Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the best club for an 18th?

Options
  • 04-02-2012 11:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

in dublin, for group of girls aged 18-19, (not 21s or dandelion!!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

What about The Palace, or The Academy (Propaganda if a Sat night)? I dont be out in Dublin too often these days, but this is all I can think of right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I hear Wezz is massive for the 18ths

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 gerfishboy

Clearl wrote: »
    in dublin, for group of girls aged 18-19, (not 21s or dandelion!!)

Depends on what type of music you are into!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Will there be any under-18s? Most pubs won't allow 18ths because they tend to have a lot of 17 year old friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Clearl

nope seeing im the youngest! so ID is not a proble,...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

nope seeing im the youngest! so ID is not a proble,...

What kind of music?

There are well over 100 places you could finish up at till 2 or 3 am just in central dublin. So i think we would need to narrow it by your music tastes :-)

pop music..whatevers modern/in the charts :D..just not rocker type/rave etc!

I've been put off tripod because I've heard it's full of "junkies" but I wanted to go there originally..What's it like? in terms of the crowd etc? Thanks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Mr.S wrote: »
    Tripod / Lost Society / Button Factory / Twisted Pepper / Crawdaddy / Andrews Lane

I'd check out Lost Society on a Tuesday, Crawdaddy on a Thursday, Andrews lane on a Friday or Saturday.
    The Twisted Pepper is the best club in Dublin by a country mile, and Crawdaddy's decent as well, but the OP's looking for a commercial club and both of them are geared towards electronic music.
    I've been put off tripod because I've heard it's full of "junkies" but I wanted to go there originally..What's it like? in terms of the crowd etc? Thanks biggrin.gif
    Who in the name of God told you that? I've been there plenty of times in the past and there was certainly no sign of any heroin addicts. Tripod is a dance club, or used to be anyway - been ages since I was there - but leaning more towards the commercial side of things. Here's the full listings.

Maybe there should be a main thread where people detail the various clubs in Dublin to suit different tastes and age groups. Any time I browse the forum there are about 3 new threads with someone asking "where;s a good club in Dublin?" which is tantamount to inquiring "where's a place I can get nice food?"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Isn't Alchemy on Mondays huge for this age bracket?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Alchemys huge but pretty crap.

Tripod / Academy / Palace / Kitchen / Break for the border / Dandelion
    Also Diceys if you want to count that as a club
    are all decent

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Dandelion is 20s/21's- one of them. BFTB is crap.

I'd recommend Alchemy as a mainstream club which has no problem with 18 year olds. The Palace either, can't remember if it has a further age restriction.

Pretty sure Dandelion's 18s on wednesdays, Palace is normally 19s.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

AdamD wrote: »
    Palace is normally 19s.

19's Thursday and 20's on Friday and Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 oasisfan

What night of the week is this for ?

for a saturday..want somewhere that youre guaranteed a good night not somewhere where it could be hit or miss ya know! good crowd/atmosphere etc. thanks :D

for a saturday..want somewhere that youre guaranteed a good night not somewhere where it could be hit or miss ya know! good crowd/atmosphere etc. thanks :D

Propaganda (in the academy) is good for 18 year olds on saturdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

I've been put off tripod because I've heard it's full of "junkies" but I wanted to go there originally..What's it like? in terms of the crowd etc? Thanks :D

hahahahahah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

Palace

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

AdamD wrote: »
    Propaganda (in the academy) is good for 18 year olds on saturdays.

+1
    AG2R wrote: »
    Palace

20's on a Friday and Saturday.

• Advertisement
Advertisement