Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eGo-W

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

newmark wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can buy tank replacements on their own for the ego-w in Ireland? I already have the plastic pen part and tip.
    I started using the ego-w last week instead of the ego-t and find them good in that I don't get any leaks or any problems filling them but I'm finding that I'm not getting as much of a throat hit and vapour as the ego-t. I also find that I really have to drag for a long time to get anyway decent hit off them. If I find a supplier for replacement tank I'm going to try with new tank in case the one I have is faulty.

Anyone else with an opinion on the difference from throat hit and vapour between these and type b ego-t tanks?

I'd imagine you'll have to buy the tank/pen clip and tip together from e-cigireland. I quiote like the throat hit actually and I like the warm vapour too.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

I bought the tank/ pen-clip and tip off of e-cigshop last week and when I collected my order the guy told me he would be getting in the tanks in separate so they will be cheaper with no need to purchase the pen-clip and tip every time. So I looked around the various websites listed on boards but couldn't see anyone else supplying them so I was just wandering if there were any other suppliers who might have them currently in stock.

If you were to put the ego-t and the ego-w head to head for throat hit and vapour what would you think works best? I'm just trying to work out if the tank I got with my ego-w was faulty as I really would like the ego-w to work with a good throat hit and vapour as it doesn't seem to leak and I'm fed up with the leaking in the ego-t but the ego-t is giving me a much better throat hit

Tried to use a bit of wick from my defunct W in my eGo-C.

Stinking!!!! I thought I did a nice job on it but the stink of burning is unbelievable. Is the W wick different to the C wick in terms of what its made of?

They got in the separate atomisers for the ego-w in the e-cigshop today so I have ordered 2 to collect this afternoon. Hopefully the first one I got was faulty and these work better as I really would like to use a leak free tank system...Here's hoping!!!...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

€4.95 is a pretty good price if you already have the other bits.

• Advertisement

stevenmu wrote: »
    €4.95 is a pretty good price if you already have the other bits.

Yeah, it is actually. I've just ordered one because I think I messed up my last one on the first fill. I'll be more careful this time and see how it goes.
    Hopefully get my CE4's tomorrow as well and it will be interesting to compare.

Screwed around with the wick from the W in my C a bit more and it aint soooo bad. I cut it back a bit. Theres still a bit of a burnt taste but it could be from the first disastrous attempt. Place was like starting a 1970's bus in a toilet cubicle - I could hardly see :D. Gonna soak it in alcohol and try it again later.

Edit: Just tried it after a soak. It's working brilliantly!! Loads of flavour and vapour. That will be a great way to avoid buying more C's because the coils are still great, the wicks were the problem.

Interesting, if I can't salvage my W, I might try and pull a wick from it for the imist.

Interesting, if I can't salvage my W, I might try and pull a wick from it for the imist.

It's very robust compared to the wick that was in the C. Really strong and easy to mess with. I was actully worried that it might be too thick to wick properly but it seems to be good.

Theres a load of it in the W..........

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

Edit: Just tried it after a soak. It's working brilliantly!! Loads of flavour and vapour. That will be a great way to avoid buying more C's because the coils are still great, the wicks were the problem.[/QUOTE]

Must try that. I've rewicked several C atties (or rather the one atty several times) with varying results. I discovered that the best way to trim the wick to the right length was with a small nail clippers. Still, the flavour is a bit off although vapour and throat hit are way better than with a new atty. I'll keep at it in search of perfection (I have 5 metres of wick) or until somebody puts a video up on Utube on how to do it perfectly.

• Advertisement

viks75 wrote: »
    Hi Lads.. Havent been here for a while...
    When I used it first it had a very very airy draw, no resistance at all, but then this evening it suddenly had a lot of resistance and noticeably better vapor. (I'm guessing this might be to do with the positioning of the metal sleeve over the tank but don't want to go experimenting because I like it the way it is)

You got it right.. :) If you don't put the metal cover of the carto down to the bottom (until it snaps in) you will get excessive airflow with you vapour.

I have been reading that the eGo-C's are leaking a lot. Was considering to buy some just to test, but if they are leaking then maybe it is not worth to waste my money and stick with eGo-W's.

I had leaks at one stage with the C alright but the atty head seemed to be causing it. The other 4 heads did not leak at all though.

The eGo C is not a bad kit at all but its a bit expensive and does require a bit of fiddling with wicks. That being said, only takes a second to get access to the wick.

I got the EGO-C from e-cigshop yesterday and so far it is brilliant, has lovely vapour, flavour, throat hit and I'm nearly scared to say it loud but I've had no leaking problem with it, touch wood... They came with the rubber caps too which seem to work well.

I've been vaping 15 days and so far have tried ego-c, ego-w, ego-t, smokeymisers and dccs and for me the ego-c is the best. Ive already ordered another ego-c with the 5 attys so that I'll have enough for a while in case they are sold out.

newmark wrote: »
    I got the EGO-C from e-cigshop yesterday and so far it is brilliant, has lovely vapour, flavour, throat hit and I'm nearly scared to say it loud but I've had no leaking problem with it, touch wood... They came with the rubber caps too which seem to work well.

I've been vaping 15 days and so far have tried ego-c, ego-w, ego-t, smokeymisers and dccs and for me the ego-c is the best. Ive already ordered another ego-c with the 5 attys so that I'll have enough for a while in case they are sold out.

Yeah, you know what? I've tried out a load of stuff since I got my eGo-C (DCC's, Kangers, eGo-W, CE4's) and I always end up coming back to it. I rewicked one during the week with wicking from an eGo-W and it's fantastic.

I'm trying out a new carto for the W today and it seems to be working well so far too to be fair but I bet I'll end up on the C again tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I haven't gone down the road of buying other stuff as I'm very happy with my ego-c. I haven't had a leak since the first initial couple of weeks. The silicone caps sorted out my problems and usually clean the various bits with tissue during each refill. 6 weeks now and going strong, both the ego-c and my lack of want for a fag.

I got my new carto today and no leaks so far. Very strong taste though and I've just noticed that I cant see the coil in this one? The silicone cap goes all the way across but I've a feeling that the little section covering the coil should have been cut out?

It doesn't have the hole in the middle any more? Might be a revised version.

It doesn't have the hole in the middle any more? Might be a revised version.

The one I got doesn't anyway! Either a revision or a messed up one!

I got my eGo-C atomiser from e-cigshop today... So far the first impressions are good. Great vapour and not leaking at all... at least for now.

May it be, that the leaking with eGo-C is due to difference between the plastic and silicone caps of the tank cartridges? I am using silicone caps and have read somewhere that these are better than plastic ones... :)

I don't see them in the e-cigshop.eu?

Anyway, mine leaked at one stage and it leaked even worse with the silicone caps. I think the atty head was responsible for it though. No leaks with the other atties.

Anyway, mine leaked at one stage and it leaked even worse with the silicone caps. I think the atty head was responsible for it though. No leaks with the other atties.

You said you had rewicked an Ego C atty and it worked perfectly. As a matter of interest how exactly did you do it. It's not working for me...loads of vapour and throat hit but no flavour. I double up a small bit of wick, tie the top with a small bit of steel mesh and thread it through the spike end, push it down so that it's flush with the bottom of the spike then trim the wick to the same length as a new atty. This is becoming a bit of an obsession with me.

Bubba9 wrote: »
    You said you had rewicked an Ego C atty and it worked perfectly. As a matter of interest how exactly did you do it. It's not working for me...loads of vapour and throat hit but no flavour. I double up a small bit of wick, tie the top with a small bit of steel mesh and thread it through the spike end, push it down so that it's flush with the bottom of the spike then trim the wick to the same length as a new atty. This is becoming a bit of an obsession with me.

I cut a piece of W wick and pulled it through the spike. I used some old mesh and wrapped it around the wick. I then cut the wick above the mesh and pushed it down into the spike. I trimmed the wick at the lower side of the wick to the right length.

Mine tasted like crap until I soaked in alcohol for a while and tried it again. I did have to pull it up and down a bit too though to get it right.

I'll try another one today and see howit goes - I might just have been lucky!

• Advertisement

Cheers...I'll try that. This is becoming an expensive obsession. Now I have to go out and buy a bottle of vodka...I presume it's vodka that worked? There's a few bottles of wine around the house...don't suppose they'd be any use?:)

I cut a piece of W wick and pulled it through the spike. I used some old mesh and wrapped it around the wick. I then cut the wick above the mesh and pushed it down into the spike. I trimmed the wick at the lower side of the wick to the right length.

Mine tasted like crap until I soaked in alcohol for a while and tried it again. I did have to pull it up and down a bit too though to get it right.

I'll try another one today and see howit goes - I might just have been lucky!

I've just rewicked another one and it's great too. At least so far anyway. Not sure what I'm doing really but it seems to be working out okay.

Wonder does soaking it loosen up the fibres or something because I did have a bad experience with the first one I trid initially but after a soak it worked perfect.

Got the vodka, soaked the wick for an hour, dried for the afternoon, tried it an hour ago and it works a treat. Cheers for that GH...I'd never have thought of the soaking trick. Now a naggin of vodka has been added to my vaping supplies.

Yeah, I've filled it pretty much to the top and no leaks at all. Of course I decided that the rubber bit shouldn't have been there and cut it out…works well though.

He he he... :) Crazy you ;) Simple and short e-mail to seller could help as well, couldn't it?

Yeah! Should have but I think the draw is better now anyway.

Actually I should mention that I think overfilling is what killed one of mine, when I took it apart it looked like the coil had been pushed up breaking one of it's connecting wires. I had just filled it to the top, so think I might have overfilled, pushing up the silicon cap which lifted the coil up and snapped the connection.

Advertisement