Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Funniest stand up comedy you've seen

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭skylight1987

dara o briain is by far the funniest, i have seen him 3 times and he is pain in your stomach from laughing funny.
    went to see jimmy carr cause my friend liked him , i had never heard him . just as we were walking in he says ,this guy is pretty offensive be prepared , and he was , my god oh he was , but what wasnt offensive was very funny
    went to see des bishop twice 1st time good 2nd time awful , absolutley embarrasingly awful.
    going to seinfeld in june , hope he is as good as i expect, being seinfeld is my favourite show of all time
    love the old billy conolly stuff also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Ed Byrne

hahahahaha sorry, no, I just can't keep a straight face saying that. He's fkn awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

+1 for Steve Hughes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Sam Kinison at the Arie Crown Theatre in Chicago @1988.

There is no one who has ever made me laugh so hard in my life. He was sacrilegious, politically incorrect, and then he pulled out a Les Paul guitar and rocked the house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Louis C.K and Bill Burr are my favorites right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭omg a kitty

Dara O' Briain, Jeff Dunham, Michael McIntyre, Rhod Gilbert

Does anybody actually like Ed Byrne?

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭daithi1970

Here's a few I like...

Eddie Izzard
    Dylan Moran
    Phil Jupitus
    older Billy Connolly
    some Tommy Tiernan
    Emo Phillips
    Rich Hall

d

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Another one for Emo Philips. He doesn't get the recognition he deserves.

For anyone who likes Dane Cook, look up Greg Behrendt. Cook consistently rips off his stuff and does a terrible job of it. Behrendt is actually funny, check out his podcast (That I have nothing to do with at all).

Also, didn't see him mentioned, my favourite newish comic is Mike Birbiglia. Has me in tears listening to his CDs. Honest, self-effacing humour. Not shocking-to-be-shocking, just a really pleasant guy telling you about all these dumb situations he accidentally puts himself into.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I like Bill Burr, he has a small role in Breaking Bad for any fans who might recognise him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Billy Connolly has to be the King of Stand up
    Saw Dara O'Briain in Vicar st in Feb and was very dissappointed. Not very funny I'm afraid and was very fond of him:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Wish I was old enough to have seen Eddie Izzard when he was still dressing as a woman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

shockwave wrote: »
    Ricky Gervais's standup is pretty good, not a fan of his tv stuff though. Sean Locke is also very good.

I'd have to be nailed to the chair to watch Ricky Gervais.

I'd probably enjoy having the nails hammered in more than listening to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

Matt Welcome years ago in the Warwick in Galway

Advertisement