Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WITSU Rag Week 2012

Options
  • 05-02-2012 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭

I know we all like to have a bit of a moan about some of our student friends behaviour.
    I have to take my hat off to the student union in WIT as they have seem to have put together a very decent line up for this years events, it should attract a fair bit of footfall from out of town.

Foundry: DJ Sash
    Masons: Jennie Greene, Ray Shay, Original Rudeboys.
    Crystal: Dj Judge Jules
    Harvey's: nothing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Give some credit to harveys though.

Seriously. They need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Seriously. They need it.

LMAO !!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Seriously. They need it.

Got a genuine belly laugh out of that. Bravo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

Seriously. They need it.
    pure genius

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Sashiee

Yeah looking forward to it.
    they even have poker and dart tournaments during the day,

on tuesday 14th theyre showing two movies in the auditorium during the day..... usually a great laugh ....

Anybody got a good Fancy dress costume for the monday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Noelly

Does anyone know if Sash! is a WIT entry only event or...?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭KingFling

Noelly wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Sash! is a WIT entry only event or...?

As far as I know any events on in town are for everybody, if they can get tickets that is. All events on campus are student card only like normal i'd say. Sash in Foundry Tuesday, Judge Jules in Crystal and Masons Thursday will probably be packed either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mooley22

Nypd wrote: »
    I know we all like to have a bit of a moan about some of our student friends behaviour.
    I have to take my hat off to the student union in WIT as they have seem to have put together a very decent line up for this years events, it should attract a fair bit of footfall from out of town.

I wouldn't call maverick sabre on the Monday night nothing now.going to be a great week though

Mooley22 wrote: »

I wouldn't call maverick sabre on the Monday night nothing now.going to be a great week though

Must only have been announced tonight
    Maverick is good but a bar is not really a good spot for a gig, will interesting to see how it pans out.

Nice to see Waterford city centre venues hosting such acts, it seems well spread out each of the big four places hosting something big.
    Let's hope it continues after rag week :)

Just heard that it is a public appearance from Maverick singing maybe 2 songs over a backing track.

Anyone else hear this ?
    My post was deleted off the face book page 😡

• Advertisement

Just heard that it is a public appearance from Maverick singing maybe 2 songs over a backing track.

Anyone else hear this ?
    My post was deleted off the face book page 😡
    It's a performance and pa which is clearly stated on the Facebook page.

So it's a full show with a band, not just a few songs sung over a cd ???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Neil Delamare AGAIN.
    Seriously, some on the SU must be sleeping with him.
    They're is only so long before a short and fat man from Louth can entertain before you want to shoot him in the face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭windy bee

The Neil Delamere, he be from the Edenderry in the County Offaly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Neil Delamare AGAIN.
    Seriously, some on the SU must be sleeping with him.
    They're is only so long before a short and fat man from Louth can entertain before you want to shoot him in the face.
    Your geography is offaly wrong! :D

He is a solo artist which means he does gigs solo without a band sometimes.if he had a band all the time he wouldn't be classed as a solo artist my friend:)

Haha stop talking nonsense. Almost every solo artist has a band playing with them when they're live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

You my friend NYPD are an absolute idiot by the looks of it :cool:
    On your earlier comment the only reason it is going around that it has been called off is because the Students Union is spreading the word so people wont go. The reason?? The Maverick Sabre gig is not officially part of RagWeek i.e. They are not benefiting from it moneywise so they have decided to condemn it by spreading the rumours!!!
    I think to be honest the staff are more worried about keeping there jobs for the moment than charity gigs!!

He is a solo artist which means he does gigs solo without a band sometimes.if he had a band all the time he wouldn't be classed as a solo artist my friend:)

That's complete and utter crap,
    No one involved with the gig will give a straight answer as to how long he will be playing for,
    Answers such as the Facebook clearly states pa and performance is simply not good enough.

It's a ****e way to do business,
    Seems the student union has nothing to do with this gig either, says it all really !

Elbows22 wrote: »

!!

Wft kind of comment is that to make.
    A simple question was asked, and is being asked not just by me.

I suggest you grow up, I will stick to forum posting ethics and not attack the poster .
    I shall sit patiently and wait for your next pearl of wisdom.

• Advertisement

Haha stop talking nonsense. Almost every solo artist has a band playing with them when they're live.
    almost isnt every

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

Elbows22 wrote: »

!!

Wft kind of comment is that to make.
    A simple question was asked, and is being asked not just by me.

I suggest you grow up, I will stick to forum posting ethics and not attack the poster .
    I shall sit patiently and wait for your next pearl of wisdom.

Your mother :cool:

That's complete and utter crap,
    No one involved with the gig will give a straight answer as to how long he will be playing for,
    Answers such as the Facebook clearly states pa and performance is simply not good enough.

It's a ****e way to do business,
    Seems the student union has nothing to do with this gig either, says it all really !
    Yes do you really think I run the business I just make the tea;)who said I was involved with the gig in the first place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭vtec_vixen

Oh oh oh Wheres he going to be :)

almost isnt every

You said if he had a band than he wouldn't be a solo artist. That, my friend, is nonsense.

vtec_vixen wrote: »

Oh oh oh Wheres he going to be :)
    Harveys.tickets go on sale tonight.10euro in and 3.50 drinks

almost isnt every

You said if he had a band than he wouldn't be a solo artist. That, my friend, is nonsense.
    I actually said if he had a band ALL the time he wouldn't be a solo artist he would just be a lead singer in a band

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Noelly

I actually said if he had a band ALL the time he wouldn't be a solo artist he would just be a lead singer in a band

Erra no.. Clearly you haven't been to many concerts? :confused: Playing over a CD makes you a karaoke artist, playing with a backing band with your own songs makes you a solo artist.. A band works together, a solo artist comes up with the song and the music but gets someone else to play it and can change their backing band as much as they want whilst still remaining solo..

Yes do you really think I run the business I just make the tea;)who said I was involved with the gig in the first place?

Sorry I should have said involved with the bar.
    So I ask again, is it a full gig or what ?

• Advertisement

Noelly wrote: »

Erra no.. Clearly you haven't been to many concerts? :confused: Playing over a CD makes you a karaoke artist, playing with a backing band with your own songs makes you a solo artist.. A band works together, a solo artist comes up with the song and the music but gets someone else to play it and can change their backing band as much as they want whilst still remaining solo..
    Excuse me...you think I haven't been to many concerts?I've been to richie Kavanagh and crystal swing what more do you need.

Advertisement