Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

veggie sausages

Options
  • 05-02-2012 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am only after realising teh amount of calories in veggie sausages

Quorn sausages 70 Kcal each
    Linda McCarthney 110Kcal each

never thought they would be this high

Comments

A woman needs 2000 calories a day on average.
    Not a fan of quorn, but 110 Kcals a portion is actually a low calorie count. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I actually don't think that's bad, I'd only be eating about 2 of those.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Try eating these little delicious ones! Bought two packets yesterday in nourish. There are three types in a pcket, pork, Lincolnshire, and hotdog. (Ten times nicer than any other veggie sausages AMAZING)

54ttL.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

Thats not much. There are approx 55 cals in an apple so 70 and 110 are hardly off the scale are they! If you have 2 of those and some veg then thats not many calories in a whole meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭darconio

Try eating these little delicious ones! Bought two packets yesterday in nourish. There are three types in a pcket, pork, Lincolnshire, and hotdog. (Ten times nicer than any other veggie sausages AMAZING)

54ttL.jpg

Now I know why they are always out of stock :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

haha, i only got 2 because they are always out of stock!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭spiralbound

molly09 wrote: »
    Hi

I am only after realising teh amount of calories in veggie sausages

Quorn sausages 70 Kcal each
    Linda McCarthney 110Kcal each

never thought they would be this high

How many calories did you think would be in a sausage? Just for comparison:

Linda McCartney sausages are 202 Kcal per 100g
    Denny gold medal sausages are 292 Kcal per 100g

http://www.lindamccartneyfoods.co.uk/sausages.php
    http://www.denny.ie/Our-Food/Nutrition.aspx?product=/Products/Sausage/Denny-Gold-Medal&cat=Sausage

Actually, I just noticed there is a lot more protein in the Linda Macs than in the Denny's.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Mr Teeny

54ttL.jpg

Never seen these before, they look yum. They have a store in Omni so must drop in and see if they have any in, thanks for the tip :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

54ttL.jpg

Want! Their Lincolnshire Sausages are lovely. I'd really like to try their hot dogs. The Quay Co-Op in Cork seems to run out of stock of them a lot though. :(

I've been substituting Fry's Vegetarian Vegan Sausages and I've been quite happy with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I'm not usually into veggie sausages at all but those little mini ones up there are amazing, even raw from the pack they are lovely :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭perfectisthe

--LOS-- wrote: »
    I'm not usually into veggie sausages at all but those little mini ones up there are amazing, even raw from the pack they are lovely :)

I think they're even nicer raw! Especially the hot-dog type one.

Also, LMC sausages are 101 calories per sausage, not 110. Pretty low if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Fry's sausages are 58 calories each :)

They could be ten times that though and I'd still eat them - gorgeous! :D

Nyum Nyum wrote: »

The Braai flavour ones are 68 calories each and 16.5% protein! :D

What more could you want? Even my committed meat eating wife was very impressed with them.

nesf wrote: »

The Braai flavour ones are 68 calories each and 16.5% protein! :D

What more could you want? Even my committed meat eating wife was very impressed with them.

What kind of flavour is Braai? Or do you have to just try them yourself?

What kind of flavour is Braai? Or do you have to just try them yourself?

I've a cold at the moment so can't really tell! My wife didn't find them objectionable though and thought they were a good sausage tasting analogue which tells me they aren't too weird.

I think it's meant to be a kind of smoked flavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

Yeah they're a smoky kinda flavour but not strong, just nice, they're delicious well worth trying:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

nesf wrote: »
    I think it's meant to be a kind of smoked flavour.

It's a kinda south African BBQ I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

where can you buy these sausages?

Thanks

M

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jay phelan

Not a big massive fan of the Quorn sausages. I've never tried any other veggie ones so I'll have look around and see.

I wouldn't bother about calories TBH, they are 10x healthier than real meat sausages.

molly09 wrote: »
    where can you buy these sausages?

Thanks

M

Health food stores usually. Quay Co-Op in Cork for instance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

Thanks I must look tomorrow,

I tried the Braai sausages yesterday. I must admit, when they were cooking I didn't think I'd like them because they smelt a bit weird (to me anyway) but I stopped being a coward and actually tasted them and they were lovely!! :D

Similar to Fry's regular sausages but they have a smokey, herby, cantquitedescribey taste to them. I'd have them again definitely :)

Advertisement