Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polski Sample

• 04-02-2012 11:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Nice beat on the first one, have not a notion what is being said though.

Thank god for google translate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

There's a polish lad from where i live who is supposedly a decent rapper, i know a few of the polish people around here actually listen to a few of his tunes, i'd probably give them a listen if the lad wasn't such a dick mouth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Aquila wrote: »
    What does he go by?

i think his name is cezary grzeszczuk, the first name might not be right but the surname is, I'm not sure what he goes by as a rapper though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

as far as rap outside america and the uk, id go as far as a small bit of french and some latino hip hop when combined with some english speaking rappers etc.

wouldn't be a fan of any of this tbh, can you understand this Aquila?

honestly don't know how someone could listen to this if they cant understand it.. the instrumentals are nothing great so without lyrics whats in it for the listener?

• Advertisement

Well personally I am not going to put it on my iPod as I can't understand it, but the beats are nice and I google translated the lyrics just to see what the rough vibe was.

But I mainly go for English rapping rappers for obvious reasons, some outside us, here and uk though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Aquila wrote: »
    as far as rap outside america and the uk, id go as far as a small bit of french and some latino hip hop when combined with some english speaking rappers etc.

wouldn't be a fan of any of this tbh, can you understand this Aquila?

honestly don't know how someone could listen to this if they cant understand it.. the instrumentals are nothing great so without lyrics whats in it for the listener?
    Oh i do understand why people would rather listen to English speaking atrists as they would have a greater understanding of the context and flow of the song

That's my point though unless you understand the lyrics how can you like it?

I know some people say music can break language barriers but the only musicians who really do that are commercially huge ones, where infact at least IMO the actual marketing/popularity of a musician on a global stage has more of an influence on people rather than their music.

I can understand someone jumping on the bandwagon of a commercial foreign language song that has a catchy beat but say some of the songs above that you posted where the instrumentals are weak and lyrics/concept behind the actual song we can't understand...

I'm just curios to see what a hip hop fan can honestly get out of this, seems a bit like going to a strip club with a blind fold on to me tbh.

If you want flow and context, would you not rather listen to hip hop you can understand so you can relate to it more?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 PartyNight

More with English Subtitles :)

I'm just curios to see what a hip hop fan can honestly get out of this, seems a bit like going to a strip club with a blind fold on to me tbh.

If you want flow and context, would you not rather listen to hip hop you can understand so you can relate to it more?

I do both? It is not a one or the other choice.

That said I would not actively seek out Polish Hip-Hop as I can not speak a word of Polish.

• Advertisement
Advertisement