Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

primrose gate, Willow Way

Options
  • 04-02-2012 8:05pm

Thinking of buying a duplex up there, was wondering has anyone any advice , and could you tell me, are there problems, like hearing the neighbours upstairs and other side of you? In other words are they built soundly enough to keep out noise from neighbours.

I was really keen last week, but now Im slightly hesitant.

Also, are the management company decent? Do things get done ? etc,
    any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

(Had this in Property and acc, but not sure if it was right place to post. )

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

It's a nice estate. I've a few friends that live there. I've heard of problems with people in the apartments when there's parties throwing cigarette butts over the balcony and the likes.

Alot of teenagers hang around the tesco.

Took the management co. a good while to carpet the stairs up to the apartments.

Now my friends that live in it, love it. Just wouldn't be for me.

ok, cheers for that :)

I had heard about the teenagers hanging about alright.

The cig butts being flicked into my garden would probably annoy the hell out of me, simply because I wouldnt dream of throwing anything in to anyone elses garden. What the hell is wrong with people ??

To be honest though I think if people were having parties above me that will be a lot more annoying.

Decisions Decisions. I was dead set on this place last week. Now I have a different feeling on it.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

It's a tough one alright. because it is a lovely estate. The apartment with the party and the cigarette butts were also joined by the disadvantage of only 1 bathroom! :eek:

I dont want to put you off with just my horror stories. I'm sure there are many a lovely neighbour in that estate, and as I mentioned, my friends who live there love it and wouldn't be interested in leaving. There was just enough to put me off as it's one place I looked at when I was buying and it was second on my list if I hadn't got where I am now.

Ah no, you wont put me off , per se, I was just having second thoughts. Its good to hear the horror stories tho :)

thanks a million :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

The estate is always very well maintained and has a secure central area for depositing household waste so no wheelie bins. You should check out the yearly cost for estate maintenance and services for the different type dwellings just in case you haven't factored it in. The only issues I've heard complaints about are to do with the new shops area and noise from teenagers messing about. The shops are in the middle of a group of dwellings so any bit of noise will be easily heard by those living close.

• Advertisement
Advertisement