Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

blood relatives confusion

• 05-02-2012 4:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

been reflecting upon this for quite a while now so decided to post it and see if its as puzzling to my fellow boardsies as it is to me!?
    we all know what our family is, our blood relations are etc but what is a blood relative? if there are only 4 blood types (as far as i know) does this mean everybody in each blood type is blood related? i find this very confusing- im sure its an easy answer but i dont understand. our family are blood related to us yet we could be different blood types so how is our relationship proved? how can it be proved that somebody is my sister by blood if we are different blood types?
    thanks for your help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

The term 'blood relative' is an antiquated term. Blood types used to be used in some cases to provide some proof of things such as paternity, but it is by no means an accurate measure of relationship.

DNA testing is more commonly used to determine genetic relationship nowadays, to a much higher level of accuracy and labs operate this service typically for a fee of a few hundred Euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement