Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WITSU Rag Week 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

cocoshovel wrote: »
    Yeah I imagine so. But what was shown in the video didn't seem all that bad. Aside from the plastic barriers it didn't show anything being damaged or anyone being hurt, and the Gardai didn't seem to have a struggle on their hands much.

What happened that wasnt shown on the video?

A duck got gang raped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

Yeah has been a rough week living down here and when I give out about students people say that this stuff can happen anytime. I have never had stuff like that happen on a Saturday night, the singing maybe but not the vandalism and destruction that student nights bring during the week.

P.S. I know not all students are like that the ones who are decent were either gone home by then or didnt bother going out at all because they cant afford to piss money away drinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ComfyKnickers

Just said on the news that everyone arrested was released without charge and weren't students of the WIT anyway!

Just said on the news that everyone arrested was released without charge and weren't students of the WIT anyway!

Tonight is the last night now hopefully there wont be anymore trouble and will pass by without someones property getting damaged and no one getting hurt.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Wont stop them doing it again that's for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭carefulnow100

For the record, there was no real damage done to any properties around the area where this happened. the place was as dirty as a Saturday night as regards rubbish.

Just a drunken sing song that got out of hand. In fairness it only takes one lad to pick up a barrier and the rest will follow. The more people in the vicinity the more likely there will be trouble.

The over reaction by some people is unbelievable.

For the record, there was no real damage done to any properties around the area where this happened. the place was as dirty as a Saturday night as regards rubbish.

Just a drunken sing song that got out of hand. In fairness it only takes one lad to pick up a barrier and the rest will follow. The more people in the vicinity the more likely there will be trouble.

The over reaction by some people is unbelievable.
    I live in the area and there was damage done to cars around the corner from there and the rubbish and trouble was way worse than any Saturday night. They kicked every single bin over on the street , the wing mirrors were kicked of cars and they were booting doors, where are you getting your information from.

also on the Tuesday night Harveys alarm went off all night, when I called the Guards to complain they said they have his number but he turned his phone off so the alarm did not go off until like twelve the next morning.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Damage done to cars out in Kilcohan also.

deisedave wrote: »
    I live in the area and there was damage done to cars around the corner from there and the rubbish and trouble was way worse than any Saturday night. They kicked every single bin over on the street , the wing mirrors were kicked of cars and they were booting doors, where are you getting your information from.

also on the Tuesday night Harveys alarm went off all night, when I called the Guards to complain they said they have his number but he turned his phone off so the alarm did not go off until like twelve the next morning.

Ok fair enough I wasn't talking about down near Harvey's though I was talking about exactly where this street party happened. The rubbish there was the same as a bad Saturday night.

And the doors and wing mirror's is bad all right, but If you re-read my post, I never commented on anything that happened in that part of the town. I don't comment on things i don't know about, And I don't know what happened near Harvey's

I know what the crossroads was like when it finnished up, so thats what I commented about.

And I honestly don't get your point about Harvey's alarm? I'm not sure where your going with that one:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

is this the Irish version of the Greek revolt, either way it's bad form

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

Ok fair enough I wasn't talking about down near Harvey's though I was talking about exactly where this street party happened. The rubbish there was the same as a bad Saturday night.

And the doors and wing mirror's is bad all right, but If you re-read my post, I never commented on anything that happened in that part of the town. I don't comment on things i don't know about, And I don't know what happened near Harvey's

I know what the crossroads was like when it finnished up, so thats what I commented about.

And I honestly don't get your point about Harvey's alarm? I'm not sure where your going with that one:confused:

You're talking pure sh!te now lad, Harvey's to the crossroads is hardly a 'different area', it's all the nightclub district. I might give you a pass if The Bowery was still open and you said that was a different area. And why focus on 'the rubbish' when people's doors and cars are getting kicked. And as for the Harvey's point... 99.999% of the time alarms don't go off by themselves... it's more than reasonable to presume some of the boorish behaviour in and around there caused it to go off, hence why whoever was in charge didn't bother showing up to turn it off.

well it's a different area for me? I walk through the crossroads from the city home towards Ardkeen? So I never got to see that part of town? I'v already stated that and I said that's fair enough but I didn't see it so why would I comment on it? I'm not doing the whole "oh a friend of a friends brother dog told me he seen this the other night?"

I was open to be corrected but I only commented on exactly what I seen, and that's what I seen.

And the point about the alarm is a bit redundant. Some rag week students robbed the manager or owners phone and turned it off?:confused:? So the point is that Harvey's alarm has never gone off on any other night ever except on this tuesday night ever? I very much doubt someone wouldn't go down to turn it off because of a few lad's on the street. Christ why didn't he ask the guard's to go down with him?

I never stated there was no other trouble in any other parts of the town? hell I'm sure there was a house party or two in Templer's but I dint comment on it because I didn't see it with my own eye's.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I was on my way home from training last night at 11 and around the mansion house/bottom of johns hill was already thronged with groups of drunk morons "singing".
    I really hope they do away with RAG week, it's just dumb, I say this as a current WIT student btw so I'm not trying to ****e on students here.

mayordenis wrote: »
    I was on my way home from training last night at 11 and around the mansion house/bottom of johns hill was already thronged with groups of drunk morons "singing".
    I really hope they do away with RAG week, it's just dumb, I say this as a current WIT student btw so I'm not trying to ****e on students here.

From my sitting room I hear the drunk singing all the time during the week, I will never understands what makes drunk's sing stupid songs on the top of their lungs while walking from pub to pub. I drink myself but have never felt the urge to shout, scream and sing just to be heard its ridiculous.

Sully wrote: »
    Damage done to cars out in Kilcohan also.

Would that be related to students tho, I dont know of any students who live out there.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

From my sitting room I hear the drunk singing all the time during the week, I will never understands what makes drunk's sing stupid songs on the top of their lungs while walking from pub to pub. I drink myself but have never felt the urge to shout, scream and sing just to be heard its ridiculous.

Aye I'm not saying that this only ever happens during rag week, but this is constant every night during rag week and worse, basically I'm saying it's logistically difficult enough just having the one student night per week plus the standard friday and saturday nights where the streets are full with drunkards, but to set a week aside just to have the majority of the student population go out and get mangled is not going to be manageable.

mayordenis wrote: »
    Aye I'm not saying that this only ever happens during rag week, but this is constant every night during rag week and worse, basically I'm saying it's logistically difficult enough just having the one student night per week plus the standard friday and saturday nights where the streets are full with drunkards, but to set a week aside just to have the majority of the student population go out and get mangled is not going to be manageable.

Yeah sort of stupid and the nights out on rag week are not even fun the clubs are so packed you cant move plus its sweaty and horrible in them. Well I am happy I have got through this rag week without much damage to my property, which I cant say the same for last year so as long as nothing happens tonight it was a good rag year for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

dlofnep wrote: »
    Dopes, with their stupid soccer chants. None of them are from Waterford. Blow ins can piss off back to whatever backwards county they came from.

Just browsing but the irony of that statement considering the thread that is going on in after hours at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭billythepig

another load of students arrested last night,
    wonder how many of the toerags will be arrseted tonight

Would that be related to students tho, I dont know of any students who live out there.

Could be locals who joined in on the festivities. Not sure if students live out that far, some might. Either way, likely to be drink related and related to the events of last night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

What the hell is it with students and traffic cones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

You ever think there may be some stuff you dont know about?

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Roomic Cube

I hope they send names of WIT students arrested to the college.

The college policy is that for the time you're studying there you're a student of the college and 24/7 you represent the college. Rowdy drunken behaviour reflects the students and the college in bad light.

Know someone who was almost expelled from WIT because of this kinda thing but not ragweek related.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭KingFling

another load of students arrested last night,
    wonder how many of the toerags will be arrseted tonight

Source????? Or another guess that because they were out on a Wednesday night that they were students of WIT. Get a grip.

KingFling wrote: »
    Source????? Or another guess that because they were out on a Wednesday night that they were students of WIT. Get a grip.

One would assume judging by the videos and reports online, plus discussions on WLR and the news reports, that students were arrested last night.

Fairly sure he has a grip, at least this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

What the hell is it with students and traffic cones?

It's easy amuse a simple mind. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Sully wrote: »
    One would assume judging by the videos and reports online, plus discussions on WLR and the news reports, that students were arrested last night.

Fairly sure he has a grip, at least this time!

Assumption is the mother of all fcuk ups

Hats off to the tits that started the work during rag week, the title of the video is ridiculous, riots my arse

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭xFROSTY Gx

KingFling wrote: »

http://www.beat102103.com/news-and-sport/11-arrested-in-waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

im not a student but in fairness that was far from a riot, people being stupid ye but it wasnt that bad.

i see fights and scraps on the weekend that would be closer to a riot than that.

anyway it gave the gards something to do.:D

• Advertisement

Nypd wrote: »
    Assumption is the mother of all fcuk ups

Hats off to the tits that started the work during rag week, the title of the video is ridiculous, riots my arse
    xFROSTY Gx wrote: »

Clearly not.

Advertisement