Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a tent

• 04-02-2012 10:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for a five man tent or larger. Enough to comfortably sleep 3 adults and 2 children. I saw this one on ebay but I'm suspicious / think it's probably not that great.

The plan is to do a bit of camping over the summer to get myself and the kids doing a bit more bushcraft and enjoying the outdoors a bit more but I want to do a few practice runs in the garden before the weather gets fine enough to venture away from home with the kids.

All suggestions welcome. Bargains especially welcome. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

unbranded stuff from ebay is usually the cheapest of what the People's Republic of China has to offer and can be hit and miss but mostly miss.

one thing it has going for it is light weight which can be good but if the car will be parked beside or very close to the tent you might as well go for a bit bigger one that has a sleeping area on either end and the door in the middle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Khyam or Vango would be my pick, I love the Khyam's and have a motordome tent myself for the vans. Any one of the rigidome series are great for the unpredictable Irish weather and very quick and easy to erect on your own. The Hatfield is awesome but they are close to 400e for one:eek:

I spent a few nights with the lads fishing last year and we used a Aldi tent. A bit of a challenge to get up and secure but once up it did the job and even kept the savage weather out. It was a bit cramped with 6 of us.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Another vote for Vango, good quality and decent price. Do your research online and get it cheaper from the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

Iv a gelert zenith 6, think they are around 350 but i seen them for less than 200 on line in a sale. Lots of room, 2 seperate sleaping areas with living area in the middle. Used in very bad weather kast year no problems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Thanks for the replies. I'll check them out and report back on what I actually go with. On first look those Khyam look reasonable enough.

• Advertisement
Advertisement