Maiden in 1993, Blaze Bayley was chosen as his replacement. Following Blaze Bayley's departure from Iron Maiden, he formed his own band, BLAZE. In 2000 the band released their debut studio album Silicon Messiah.

The album was followed up by Tenth Dimension and the band's first live album, As live as it gets. At the end of 2003, Blaze began writing material for the third studio album, blood & Belief. In February 2007, Blaze Bayley recorded the live DVD album Alive in Poland.

In July 2008, Blaze Bayley Band (BBB) released their debut studio album, The Man Who Would Not Die. The album also contained the band's first single, "Robot". The band recorded another DVD live at Z7, The Night That Will Not Die, which was released in March 2009. The 2nd album for the band, Promise and Terror was released on the 1st Feb 2010. Professional reviews have generally been very positive about the album.

To promote his new upcoming live DVD, Blaze will be touring all over Europe with his King of Metal Tour 2012. This will be with a line-up containing Dave Andrews, Claudio Tirincanti and others.

www.blazebayley.net

Tickets E15, available from Downtown Records in Castlebar & Westport on (094) 9022312: Westport Branch (098)26841.

Drinks promotions on the night.

Over 18's only - ID required.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ColinTWrath

Facebook event page here, please join to stay in touch with any updates about the gig - http://www.facebook.com/events/253588428036197/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

Oh God, poor Blaze. Has it really come to this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Oh God, poor Blaze. Has it really come to this?

What, a tour? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

What, a tour? :confused:

I think it was the fact that he's playing a clubhouse of a football team is an issue. What next, a bingo hall?

On a separate note, I ordered Wolfsbane's new album today. Anyone had a listen? The previews of Itunes sound alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I don't like Blaze's music, was never into his solo stuff or Wolfsbane but the guy really does wear his heart on his sleeve. He will play ANYWHERE at ANY TIME.

I've seen him play at a Festival to 50 people (Hard Rock Hell, Dec 2010) and he played like he was singing for 50,000.

IMO he's had a raw deal, i remember bein outside in the smokin area at Hard Rock Hell in Dec 2010, was snowing pretty badly, this guy came up, carrying a load of gear, and asked the way to the stage, it was Blaze, i just felt that it was wrong how an ex Maiden vocalist had to do this himself

• Advertisement

On a separate note, I ordered Wolfsbane's new album today. Anyone had a listen? The previews of Itunes sound alright.

Finally arrived today and it's not a bad album.. Ok, so it's not going to win album of the year but it's a good rock album with some catchy songs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ColinTWrath

This is show is tomorrow folks! Should be a good one.

This is show is tomorrow folks! Should be a good one.

3 posts, all about this gig. Are you Blaze himself or just someone from Castlebar Celtic? Seriously though, how did the gig go? Many there?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

3 posts, all about this gig. Are you Blaze himself or just someone from Castlebar Celtic? Seriously though, how did the gig go? Many there?

Less than 30, played his heart out though, sorry for the old bump.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Xenji wrote: »
    Less than 30, played his heart out though, sorry for the old bump.

Man that's depressing. Just saw this thread now, love his brief stint with Iron Maiden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

I remember (the Blaze Bayley fronted) Wolfsbane supporting (the Bruce Dickinson fronted) Maiden in the Point in 1990.

Some of the crowd started spitting at Bayley and he actually encouraged it. By the end of their set he was covered in phlegm and seemed pretty pleased with himself.

Some genius decided to spit at Bruce during Maiden's set and he halted the show, pin pointed the culprit and had him ejected.

His exact words were "We came to Ireland to play music, not get [EMAIL="f@;king"]f@;king[/EMAIL] gobbed on".

poundhound wrote: »
    I remember (the Blaze Bayley fronted) Wolfsbane supporting (the Bruce Dickinson fronted) Maiden in the Point in 1990.

Some of the crowd started spitting at Bayley and he actually encouraged it. By the end of their set he was covered in phlegm and seemed pretty pleased with himself.

Some genius decided to spit at Bruce during Maiden's set and he halted the show, pin pointed the culprit and had him ejected.

His exact words were "We came to Ireland to play music, not get [EMAIL="f@;king"]f@;king[/EMAIL] gobbed on".

That was a great gig. My first rock concert and actually go big into Wolfsbane after it. Loved the song 'Manhunt'. I'd say it's aged quite badly now though.

Advertisement