Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frozen pizza issue!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭marketty

OP they are probably taking pity on you because you seem to be homeless. If I was working there i'd probably humour you once just because it's such a bizarre request I'd reckon you were really stuck for cash, but I wouldn't let it happen regularly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Damokc

OP has some f*cking neck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

Jesus, what a fcuking sap.....

You're beyond cheeky or a little slow, it's hard to tell through the typed word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

OP, you might feel more at home in this thread :p

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posters - let's keep it on topic and civil.

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Nolanger wrote: »
    Well you're all wrong. I had a nice frozen cheese pizza in a Dublin 1, Spar today and they cooked it at no extra charge. It was a different Spar to the last place though so that other manager wasn't there.

Did they slice it and box it too?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

If i was the manager you'd be barred! I guarante when they see you coming they're like 'oh no not this fella again', I used to work in a deli years ago when I was in school and we had our fair share of strange regulars that we used to hate seeing come in the door!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Did they slice it and box it too?
    The first Spar they did but today they just put it on a plate and brought it over to my table!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

go into Spar, buy a frozen pizza, and then get them to cook it?
    I never knew they would do that. Is this in all Spars?
    Nolanger wrote:
    Recently one of the managers said he's going to charge me extra the next time I do this. So is he out of order on this or should I be expected to pay extra for this service?
    Well, if there's a sign up saying "We'll cook your frozen stuff for free when you buy it" then I think he's out of order. Otherwise, no.

For all that, how much does he want to charge?
    If they'll cook if for a euro or two its still a great deal

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

The first Spar they did but today they just put it on a plate and brought it over to my table!

Did you get a bottle of wine to go with it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

as per my previous post I saw this service advertised (at no charge) in Middle Abbey Street at the Spar - i was heading for lunch elsewhere. But appears to be fairly standard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭marketty

Did you get a bottle of wine to go with it?

That reminds me I must make reservations at my local Spar for Valentines, it does always be packed

amtc wrote: »
    as per my previous post I saw this service advertised (at no charge) in Middle Abbey Street at the Spar - i was heading for lunch elsewhere. But appears to be fairly standard
    Cool, and fair play to Spar.
    That's how you grow a business during a recession.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Gurgle wrote: »
    Cool, and fair play to Spar.
    That's how you grow a business during a recession.

Sounds liek a way to try circumvent higher vat rates if there are different rates fon the food. Probably not strictly legal.

Sounds liek a way to try circumvent higher vat rates if there are different rates fon the food. Probably not strictly legal.
    They're not selling it as cooked though, they're selling it frozen and if you like they'll cook it for you. Sounds like its quite well thought out and on the right side of the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Gurgle wrote: »
    They're not selling it as cooked though, they're selling it frozen and if you like they'll cook it for you. Sounds like its quite well thought out and on the right side of the law.

Surely if it was that easy every restaurant would be doing it?

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Dont forget to factor in the tip for the staff!

Surely if it was that easy every restaurant would be doing it?
    Dunno, what's the story with cooked foods sold at the deli counter?
    Are they treated as restaurants or supermarkets?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭RoboRat

What would happen if they didn't cook it right and you got food poisoning?

Personally I think its actually a good idea to get customers but if they have a deli they could be cannibalising their deli profits by doing something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,578 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Neyite wrote: »
    Dont forget to factor in the tip for the staff!

I somehow doubt the staff were tipped!

On topic, that's pretty cool that seemingly any Spar would allow this....

I know some of them had a deal with Goodfella's to cook their pizza's instore (Phibsboro Spar) about 2 summers back but I think it stopped after the summer or was a sort of summer promotion....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 Sapphire Moonchild

RoboRat wrote: »
    Personally I think its actually a good idea to get customers but if they have a deli they could be cannibalising their deli profits by doing something like that.

People who buy a frozen pizza & ask for it to be cooked so they can eat in instore, are hardly the same types that would "splash out" on deli items. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Andromeda_111

I think the big issue here is that the OP eats frozen pizza.
    Messed up individual IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭quietriot

I think the big issue here is that the OP eats frozen pizza.
    Messed up individual IMO.
    You clearly haven't eaten ChicagoTown pizzas so, they're awesome.

I remember I used to hate customers who you'd do a favour for, well outside the expectancies of the job, and they'd come back believing they're entitled to it going forward. I've a feeling that if it weren't a manager he was speaking with in the first place, that the original poster would likely have asked for a manager if it had been a less "ranked" member of staff who told him he'd have to charge for the service. I think everyone who has worked in a customer facing job knows the type.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

Thread of the year so far imo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Enough has been said on this topic. Thread closed.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement