Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Citroen C3 high mount stop light fitting?

Options
  • 05-02-2012 2:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭

I changed the bulb in the high mounted stop light (I think that's what you call it anyway) today. The original bulb had blown so I looked in the owner manual and did as it said.

Opened the boot, used a flat head screwdriver to press on the springs and release the light fitting. I changed the bulb and put in a new LED bulb (might as well be all hi-tech and fancy eh? :)). Tested the bulb worked, no problem.

I put the fitting back in and closed the boot. But it doesn't snap in, the fitting is still loose. I tried pressing on the clips the other way to see if they need to hook on to something but it's really fiddly to see in there, even with light.

What's the story with getting the fitting to securely lock in to place? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

You can't change LED bulbs, I presume it was just a standard bulb.

Are you sure that no piece of the clips have broken off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Thanks for the info, though the bulb I repalaced wasn't LED in the first place. The old style bulb had blown, so I removed it and bought a pack of LED bulbs and replaced the old one with one of these. Fitted it just fine, tested it etc, works great.

The clips look fine, nothing snapped off, it's just not snapped back in place when I put the fitting back in. Very odd indeed. :confused:

Advertisement