Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2700sq ft builders finish

Options
  • 04-02-2012 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi, we are house hunting at the moment as have been declined for planning on 2 different sites :mad:
    We were planning to just buy a finished house in the country in limerick, but iv come across an unfinished house thats almost exactly like what we had planned to build. But its alot bigger! our plans were for a 2000sq ft dormer and this is 2700- quiet a jump- but its so perfect other than size!
    i dont know alot about building but it says its finished to builders finish.

how much would it cost to finish- i know thats like asking how long is a piece of thread but we would like decent heating, plumbing and insulation- not top of the range but very good. we will be looking for bargains on everything and importing alot of stuff. just if anyone can give me a ball park to finish! i am being overly naive that this wil be handy enough to finish as its just the inside that needs to be done!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

wildflower wrote: »
    Hi, we are house hunting at the moment as have been declined for planning on 2 different sites :mad:
    We were planning to just buy a finished house in the country in limerick, but iv come across an unfinished house thats almost exactly like what we had planned to build. But its alot bigger! our plans were for a 2000sq ft dormer and this is 2700- quiet a jump- but its so perfect other than size!
    i dont know alot about building but it says its finished to builders finish.

how much would it cost to finish- i know thats like asking how long is a piece of thread but we would like decent heating, plumbing and insulation- not top of the range but very good. we will be looking for bargains on everything and importing alot of stuff. just if anyone can give me a ball park to finish! i am being overly naive that this wil be handy enough to finish as its just the inside that needs to be done!
    you need professional advice from a building surveyor and an arch/arch tech (so that you can spec & cost finishing) and you need to see all correct certification from the seller / solicitor that it is in fact to 'builders finish'. When auctioneers say things like 'only second fix to be done' or 'builders finish' - they actually mean 'buyer beware', 'nothing will be guaranteed' and 'no paperwork provided'. many of these houses are sitting idle now for several years, letting in the elements, with no certification for any of the works as the trades have disappeared, and there rarely seems to be any professional involvement or supervision... at least on paper anyway.. best of luck with what ever you decide..

Advertisement