Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sax (sic) on Dun Laoghaire Pier

Options
  • 04-02-2012 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭

Sax=saxophone

I love a walk down either East or West Pier in most weathers.

But recently each time I've walked down the East Pier there has been a guy (and on Friday a girl with him playing accordion) playing the saxophone. It's an instrument I hate and he plays the kind of cheesy jaunty numbers that would have me leaving anywhere that had that kind of music. And he plays it so loudly that I could hear it all the way down the pier and back again.

Does anyone know if he's there all day every day or are there any "sax free" times to have a peaceful walk?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭blossom180

I walk between 6 or 7 in the evening and he is not there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

I am familiar with the mandolin guy at the end (his music creates a nice atmosphere imo) and I have seen other interlopers come and go but not familiar with the sax guy. I have seen Roma accordionists and acoustic guitar buskers from time to time but usually no further down than the bandstand.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Bit of an unusual complaint however may I suggest the fogotten west pier. It's also a great walk .

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

OP, at least the bloody bagpipe player has moved on, now that was a heinous sound. The west pier never attracts any of these sorts and is a longer and therefore healthier walk (not withstanding the dog poop) or simply pop in ear phones and listen to a downloaded track of sea sounds until past ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭trishasaffron

I am of course a middle aged whinger - never thought I'd end up like this!!

Always used to go down the West pier but now I sometimes only have 30-40 mins and East is handier for that.....And - insult to injury - once recently the wind was so strong that the less than dulcet tones of the sax drifted from East to West pier!

Anyway - good to hear he's not there all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Ha you could always go down the legal route...as in he should have a permit to busk on the pier. Although having said that I don't even know if such a permit exists!

Failing that you could throw his sax off the pier :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

give him a kitkat, and when he stops to eat it, give him some money. see if he gets the hint.

Advertisement