Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

landline phones only will be answered

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭6480

good idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

Lets text him saying. I am very interested in your dexta but as you don't answer mobile phones and I don't have a land line I decided to send you a text instead to let you know that I am interested.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Perhaps he had an ad in before and got tormented with timewasters. Have a look here, the motors page beat us to it;)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056528260

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

i txted, and he txted back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭fastrac

Some ads have more instructions how not to contact the seller than info on the item.No wonder people wind them up.

• Advertisement

What did he say?

fastrac wrote: »
    Some ads have more instructions how not to contact the seller than info on the item.No wonder people wind them up.
    How true. I put an ad on donedeal and someone send me a text I rang him back and he bought the item. What the big deal about sending texts is about I don't know, maybe some people don't feel comfortable ringing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

put up a few machines for sale and got absolutaely plagued. only one person turned up to look at them and decided they wouldnt fit in his workshop. seems to be it depends a lot on what your selling and theres a lot of day dreamers out there who just want a chat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

At least with a text there is a number (usually!) unlike a phone number which can be blocked easily.

Advertisement