Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you have to pay to get PAYG handsets unlocked?

Options
  • 05-02-2012 1:00am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭

The phone I'm using was bought in a Meteor store, but on a prepay deal. I can't remember exactly but I think it was one where you buy the handset and get some free credit or something.

Do I have to pay to get this unlocked?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

They will give you the code if you have spent €130 on credit. If not you can get it unlocked elsewhere depending on what phone it is

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

Davy wrote: »
    They will give you the code if you have spent €130 on credit. If not you can get it unlocked elsewhere depending on what phone it is
    I presume "elsewhere" will charge? Not sure if 130 has been spent on credit, probably not with the sim that came with the phone (had various other meteor sims in it since).

I wouldn't mind paying to get it unlocked however it is an old battered phone that I only need to use temporarily.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I presume "elsewhere" will charge? Not sure if 130 has been spent on credit, probably not with the sim that came with the phone (had various other meteor sims in it since).

I wouldn't mind paying to get it unlocked however it is an old battered phone that I only need to use temporarily.

Well what phone is it?

Ring meteor and ask for the code

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

Sony Ericsson W395

Advertisement