Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hair dryer??

• 04-02-2012 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for a hair dryer which will dry my hair quickly,powerful and it isnt known to just break easy!
    just for drying my quickly and it will end up some what straight!! (i have wavey sort of hair!)

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Love my remington hairdryer! They always last for years!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

Parlux

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

cgarrad wrote: »
    Parlux

Agree, nearly 10 years on and still going strong. You never see a hairdressers dryer break

Wouldn't touch those babyliss or cheap ones you can get th just look pretty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I have the Parlux 3500. I have thick hair below my shoulder and it dries my hair straight in 9 minutes. (Yes, I timed it once.) :)

If you want something to dry your hair quickly you need something with at least 2000 watts so check the spec before you buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭xaoifsx

where can i get a Parlux?

• Advertisement

If you're in Dublin Terrisales on Abbey St sell them.

Or if you're buying online I've seen them on hqhair.com and beautybay.com

tatabubbly wrote: »
    Love my remington hairdryer! They always last for years!

where did u get it?

If you're in Dublin Terrisales on Abbey St sell them.

Or if you're buying online I've seen them on hqhair.com and beautybay.com

okay thanks, and they are all around 60-70€?

xaoifsx wrote: »
    okay thanks, and they are all around 60-70€?

Probably depends on which one you go for. Mine was around €80 but that was over 4 years ago so I don't know if the price has changed since then.

hmm, okay thanks T.Whore. I might not invest in one of those yet.. I don't have that much money to spare!

Are all the argos hair driers not reliable? Even the Remington ones in there? I was looking at ..

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4434689/Trail/searchtext%3EHAIR+DRYIER.htm

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4436560/Trail/searchtext%3EHAIR+DRYIER.htm

I think the Pink one might be slightly better..but The other one has better life on it..

What about the phillips ones?? Good? Not good? judging by the manufacturer guarentee they have two years...where other brands have 3 or 5

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4437026/Trail/searchtext%3EHAIR+DRYIER.htm

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4437033/Trail/searchtext%3EHAIR+DRYIER.htm

Or tresemme? This one seems okay? I really don't know!
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4434407.htm
    Sorry, I've no clue what to do. I'm looking at specs and they are all the same nearly.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

I've got a Remmington dryer (2000 watts), had it about five years and it just keeps going and going. Used very frequently too.

Its very similar to the Pearl one in the link above, since I suppose they've changed models since then, but as a brand they seem very reliable and they're fast. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭MadamX

I have that TRESemme and find it quite good. The controls are not very well placed as it easy to touch off them, changing settings when you don't intend to but it's just something you'd have to get used to. The good thing I find about buying from Argos is that there's never any hassle with faulty products being replaced while they are within the warranty period, a new one is just provided, no messing about with waiting for repairs to be done. AC long life motor is essential in anything you decide to go for.

You could have a look for the Parlus on Amazon, might work out cheaper there.

MadamX wrote: »
    I have that TRESemme and find it quite good. The controls are not very well placed as it easy to touch off them, changing settings when you don't intend to but it's just something you'd have to get used to. The good thing I find about buying from Argos is that there's never any hassle with faulty products being replaced while they are within the warranty period, a new one is just provided, no messing about with waiting for repairs to be done. AC long life motor is essential in anything you decide to go for.

You could have a look for the Parlus on Amazon, might work out cheaper there.

Thanks MadamX,

Yes I would look into buying a Parlux maybe in the future, its just at the moment I need a hair dryer quick! I will be getting it tomorrow I think. Also in argos at the moment theres a 15% off discount which has wagered my decision to make a quick buy at argos! :)

Advertisement