Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

travel buddy to australia

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 seanc619619

emma1919 wrote: »
    Hey Sean, I'm heading to Sydney in Dec, also going by myself! I think i'm going to leave the fruit Hoping to set up base in Sydney for a while! When do you plan on going over?

Hey Emma, not too sure yet when im going over,have the Visa booked and all just havent booked flights yet, trying to convince 1 of my friends to come with me so waiting on that, but if ya wanna keep in touch or whatever and see how things pan out im all ears, Thanks for getting in touch
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 emma1919

Hey Emma, not too sure yet when im going over,have the Visa booked and all just havent booked flights yet, trying to convince 1 of my friends to come with me so waiting on that, but if ya wanna keep in touch or whatever and see how things pan out im all ears, Thanks for getting in touch
    :)
    Yea definitely, it'd be nice to know a few people over there who are in the same boat! I have my flights booked, land on the 29th of December but no visa sorted yet! There's an expo on in the Rds on Sat for working abroad so I'm gonna go there and see what the craic is! Hopefully your friend decides to take the plunge too, so much easier when you have someone to travel with!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 seanc619619

emma1919 wrote: »
    Yea definitely, it'd be nice to know a few people over there who are in the same boat! I have my flights booked, land on the 29th of December but no visa sorted yet! There's an expo on in the Rds on Sat for working abroad so I'm gonna go there and see what the craic is! Hopefully your friend decides to take the plunge too, so much easier when you have someone to travel with!

Ah right cool cool, just in time for New Years you'll be there for nice one :) ,them expo's are usually good, you should look into the Visa, pretty handy to have ,ya i must get onto my friend and see what the craic is like, but im going for sure 100% just need a date, throw us an ad on Twitter of Facebook if ya wanna keep in touch @seanc619619 and Sean Cresham, chat to ya :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 EmmaMul91

Hey everyone, heading over to Sydney in April have family there that I can stay with for a while (thank god :p) but I'd like to get out on my own asap to start meeting new people and find a place to live and work etc. Anyone else heading over around that time next year?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭bestleftfull3

EmmaMul91 wrote: »
    Hey everyone, heading over to Sydney in April have family there that I can stay with for a while (thank god :p) but I'd like to get out on my own asap to start meeting new people and find a place to live and work etc. Anyone else heading over around that time next year?? :)

Hey Emma,

I can give you some info about what I did, albeit travelling with my partner.

We left Ireland exactly a year ago and came straight for Melbourne , one of the best cities you will ever live in, absolutely love it and so much to do.

I would reccommend staying in a hostel or somewhere there will be people like you in a similiar situation, we have met people that have gone down this route and they have made friends for life.

I can't really comment on the regional work as were sponsored here but do give yourself 4/5 months to get your 88 days completed. Also the time of the year that you arrive might be a little quiet as it will be late autumn early winter.

When you do arrive don't just settle somewhere, explore the country, it has so much to offer.

I currently live in Melbourne but have visited: brisbane, Adelaide, Sydney, Gold Coast, Surfers paradise, as well as different places in victoria,: Great ocean road, sorrento, dandenongs etc.

Enjoy it, but the harder you work the more you can reward yourself by doing all these things and seeing these places.

If your in to sport, Melbourne is your place to be! It's quite amazing and I think my girlfriend is starting to realise why we decided to come here :cool:

Enjoy !!

PS: I'm heading home Saturday for a holiday and can't wait !!!!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Anyone going to West Cost Australia tour in the coming week or two and want a buddy? I have an irish friend there looking to meet folks and I said I'd ask. She's great fun, 10/10, would best friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 EmmaMul91

Hey Emma,

I can give you some info about what I did, albeit travelling with my partner.

We left Ireland exactly a year ago and came straight for Melbourne , one of the best cities you will ever live in, absolutely love it and so much to do.

I would reccommend staying in a hostel or somewhere there will be people like you in a similiar situation, we have met people that have gone down this route and they have made friends for life.

I can't really comment on the regional work as were sponsored here but do give yourself 4/5 months to get your 88 days completed. Also the time of the year that you arrive might be a little quiet as it will be late autumn early winter.

When you do arrive don't just settle somewhere, explore the country, it has so much to offer.

I currently live in Melbourne but have visited: brisbane, Adelaide, Sydney, Gold Coast, Surfers paradise, as well as different places in victoria,: Great ocean road, sorrento, dandenongs etc.

Enjoy it, but the harder you work the more you can reward yourself by doing all these things and seeing these places.

If your in to sport, Melbourne is your place to be! It's quite amazing and I think my girlfriend is starting to realise why we decided to come here :cool:

Enjoy !!

PS: I'm heading home Saturday for a holiday and can't wait !!!!:eek:

Hey there! Thanks for all the ino, super helpful :) booked my flights last night to Sydney, I'd be killed if I didn't visit them first :D will definitely head off on my own soon after arrival though!

Hope you enjoy/ed your time at home!!

Advertisement