Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plumbing, wiring etc. a part-built house

Options
  • 04-02-2012 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭

Hope this is the right forum for this :)

I am looking at purchasing a house which is basically just 4 walls and a roof.
    I was looking for what people's educated guess would be on how much it would cost to plumb, wire and put central heating into the house.
    The house is a 3 bed, 1 bath house, 1050sq ft with an extenion measuring 300sq ft.

Any info would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Marcanthony

use between 10-15k as a ball park sum for the run of the mill fit out.

Heating systems, Plumbing appliances and fancy electrical appliances. All range in different prices. So the bog standard fit out approx 10 - 15k.

Plans including scope and costs can be provided by the right people to give you a closer to the exact cost price.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

A relatively small sized house by modern Irish standards, especially if its a one off build. Would imagine the wiring costs will depend a lot on how many sockets you want to put in, any additional features you wish to add such as centralised vacum, etc as some houses tend to have these times.

Again plumbing costs may vary greatly depending on how may bathrooms, shower units you wish to put in and additional features.

I do think you would get a better and more informed response to your queries on the Prices/ Costs forum perhaps. Sorry I'm of no further assistance:)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,375 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Moved from Accommodation & Property.

OP, a lot will depend on (a) the standard of fittings you want and (b) how many lighting / power points you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Thanks for the responses so far.

I think 10-15k is about what I was thinking.

My partner is pretty handy and can put in sockets, lighting, radiators etc. himself once the wiring/plumbing has been done and ESB has been switched on, hopefully this might keep costs down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

do you need to plaster walls etc and put skirting architrave on?need doors?what about septic tank? do you have to put windows in?

Just wondering because I'm looking at renovating at the moment on a similar size place and waiting back on a price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

do you need to plaster walls etc and put skirting architrave on?need doors?what about septic tank? do you have to put windows in?

Just wondering because I'm looking at renovating at the moment on a similar size place and waiting back on a price.

It has windows & is mains water, ESB etc. but it will need to be plastered, doors etc.

I already have a house to live in while I do the asthetics on the house, my main priority is getting the water, electricity & heat sorted first.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Ms2011 wrote: »
    I am looking at purchasing a house which is basically just 4 walls and a roof.
    I was looking for what people's educated guess would be on how much it would cost to plumb, wire and put central heating into the house.
    The house is a 3 bed, 1 bath house, 1050sq ft with an extenion measuring 300sq ft.
    use between 10-15k as a ball park sum for the run of the mill fit out.Heating systems, Plumbing appliances and fancy electrical appliances. All range in different prices. So the bog standard fit out approx 10 - 15k.
    can you break down this figure ?? don't you feel some sort of responsibility as a project manager to inform the potential purchaser of the pros-cons and other extras/ potential issues with such as purchase? or even just use a caveat like 'maybe you should seek professional input from a building surveyor' to ascertain these costs ?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,048 ✭✭✭✭muffler

BryanF wrote: »
    can you break down this figure ?? don't you feel some sort of responsibility as a project manager to inform the potential purchaser of the pros-cons and other extras/ potential issues with such as purchase? or even just use a caveat like 'maybe you should seek professional input from a building surveyor' to ascertain these costs ?
    He wont be able to answer for a couple of weeks - see what's inserted below his user name

Advertisement