Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milton Keynes?

• 05-02-2012 12:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭

Not sure if the London forum would be more appropriate but anyway...I'm moving back to the UK to start a job in MK next month and was wondering if anyone had any advice on which areas to look at/avoid when looking for somewhere to live? In an ideal world I'd commute out of London but I'm not that committed when it comes to trains and such ;) There don't seem to be many MKers here but if anyone has any advice I'd appreciate it. The job is in MK15 near Willen Lake. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭youreadthis

To be honest MK is all pretty samey, much of the town is built in a similar way so variation from area to area is small. Towards Bletchley is where you'd find the "rougher" areas I guess. In general the standard of living in MK is pretty good as there is a huge amount of green space and good transport links. Some fairly pleasant countryside is not too far away either, and decent shopping of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Been here for over 6 months.

Avoid Fishermead. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Thanks for the heads up ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭markest

Newport Pagnell is probably the best suited, not related but was the home of Aston Martin for 50 years and still a small factory there I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Surion

Did the long distance dating thing to there for 2 years. Really liked the town/area overall. Plenty of new developments as (as of 2 years ago) MK was going through its building boom. I found the 'class' of people in these places much nicer/more reserved (which is what I'd personally be seeking).

How has the move gone for you? Not area did you end up in OP?

You might tell me, are there any local (good) job agencies there, that you're aware of? It's something/ somewhere I'd like to live (with job of course). The outskirts are pretty beautiful!

• Advertisement
Advertisement