Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

whats the most embarassing fright you ever got

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Any excuse to post this clip.

Goddamn you!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Diamond_Ninja

My friend was chucked out of a Bressie gig last year for sleeping in the corner, she had a little too much to drink so I put her there to sleep it off and thought she would be grand :P She got such a fright when they woke her I could hear her scream over him singing! She's still embarassed about that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭whitewave

had a stand-off with my own shadow before cos i thought it was a rat...thought i saw it coming towards me so stood still for a bit...so did the rat...then backed away slowly...and it stalked closer just at exactly the same speed as me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Not the winter just gone, but the winter before (the really cold one), I went out early on a cold, dark morning to turn on the car to defrost it. It was frosty and deathly quiet in the housing estate. I was half asleep too.

Just as I was getting to the car, I hear a loud WOOF WOOF WOOF. I have no fear of dogs at all, but for some reason, it frightened the bejaysus out of me, and I screamed at the very top of my voice. It was a massive AAAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHH!!! Really really loud.

With that, I opened the car door and jumped in for protection. All of this was in the space of a couple of seconds.

When I looked out the window, I was greeted by a little fella like this, and looking over the wall to the neighbours, I saw the dogs owner, bent over laughing. You know that look when someone is in pain laughing.

Embarassing just skims the surface of what I was feeling. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

A few years back, myself and the hubby were at the cinema watching Harry Potter. It was the one where Harry and Dumbledore are in the boat and all the dead bodies rise up out of the water to attack them. Now having read the book, I knew this bit was coming and whispered to my husband to warn him. But when the first dead body rose out of the water, the guy on the other side of me let out a massive scream, It was so loud, it scared the crap out of me, and I let out a belter of a scream and spilled my water all over myself. Cue the whole cinema turning to look at the wuss. :o

Another time, I was at a play and the final scene entailed a gun going off. It was so loud and took me so much by surprise, I actually burst out crying!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭ImpossibleDuck

Not me but my dad:

Driving out a country road at night when suddenly he hears a voice behind him: "Pull the car over to the side of the road and get out". Assuming the man was armed he slammed on the breaks and legged it. Not hearing the car drive away however, he turned and looked back. The car was still sitting there taking over. He stood there, in the middle of nowhere, staring at his Ford Capri. After about 5 minutes he nervously began approaching the car. He looked in the window and couldn't see anyone. After a couple of minutes he opened the door and looked in the back seat. No one. So he got back into the car again before again hearing "Pull the car over to the side of the road and get out". He looked in the back seat and there lay a overturned toy police car. He pressed the button on top and sure enough it said "Pull the car over to the side of the road and get out".

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭IcedOut

One time back in secondary school we had a new teacher, I sat down and turned to my friend and said '' Awww shes some ride''. I then noticed the class went very quiet and i turned around to see the teacher right behind me. I went scarlet :P.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I was in a Uni lecture three years back. My phone was on silent and started to go off. It was a boring lecture so I was in a daydream. I heard the buzzing and for whatever reason, I thought it was a wasp buzzing round my head. Started waving my arms madly around my head and nearly smacked the girl sitting beside me. I'm sure I looked crazy cause my eyes were wide open in shock and fear as well :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

When I was moving into student accomodation for my first year of college I arrived and the five other apartments weren't occupied yet and no one was in the apartment. Later when I was in my room I heard noise in the hallway, I opened the door and and looked left down the hallway, but when I turned around one of my new roommates was standing there. My greeting was literally a full pitched scream right in their face. I don't know why I was so shocked!

• Advertisement
Advertisement