Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ratoath to City Centre

Options
  • 04-02-2012 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

Hi,

Just looking for some info from travellers out there! Theres a possibility I will be working in Dublin City Centre and wondering what the buses are like in the morning times...aiming to get into O'Connell Street for 8.30am roughly...also what is it like getting home, are they regular in the evenings and where do you catch the bus from to get back to Ratoath?

Looking at getting the train as another possibility but bus would be a lot handier and no having to drive the car, parking and all that stuff at the train station.

Any help appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭LeBash

Jennypops wrote: »
    Hi,

Just looking for some info from travellers out there! Theres a possibility I will be working in Dublin City Centre and wondering what the buses are like in the morning times...aiming to get into O'Connell Street for 8.30am roughly...also what is it like getting home, are they regular in the evenings and where do you catch the bus from to get back to Ratoath?

Looking at getting the train as another possibility but bus would be a lot handier and no having to drive the car, parking and all that stuff at the train station.

Any help appreciated!

Maybe see if you can find someone else going to the city centre every morning. I image half of Ratoath does and maybe throw them a few quid every month. Much better than the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

busses go from the auld stand in the mornings from 7 onwards, busses go at 7, 7:15, 7:30 and 7:45. the bus at 7 goes through ashbourne. To get in for half 8 i'd say take the 7 or 7:15 bus. it leaves you either on o'connell street or tunrs off at the top to let people off on parnell street. traffic depending it can take anywhere up to and hour and a half. but usually takes the hour.

Getting home the bus goes from beresford place. walk down abbey street beside the luas tracks towards busaras, when you get to the end of abbey street its to your right at the foot of that building there. busses are regular enough, i think every half hour or so with ashbourne busses being more regular.

full timetable is here

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Jennypops

I would much rather even drive in myself but Id have nowhere to park..good idea though will look into that.
    Only thing would be getting home, my hours wouldnt be the same every day so I would probably be better on public transport

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Jennypops

Cheers for that info! I guess Ive not had much luck with getting buses from Ratoath since we moved here, the either leave early or dont turn up.

I know theres a new bus stop down near Steeplechase and Supervalu so perhaps the route is changing or something.

Lastly, how much is it return every day?

I have an interview so just want to know how much I will have to spend etc on fares and that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Cheers for that info! I guess Ive not had much luck with getting buses from Ratoath since we moved here, the either leave early or dont turn up.

I know theres a new bus stop down near Steeplechase and Supervalu so perhaps the route is changing or something.

I have an interview so just want to know how much I will have to spend etc on fares and that.

i think its something like 8.60 a day or the weekly ticket is about 40 i think.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

The buses in the morning and evenings are usually pretty reliable. Those in between can be very hit and miss.
    Another choice may be driving to the M3 Parkway and getting a train. Only problem is that the train goes to Docklands and you would have to get a Luas from there to O' Connell St. or get off at Clonsilla and go from there to Connolly.

It's nearly €40 for a 10 journey adult ticket but you can get a discount by buying it on the BE website. Day return is around €8.50 I think.

Advertisement