Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secondhand furniture shops?

Options
  • 05-02-2012 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

I was a little afraid to post this in my last thread as it all went a bit tits-up in there, so figured a fresh thread was best.

So. Can anyone please give me the locations of any secondhand furniture shops in Waterford? I'm looking for things like bookcases, sideboards, etc. Perhaps an armchair or two. It'll be helpful for me to pinpoint everything on Google maps before moving in this week. Thanks. :-)

(I've Googled "second hand furniture" and "used furniture" and whatever else for Waterford, but not coming up with anything completely useful. Hence asking the locals. *g*)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

newtotown wrote: »
    I was a little afraid to post this in my last thread as it all went a bit tits-up in there, so figured a fresh thread was best.

So. Can anyone please give me the locations of any secondhand furniture shops in Waterford? I'm looking for things like bookcases, sideboards, etc. Perhaps an armchair or two. It'll be helpful for me to pinpoint everything on Google maps before moving in this week. Thanks. :-)

(I've Googled "second hand furniture" and "used furniture" and whatever else for Waterford, but not coming up with anything completely useful. Hence asking the locals. *g*)
    go to charlies out in the old salvage shop on the airport road near johns park

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

or there's another one just across from domino's behind the maxol station on the park road, bought a book case in there a few weeks ago and they delivered it free, very reasonable prices!

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

It's called Trotters Independent Trading,as has been said next to Maxol Garage opposite the people's park

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Yeah sorry about that, there are a few places doing second hand furniture, theres a guy in town just behind the tourist information office, he sells it all tables chairs sofas' etc etc

• Advertisement

Yeah sorry about that, there are a few places doing second hand furniture, theres a guy in town just behind the tourist information office, he sells it all tables chairs sofas' etc etc
    thats charlies!! he moved out to the old salvage shop as pictured above!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,340 ✭✭✭✭looksee

There is a charity shop up to the left coming from the cork road onto Parnell St near the Johnstown cross. They have quite a lot of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭forfuxsake

sarah88 wrote: »
    or there's another one just across from domino's behind the maxol station on the park road, bought a book case in there a few weeks ago and they delivered it free, very reasonable prices!

I had a look a couple of weeks ago and found most of their prices ridiculous for second hand tat. I noticed a kid's high chair that was old and dirty and selling for 5 euro more than I paid for it in Smyths. I was with a couple of people and we all found their prices high. Maybe there are some bargains to be found but I didn't notice any.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭forfuxsake

go to charlies out in the old salvage shop on the airport road near johns park

Is Charlie the red-haired chap used to be on O'Connell St? If so, I got a few things a couple of years back and they were cheap as chips and v good quality.

• Advertisement

forfuxsake wrote: »
    Is Charlie the red-haired chap used to be on O'Connell St? If so, I got a few things a couple of years back and they were cheap as chips and v good quality.
    dats d chap

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kittykat1988

hi if you are still looking for furniture i have 2 arm chairs in vgc would need a clean as were stored in a shead for a while as ive moved to a smaller house if you want them i need them gone buy sunday if interested my let me know thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

dats d chap

I think this guy is now closing up aswell, saw a huge sign on the building sale closing down!

Advertisement