Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Foundation?

• 05-02-2012 1:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hey, I use the Maybelline Mousse Dream Foundation thingy, and I feel that it really doesn't give decent cover :(
    Time to move on. Decided to try out a liquidy foundation :) Any recommendations? Thanks in advance guys! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

I have two that I would recommend.. Top would be YSL Teint Resist.. It's very good.. Expensive but it will last you about four or five months.... Lasts all day, and doesn't even feel like youre wearing anything.

Also theres Estee Lauder double wear.. Its very good, but its very heavy, wipes won't even take it off and I found even the.lighter shades are too dark! Id only use that when I get older!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭galwaymusic

I have two that I would recommend.. Top would be YSL Teint Resist.. It's very good.. Expensive but it will last you about four or five months.... Lasts all day, and doesn't even feel like youre wearing anything.
    !
    This one sounds great! I couldn't have one that is difficult to take off, so I will eliminate the other one lol :D thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Bourjois Healthy Mix is lovely, Armani Silk is gorgeous and for coverage, Mac are always good!

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭mysteries1984

Also theres Estee Lauder double wear.. Its very good, but its very heavy, wipes won't even take it off and I found even the.lighter shades are too dark! Id only use that when I get older!

I used to use this, and never had a problem taking it off.

At the moment I'm using Laura Mercier Silk Creme, and I love it. Easy to build up and blend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

MAC for coverage, you just don't get the higher pigmentation in drug store make up.
    But a lot of boutique make up for "ladies" can often be quite light, they seem to go for a opaque tan colour these companies do for some strange reason.

Bobbi brown is good, lighter than MAC

MAC is great for freckles but you have to get the NC not the NW I think for the palest colour.

I'm currently looking for a pale foundation/ green tint to offset red dry blotchy face (mm sexy) any reconmendations?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

So true, except it might look more cakey if you were older!

I don't understand how so many like this. I used it for one day, and it was so heavy it looked and felt like a mask. Only try this if you want no trace of your actual skin visible :). It was awful to get off too.

Healthy Mix is light and you don't feel it on, but covers well if thats what you want. Colorstay is good too, but feels heavier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

I love Barbra Daly at Tesco, not too expensive and great cover. Moisture foundation is the one that suits my skin, and there's also an oil-free one. I like the colours too, finally found one pale enough for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

Teint Resist is lovely. It smells nice too! I do love the Estee Lauder pore refiner though.. Idealist... If you put it underneath your moisturizer it eliminates the need for primer!

So many agh!!! This is so helpful thanks! (keep it coming lol) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭mysteries1984

Giselle wrote: »
    I don't understand how so many like this. I used it for one day, and it was so heavy it looked and felt like a mask. Only try this if you want no trace of your actual skin visible :). It was awful to get off too

There's Double Wear, and Double Wear Light. OP, it was the Light one I used, I should have specified.

Anyway, end of the day some stuff will work for some people and not for others...lots of people rave about MAC foundations, but I've never found them to be much good for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

I haven't been in love with any particular foundation the last few months but I bought Vichy Dermablend stick foundation yesterday and it's amazing.

It works about 5x better than Benefit's Boiing concealer at covering dark circles, acne and red marks left after spots. You only need the tiniest bit and I plan on using it as a concealer as there's no way I would use this all over as a foundation because I only have a few bits I want to cover and it's pretty hardcore. If you feel you want better coverage maybe you could try it with your current foundation if it's only a few things you need coverage for. It looks really good with a lighter foundation over it and I'm much happier with using a better concealer than covering my face in a blanket of something like double wear which was something I was going to try next.

10/10

You can see how amazing it is in this Lisa Eldridge video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jwngbzv0gbY

Victoria. wrote: »
    I haven't been in love with any particular foundation the last few months but I bought Vichy Dermablend stick foundation yesterday and it's amazing.

It works about 5x better than Benefit's Boiing concealer at covering dark circles, acne and red marks left after spots. You only need the tiniest bit and I plan on using it as a concealer as there's no way I would use this all over as a foundation because I only have a few bits I want to cover and it's pretty hardcore. If you feel you want better coverage maybe you could try it with your current foundation if it's only a few things you need coverage for. It looks really good with a lighter foundation over it and I'm much happier with using a better concealer than covering my face in a blanket of something like double wear which was something I was going to try next.

10/10

You can see how amazing it is in this Lisa Eldridge video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jwngbzv0gbY

Thanks for such precise detail! And thanks a mill for link to vid. Sometimes videos are the best help when it comes to makeup, as you can actually see how easily they work/spread etc. :)

Thanks for such precise detail! And thanks a mill for link to vid. Sometimes videos are the best help when it comes to makeup, as you can actually see how easily they work/spread etc. :)

No prob! That video convinced me to give it a go

I'm convinced from playing with it last night and today that it's the holy grail of concealers :D

It was 20 euro and I got it in a McCabes pharmacy but I'd say it would be easy enough to get in anywhere that sells Vichy.

Victoria. wrote: »

I'm convinced from playing with it last night and today that it's the holy grail of concealers :D

It was 20 euro and I got it in a McCabes pharmacy but I'd say it would be easy enough to get in anywhere that sells Vichy.

But can you use it as a foundation? Would it be suitable as a concealer/foundation in one? Lol :)

But can you use it as a foundation? Would it be suitable as a concealer/foundation in one? Lol :)

Honestly I would not put it all over your face it would be extremely full coverage and it would definitely look like you're wearing a LOT of makeup. People use it cover rosacea and stuff so all your natural colour like on your cheeks would be completely gone so it might make you look dead. What I've tried it as today is a concealer where I need it and it is honestly the best foundation/concealer product I have ever tried and then used a lighter foundation over everything and it looks amazing, I'd go with that approach personally :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I use three Bobbi Brown foundations, all of which I love, but the luminous moisturising and skin foundations are my two faves.

The skin foundation and natural finish foundation are very light though, they doesn't look like your wearing anything. With these two though, they cling to any spots/bumps/dry flaky skin/facial hair (I've a few small hairs above my top lip, which I refuse to get waxed and these two foundations, really highlight them) so I avoid putting foundation around those areas.

The luminous moisturising foundation doesn't cling to anything, it's a wee bit heavier, but not much heavier although it can be built up.

The natural finish foundation dries very quickly though, the other two, not as quick.

The skin foundation spreads easily and gives a nice polished look, same with the luminous foundation.

I've tried the Estee Lauder double wear and wouldn't wear it again if you paid me. It was awful, heavy, cakey and chalky. I looked like I had a mask on when I wore it.

The Estee Lauder double wear light isn't much lighter than the normal double wear in my opinion, it's still heavy, cakey, chalky, mask like. It's quite chalky, at least I found it very chalky.

Advertisement