Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Awww, a pity on them - the poor developer in Ireland today...

• 05-02-2012 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Ok, so its written by Niamh Horan but lets look beyond that for a minute.
    Nama treating developers like dirt, says furious Agar

....Mr Agar described himself as "emotionally frustrated" at the way in which the State agency is "driving developers into the ground".

The multi-millionaire property developer, against whom Nama has moved this week to take control of a "land-bank" development site with debts of €77m, said this weekend: "Nama is treating developers in a disgraceful manner.

"If they feel they are not capable of doing a good job, then why didn't they send in all the receivers on day one and have the show on the road by now?

"I am extremely frustrated and angry at how developers are being treated in this country. Nama will not be happy until every developer in this country is living in a three-bed semi-detached house and driving a Ford Cortina. And soon enough we will be able to pay for it out of our petty cash."

He went on: "Who are these people who thought we were experts at our jobs and now think we are a piece of dirt on their shoe? And how have the receivers suddenly become the new experts?

"I am emotionally frustrated at the way I have been treated. I have walked on water to prove a point to Nama and will continue to do so for the receiver.

"And I will continue to work with the receiver in every way possible while I am still in this country.

"But I predict that there will be no rise in the value of property in this country for at least 15 years.

"Nama is driving developers into the ground. It is sad to see such enterprising people being forced to go abroad for their skills to be appreciated, rather than encouraging them here, where they will be able to rebuild the country...

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/nama-treating-developers-like-dirt-says-furious-agar-3010367.html

A cardboard box is too good for these muppets. :mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

Developers, their all me me me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Big foots diick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I'd love to own a three bed and a car. :(
    "Developers are being banished out of here in the name of the taxpayer.

He who pays calls the tunes. :cool:
    Businesses that don't need government support are free to make their own decisions
    Nama will be proven to be the biggest mistake we ever made."
    The man has a point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

A Ford Cortina!!! No wonder he's €77M in debt... if his business skills are as up to date as his knowledge of what the average Joe Soap is driving. :eek::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

"But I predict that there will be no rise in the value of property in this country for at least 15 years.

Just goes to show even the biggest gobshyte cant be wrong about everything.............

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I'd love a three bedroom house and ford cortina

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Icepick

"Nama is driving developers into the ground. It is sad to see such enterprising people being forced to go abroad for their skills to be appreciated
    Is he referring to developers going to the UK to declare bankruptcy?

"i have walked on water to prove a point" :confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Gophur

A greater scandal has to be how that hack Horan is still drawing a wage for her 'work'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I'd love three Ford Cortinas and a Bedouin house.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

I'd love a three bedroom house and ford cortina

I was under the impression that ford cortinas were quite sought after these days among the vintage motoring fraternity ?

On the other hand the majority of the three bedroom houses that Irish developers have been responsible for over the last twenty years I wouldnt put a dog in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Gophur wrote: »
    A greater scandal has to be how that hack Horan is still drawing a wage for her 'work'.

I heard she got the job after winning 'rock-paper-scissors' against Alison O'Riordan...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

I couldn't believe this when I read it this morning. The fúcking cheek of him, the stupid, greedy, out of touch príck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Robdude

Just tell me who I need to kill to get a 3-bed semi-detached home.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭LK_Dave

OP is all fairness why didn’t you post the whole article? It appears that this guy was mainly a commercial/business park developer not in residential housing market – although I do believe the Beacon Centre has apartments, I may stand corrected on this point. It business people like Mr Agar who help to get companies like Google into Ireland. Most multinationals only lease the premises they occupy. Are you also against these corporations! Reading the posts here and in other treads, the majority are against Irish business people who dealt in property of which many did – myself included? Without entrepreneurs and risk takers there is sustainable and long term job prospects going to come from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Gophur wrote: »
    telekon wrote: »
    I heard she got the job after winning 'rock-paper-scissors' against Alison O'Riordan...

Well at least they haven't tried ""translating"" artiles from Polish yet:rolleyes:

LK_Dave wrote: »
    OP is all fairness why didn’t you post the whole article? It appears that this guy was mainly a commercial/business park developer not in residential housing market – although I do believe the Beacon Centre has apartments, I may stand corrected on this point. It business people like Mr Agar who help to get companies like Google into Ireland. Most multinationals only lease the premises they occupy. Are you also against these corporations! Reading the posts here and in other treads, the majority are against Irish business people who dealt in property of which many did – myself included? Without entrepreneurs and risk takers there is sustainable and long term job prospects going to come from?

Personally, I prefer when the first post isn't a mile long, which this would have been if I posted the whole article. That's all. So I posted a section and provided a link to the full article. Nothing sinister intended.

Personally, I prefer when the first post isn't a mile long, which this would have been if I posted the whole article. That's all. So I posted a section and provided a link to the full article. Nothing sinister intended.

Is that really your defence?. You are here blacking this guys name and mob rolls in behind you.

I’m all for hanging the champagne swigging indebted developer still living the life who refuses or work with or impedes proceedings with NAMA. But if a guy has a good track record and is trying to work with them – although nobody can prove they are trying to work with NAMA as disclosing or even discussing the finer details with NAMA is against the law – then NAMA should work with them. Nobody wants to be in NAMA and if the plan here is to cut the legs out of people then the entrepreneurial spirit will be lost in this bankrupted country of ours.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Did Agar go to the Indo or did the Indo find him?

Is that really your defence?. You are here blacking this guys name and mob rolls in behind you.

I’m all for hanging the champagne swigging indebted developer still living the life who refuses or work with or impedes proceedings with NAMA. But if a guy has a good track record and is trying to work with them – although nobody can prove they are trying to work with NAMA as disclosing or even discussing the finer details with NAMA is against the law – then NAMA should work with them. Nobody wants to be in NAMA and if the plan here is to cut the legs out of people then the entrepreneurial spirit will be lost in this bankrupted country of ours.

I was highlighting his remarks about "3 bed semis" and "ford cortinas".

The gall of the man making this statement, when so many Irish people are suffering, is truly sickening.

But if you want to defend his comments then work away.

• Advertisement

It business people like Mr Agar who help to get companies like Google into Ireland.
    how?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

To put it in perspective €77 million would pay the basic €188 dole for 400,000 people for a week.

The thing is did that developer pay €77 million in tax during the boom ?
    Because most of the people on the dole are only getting back what they paid in PRSI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

Agar is a medium used in microbiology to enhance the growth of bacteria. I wonder is the article a piss take?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Mike 1972 wrote: »
    I was under the impression that ford cortinas were quite sought after these days among the vintage motoring fraternity ?

On the other hand the majority of the three bedroom houses that Irish developers have been responsible for over the last twenty years I wouldnt put a dog in.
    Not just twenty years ago .Many of their' shoddy housing designs' have being around for 40 years or more ...long before any economic boom .

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Ok, so its written by Niamh Horan but lets look beyond that for a minute.

saying that won't help the property market will it ?

or perhaps he's trying to depress the market so can buy on the cheap ???

or maybe, just maybe he's as competent to predict about the next 15 years as he was 5 years ago.

Seriously why do we trust these people anymore, why are we rewarding failure. It's got to the stage where it's hard to believe that many of the people in the financial sector and politics areas would do better than average (ie. tracker bonds) without insider knowledge / backhanders and pull.

I have no problem with people gambling with their own money , but when they gamble with the money that pays for schools and hospitals ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

Developing things generally means improving them. That's why I think those "developers", who are actually just parasites that borrowed others' money and frittered it away in their greedy quest to get rich quick, are singularly misnamed.:):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

The gall of the man making this statement, when so many Irish people are suffering, is truly sickening.
    Its pretty special alright. I know a few like him even today, convinced that testosterone covers a multitude. Won't be long now before the last of it dries up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Feeona wrote: »
    Agar is a medium used in microbiology to enhance the growth of bacteria. I wonder is the article a piss take?

Fraid not. Bacteria.

Not sure if this is the same person but LOL at the figures
    http://companycheck.co.uk/company/02324816
    Cash at Bank : £0
    Net Worth : £18

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

The '3 bed semis' that he and his cohorts built are good enough for the plebs, but not good enough for him and his like?

And the threads about the lack of insulation or sound-proofing, the shoddy workmanship...all ok for the plebs.

Dunno why every town and village in Ireland isn't doing a Ballyhea.

But if you want to defend his comments then work away.

I don't believe his remarks were to be taken literally. It sounds like a stupid off the cuff remark and in itself its indefensible - maybe its a symptom "emotionally frustrated" state he spoke of.

The '3 bed semis' that he and his cohorts built are good enough for the plebs, but not good enough for him and his like?

And the threads about the lack of insulation or sound-proofing, the shoddy workmanship...all ok for the plebs.

Dunno why every town and village in Ireland isn't doing a Ballyhea.

quite possibly ever town and village is home to the plebs of developers, ground workers, block layers, roofers, insulators, plumbers, electricians and engineers who did the actual shoddy workmanship

Icepick wrote: »
    how?

read the article in whole...the OP was good enough to add a link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

What's wrong with driving a Funky Ford Cortina? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

There's one thing I hate more than the pope itself is a developer that's still thinks its 2006 and still thinks their untouchable
    These fookers should be made paid

• Advertisement

read the article in whole...the OP was good enough to add a link
    So you have no idea how.

Advertisement