Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

travel buddy to australia

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭tosh_2006

hi i'm going 17th of this month to perth anyone else going the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Natalie2012

Hello, My name is Natalie. I am 25 years of age and I am planning on going to Australia next year around the middle of the year on a Working Holiday Visa as there are no jobs here in Cork. I am seeking a travel buddy/friend to come with me. I am seeking a female preferably but may be open to male company once they dont get any ideas... I am looking for someone in the same situation as me to travel with.

Genuine Replies Only Please
    PM Please

• Registered Users Posts: 2 misz

Hiya, I am planning on going to Australia after X-mas on a Working Holiday Visa. I am seeking a fun easygoing travel buddy/friend to come with me. Preferably in same age group, mid to late twenties.

I hope to hear from you!

xox

• Registered Users Posts: 2 misz

• Registered Users Posts: 9 G88

Hi everyone, this thread has helped me greatly. Thanks to everyone. I'm just a little overwhelmed as to how much exactly I will need and what's the bet way to get work. I am a graduate but nothing that points to a specific job, have lots of customer service experience, so what would be good options? Is farm work easy to get? I worked in warehouse so that sort of labour would not be a problem at all.

I have around 2600- 2700 saved. Is this enough to go or would I need a lot more? Any help really appreciated. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 debs1

G88 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, this thread has helped me greatly. Thanks to everyone. I'm just a little overwhelmed as to how much exactly I will need and what's the bet way to get work. I am a graduate but nothing that points to a specific job, have lots of customer service experience, so what would be good options? Is farm work easy to get? I worked in warehouse so that sort of labour would not be a problem at all.

I have around 2600- 2700 saved. Is this enough to go or would I need a lot more? Any help really appreciated. Thanks!

Farming/ fruit picking should be easy to get depending on where you plan to come to first. Just be careful where you go to work as there are a lot of dodgy farmers around. If you look on harvest trail website there's usually jobs advertised.

You are supposed to have 5000 dollars to prove you have enough to do you for your travels. When you move in somewhere they will usually want a month deposit and a months rent in advance so that could be 2000 dollars already.

There are usually a lot of jobs which would require customer service skills so you should be ok to find work. Seek.com.au is the best online job search. You can also contact agencies directly.

Hope everything works out for you. I was a little overwhelmed when I first got here in August but have managed to do ok so far :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 jtmk3

Hi Guys,
    I'm travelling to Oz in March 2013, have my WHV sorted and flights. Heading to Perth first, hopefully to work for a few months and then do some travelling. I'm travelling on my own, so it would be great to hear from anyone who is travelling to Perth around the same time.
    Thanks to everyone on this thread giving some great advice, it is good to hear other people doing well and getting jobs out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Anyone heading later in 2013? I'm contract bound until August/September so would be interested in going around those times.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm off on the 3rd of Feb, to Brisbane. Will make my way down to Sydney, and then Melbourne towards the end of Feb. Hopefully get myself a job and an apartment there.

Hello, My name is Natalie. I am 26 years of age and I am planning on going to Australia this year in October on a Working Holiday Visa. I am seeking a travel buddy/friend to come with me. I am seeking a female preferably but may be open to male company once they dont get any ideas... I am not sure what part to go to yet but I will figure it out. I am looking for someone in the same situation as me to travel with.

Genuine Replies Only Please
    PM Please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 ShortieCake

Hi all,

I am a 24 year old female travelling to Sydney around mid Feb. I have already been to Australia on a years WHV but will be returning on a second WHV to settle in Sydney. Having done it the first time around I know how stressful it can be travelling and/or getting set up on my own so just wondering if anybody out there is in the same boat and would like a travel buddy? I can offer plenty of advise for first-timers also!

Cheers,
    Clare

Hi all,

I am a 24 year old female travelling to Sydney around mid Feb. I have already been to Australia on a years WHV but will be returning on a second WHV to settle in Sydney. Having done it the first time around I know how stressful it can be travelling and/or getting set up on my own so just wondering if anybody out there is in the same boat and would like a travel buddy? I can offer plenty of advise for first-timers also!

Cheers,
    Clare

Hi Clare,

Can you tell me more about Australia as I am not sure what part to go to and dont even know what to pack, what company to go with, where to stay, etc.

Thanks,
    Natalie

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

Hi Clare,

Can you tell me more about Australia as I am not sure what part to go to and dont even know what to pack, what company to go with, where to stay, etc.

Thanks,
    Natalie

yep same here ! any good tips for us first timers ? im goin in 3 weeks , to sydney , dunno what to bring really ha !!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Barnsleyfc

Flying out to Perth on the 21st of January.I'm Sean and 23 and I'm from Galway.

Barnsleyfc wrote: »
    Flying out to Perth on the 21st of January.I'm Sean and 23 and I'm from Galway.

Hi Sean,
    I'm also heading to Perth in March. How are your plans going? I travelling out on the WHV so hope to get some work in Perth for a few months. From what I hear there seems to be lots of work in Perth, but depends some find it harder than others. Do you intend to work in Perth, have you had any luck with jobs and accommodation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Hi girls, I'm male 23 and I'm heading to Perth on my own. I do have two friends in Perth who can help with setting me up over there, accomodation, job, etc. I'm planning on going in a month/ two months but have nothing booked yet.

I was just wondering how much you plan on bringing after flights and visas are paid for. I think I will only be able to get €2,000 and I'm just wondering if this is enough or are you guys bringing alot more?

Unless you get a job fast you may find that €2,000 gone very fast. I was over a few years back and found it tough to get work and its pretty expensive until you get working. Have you a place to crash with your mates rent free for the first for weeks?

jtmk3 wrote: »
    Hi Sean,
    I'm also heading to Perth in March. How are your plans going? I travelling out on the WHV so hope to get some work in Perth for a few months. From what I hear there seems to be lots of work in Perth, but depends some find it harder than others. Do you intend to work in Perth, have you had any luck with jobs and accommodation?
    Hi mate!I only booked my flights a few days ago so everything is a bit of a rush but I have the visa got so it's just sorting insurance and a few loose ends at home.My friend has 99% got me a job set up where he works.
    I'm thinking I'll stay in a hostel at first just to try to get to know people and the city.
    What are your own plans?I'm getting pretty excited now!

Hi mate!I only booked my flights a few days ago so everything is a bit of a rush but I have the visa got so it's just sorting insurance and a few loose ends at home.My friend has 99% got me a job set up where he works.
    I'm thinking I'll stay in a hostel at first just to try to get to know people and the city.
    What are your own plans?I'm getting pretty excited now!

Deadly that your almost certain you have a job sorted. It seems to be half the battle. Seriously cant get over how expensive things are out there. I agree with the other poster, I dont think 2,000 would go very far.
    I'm pretty much set to go, tickets, visa, flights, insurance and accommodation. I'm doing the same, staying in a hostel until I get set up. Leaving next week, doing Asia for a few weeks on the way to Oz, so can't wait to get going!
    When you arriving in Perth, will have to meet up for a pint.....

jtmk3 wrote: »
    Deadly that your almost certain you have a job sorted. It seems to be half the battle. Seriously cant get over how expensive things are out there. I agree with the other poster, I dont think 2,000 would go very far.
    I'm pretty much set to go, tickets, visa, flights, insurance and accommodation. I'm doing the same, staying in a hostel until I get set up. Leaving next week, doing Asia for a few weeks on the way to Oz, so can't wait to get going!
    When you arriving in Perth, will have to meet up for a pint.....
    I'm getting in to Perth next Tuesday,leaving Ireland on Monday,PM me when you get here and we'll try and meet up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kevinf19

Hi lads Ive been in Perth now for about 4 days..i traveled over by myself and unfortunately chose a hostel that have no other Irish living in it (mainly french, Asian and a few English) so give me a pm if ye wanna meet up for a pint..im staying around the corner from Northbridge so i'm walking distance to most of the nightlife.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

I posted in this topic a while back but I now have a definite date. I will be flying out to Perth on March 12th, arriving there the next day. My route is as follows;

Cork - London - Kuala Lumpur - Perth.

Cork to London is With Aer Lingus while the latter two flights are with Malaysia Airlines.

Heading over on my own ( a fact that my family are more worried about than I am! :pac: ) I know people over there and will be getting in touch with them soon in that regard.

If anyone is flying the same or similar route on the same date shoot me a PM.

Just a quick edit to acknowledge this forum for helping me get to this point - I'm more of a lurker here but I've found a lot of useful advice here from reading as much as I can ( like the fact I can pretty much sort out everything online. ) I guess you can say I owe my thanks

I'm getting in to Perth next Tuesday,leaving Ireland on Monday,PM me when you get here and we'll try and meet up!

Thats great, I'm leaving tomorrow so is all go go go! Ill let you know when I arrive in Perth and sure we will meet up for a pint.
    Enjoy your travels,
    All the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Irishstabber

Looking to fly out on the 30th June/Early July to Sydney/Melbourne. I am male, 23, and travelling alone. If anyone, male or female, is flying out around then I'm open for a travel buddy. Let me know through PM or on here!

Cheers!

Just booked my flight up to Airlie Beach for the 7th Feb. 10 days just to chill the **** out before going to Melbourne.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭QueenBee1

anyone heading to sydney around april/may time and travelling alone pm me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

What's people's travel plans? Thailand/ Singapore first?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭QueenBee1

Misticles wrote: »
    What's people's travel plans? Thailand/ Singapore first?
    Dubai?!

Anyone heading to Perth in May and travelling alone, pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 koppite

heading to Sydney in 2 wks if anybody is about?travelling up the east coast for 3 wks!PM me

• Advertisement

This time tomorrow i'll be on the plane...fook! :eek:

Advertisement