Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Broken iPad screen

• 05-02-2012 1:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭

Just dropped my iPad 2 and the screen is shattered. Touch screen is totally fine and the pad is working. It seems to be just the shield in front of the touch screen, there's no bleed or anything.

It's within warranty but I'm assuming that doesn't cover breakage? Has anyone any advice? Im nervous of giving it to someone not authorised as its only 3 months old and I don't want to void the warranty.

It's just ruined my day :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭kilianmanning

Just dropped my iPad 2 and the screen is shattered. Touch screen is totally fine and the pad is working. It seems to be just the shield in front of the touch screen, there's no bleed or anything.

It's within warranty but I'm assuming that doesn't cover breakage? Has anyone any advice? Im nervous of giving it to someone not authorised as its only 3 months old and I don't want to void the warranty.

It's just ruined my day :(
    If you want to keep the warranty, you'll have to send it back to apple, which could be quite pricey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Ok bit of research later and It looks like e261 for an apple replacement. Does anyone have any idea what it would be at an independent place? Trying to decide what to do. Might be as well to get it done cheaply, sell it on and put the money towards the iPad 3? (when it comes!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭kilianmanning

Ok bit of research later and It looks like e261 for an apple replacement. Does anyone have any idea what it would be at an independent place? Trying to decide what to do. Might be as well to get it done cheaply, sell it on and put the money towards the iPad 3? (when it comes!)
    i'd imagine around 110-130 just for the glass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Best bet is to ring apple and ask for a price. There has being story's on here in the past of people searching for prices and when they ring apple to be told totally different cheaper at times.Try that first then use the sticky on top of the page for repair stores if that does not work out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

Is there any cover in your house insurance that may cover this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

I can't figure out how to ring apple without being charged to make the phone call? I'll try the service providers in the morning and unfortunately we're in the process of getting home insurance at the mo do definitely not covered :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,454 ✭✭✭jamesd

Got an ipad 2 screen done in Galway in iPod-rescue.com for €120.
    Would recommend.

Advertisement