Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who's trying to blow up Tullamore ?

• 05-02-2012 3:02am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭

From thejournal.ie

THE ARMY BOMB Disposal Team has made safe an improvised explosive device (IED) found in Tullamore, Co Offaly today.
    The team was called to the scene this afternoon by the gardaí after a suspicious device was discovered at an industrial unit in Tullamore.
    The team arrived on the scene shortly after 1pm and rendered the device safe there without carrying out a controlled explosion.
    The scene was declared safe at 1.45pm and the device was removed to a secure military location for further investigation. The Defence Forces say that all items will be handed over to gardaí to assist them in their investigation of the incident.
    The team has been called out 21 times so far this year.

On a serious note - Great that no one was hurt.

On an After Hours note - Whoever it was left it about four years too late. The place should have been blown to bits before Biffo became Taoiseach. ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Lapin wrote: »
    From thejournal.ie

THE ARMY BOMB Disposal Team has made safe an improvised explosive device (IED) found in Tullamore, Co Offaly today.
    The team was called to the scene this afternoon by the gardaí after a suspicious device was discovered at an industrial unit in Tullamore.
    The team arrived on the scene shortly after 1pm and rendered the device safe there without carrying out a controlled explosion.
    The scene was declared safe at 1.45pm and the device was removed to a secure military location for further investigation. The Defence Forces say that all items will be handed over to gardaí to assist them in their investigation of the incident.
    The team has been called out 21 times so far this year.

On a serious note - Great that no one was hurt.

On an After Hours note - Whoever it was left it about four years too late. The place should have been blown to bits before Biffo became Taoiseach. ;)

Biffo is a Clara man though, I think he did practice Law in Tullamore,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Biffo is a Clara man though, I think he did practice Law in Tullamore,

Clara, Tullamore, Birr, Bray, Blanchardstown, Bangladesh.....

Its all the same place to me.

Everything east of the Shannon is just one big blur really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

You should really get out more. Travel does wonders for the mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Those places are all West of you. Really far West.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I reckon it's the Tullamore Jew.

• Advertisement

Travel does wonders for the mind.

So does LSD but I wouldn't give it to the kids.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

21 times so far this year? Thats nearly every second day! Either someone's trying to offload a pile of semtex, or they're trying to figure out the tactics and standard operating procedures of the Army Bomb Disposal Unit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

newmug wrote: »
    21 times so far this year? Thats nearly every second day! Either someone's trying to offload a pile of semtex, or they're trying to figure out the tactics and standard operating procedures of the Army Bomb Disposal Unit.
    Dunno, not all of those incidences are going to be genuine callouts. I remember they blew up some poor fellas bag of cans on Abbey St years ago. There was foam everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭christ on a bike!

lol Who isn't rofl!

The best thing that ever happened to Tullamore was the bypass!

• Advertisement

The best thing that ever happened to Tullamore was the bypass!

While I agree, I must also point out that it take some balls for someone from Athlone to make such a comment. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

The best thing that ever happened to Athlone was that naggin of vodka I necked at the bus-stop.

While I agree, I must also point out that it take some balls for someone from Athlone to make such a comment. :)
    The Athlone bypass is quite good as well, when they've finished with the coneage! :mad:

The Athlone bypass is quite good as well, when they've finished with the coneage! :mad:

Dolanbaker - I have no reason to doubt what you say.

But I genuinely have no idea whatsoever what in the living hell you are on about.

Do You ?

Dolanbaker - I have no reason to doubt what you say.

But I genuinely have no idea whatsoever what in the living hell you are on about.

Do You ?
    coneage= lots of roadworks.
    Anyway, drifted way OT at this stage.. ;)

coneage= lots of roadworks.
    Anyway, drifted way OT at this stage.. ;)

Always happens when Athlone gets a mention.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭merengueca

If I could thank that 100 times I would :D:D

merengueca wrote: »
    If I could thank that 100 times I would :D:D

Don't let me stop you !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭Chiparus

IED?? I hate that term.

its a BOMB!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

You cant say "BOMB" though..any americans within earshot will get histerical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

"Who's trying to blow up Tullamore?"

Probably a splinter group of the 'Put a Roof on Tullamore Alliance'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭pale rider

Back to the original post for a second, where was that device located, I'm curious, I havn't seen that part reported anywhere... anybody know ..?

Advertisement