Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why do you hate anime?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

This is an interesting thread all right but it is far too opinionated.

What do you mean 'too opinionated'? My opinion is too much, you mean? Maybe I'm treading a thin line here but I don't really hate anime. I'm not here to troll.

TV, especially premium TV like HBO, is all about artistic expression. There's plenty of art in The Wire and Sopranos. It's not all gratuitous sex and violence. And books are on another plane altogether. Whatever about anime being better than TV I definitely don't believe that manga is better than literature. That for me is the zenith of artistic expression.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

Mindkiller wrote: »

TV, especially premium TV like HBO, is all about artistic expression. There's plenty of art in The Wire and Sopranos. It's not all gratuitous sex and violence. And books are on another plane altogether. Whatever about anime being better than TV I definitely don't believe that manga is better than literature. That for me is the zenith of artistic expression.

Sorry, I didn't mean to come across as "this is better what not", I don't want to sound arrogant and everyone has the right to express opinion so maybe 'opinionated' was the wrong word to use. It wasn't my intentions. The point to my post was it is simiply each to their own. When you have threads like this people tend to get hot headed (not saying you were) it is just the topic and people can feel very strong about these things. I understand they are alot of rubbish in anime/manga but really it is the same with everything and I am not saying it is perfect I just feel strong about it like you do with TV so apologies if I went up the wrong brush. Again each to their own.

That is very true what you said about TV and film can be artistic expression. I feel anything can be if the person feels very strong about it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Because when I love an animal it ends all too fast and I miss the characters :(

edit: uh I meant anime >_>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

Nah that's fine. Good to have a balanced discussion. No need to apologise :)

One I've always meant to check out is Planetes. Looks 2001-ish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

frogcheese wrote: »
    it sucks.... just make a real animation or a movie...
    What is real animation? ...and Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke and My Neighbor Totoro are considered by many to be some of the greatest movies of all time.

Bizarre statement. Another opinion from somebody who doesn't even have a clue about what they're criticizing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

Mindkiller wrote: »
    And books are on another plane altogether..

That is my point. ;)
    Nah that's fine. Good to have a balanced discussion. No need to apologise

No problem. I do enjoy debating.

Ok what do I hate about anime....
    Lots of lolicon at late...appearently.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Rendeva

I'm going to say the idiotic fanboys/girls. They make the rest of us look bad, as do overly fanservicey shows, and long running, filler packed shows like Naruto and Bleach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭runswithascript

I think if you took the sex and violence out of the mainstream anime it would not be much different to Pokemon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Thomas-G

dusf wrote: »
    I think if you took the sex and violence out of the mainstream anime it would not be much different to Pokemon.

serial_experiments_lain_desktop_1280x800_wallpaper-425601.jpg

DIDN'T WORK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,989 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

^ I loved Serial Experiments Lain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

I like anime but it is a bit overrated in certain aspects. Plus, there are too many teenage protagonists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭GarH

I hate anime because I can never watch just one episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,309 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

GarH wrote: »
    I hate anime because I can never watch just one episode.
    And the 2nd one is always "to be continued"... :(

Advertisement