Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best network for an iPhone

Options
  • 05-02-2012 2:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

My contract with Meteor is up in April. When it ends I want to get an Iphone. Which network is best overall and which is best when it comes to comes to internet? I have a Nokia N8 at the moment and I find to internet on it very poor

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 saladin

Kensworld wrote: »
    My contract with Meteor is up in April. When it ends I want to get an Iphone. Which network is best overall and which is best when it comes to comes to internet? I have a Nokia N8 at the moment and I find to internet on it very poor

I wud say 3. I was with 3 with for 3 years and they had the best phones good data plans then I went to 02 cos they were first to get the iPhone 3GS . Found them to be a rip-off for roaming normal usage and extremely stingy with data and no tethering. As soon as 3 got the iPhone 4 I went back to them. I even paid out remainder or my contract with 02 cos I was that pissed off with the rip off service well also had my iPhone nicked while on holiday so I needed a replacement and was sure as hell not going into another 02 contract. I'm thinking vodafone are similarly rip off prices. I've u hav an iPhone u want data and lots of it not 1 or 2gb. I mean I tether my laptop and iPad too it and it's free try that with the other networks plus the 3 networks abroad are included as non roaming. Coverage may be the only concern for u Vidafobe and O2 are for the country 3 is find if ur in any town above 3000 population as in not the sticks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Don't go with Three because there is no end of complaints about iphones on Three. If you have and Android smartphone then Three works quite well and is cost-effective but iPhones don't do the national roaming to VF very well.

Having said that, the OH has an iPhone on Three but doesn't use it much for data use and she has no issues with it. Both of us have saved a fortune on Three.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

Kensworld wrote: »

The best value for mobile data is 3 as they offer unlimited mobile data with most packages.

3 also have some of the highest subsidies for bill pay phones.

Your best bet might be to get a 3 sim card for free from their website and see if the coverage meets your expectations before you switch.

Advertisement