Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Boot Sales in Waterford?

Options
  • 05-02-2012 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭

Hard to find anything happening in Waterford, I know it's early but were there any regular venues last year? Contact details would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

Hard to find anything happening in Waterford, I know it's early but were there any regular venues last year? Contact details would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. :)
    why not just go to the callan car boot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Thanks but I'm looking for details of ones in County Waterford. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Theres one in Kilmacthomas every second sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

Not exactly in Waterford but isn't there one over in Grannagh behind the Ferry Bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I've never understood why a city of nearly 50,000 hasn't got a permanent "car boot sale"
    venue. If it were done correctly it could be done with the farmers market, childrens entertainment and be a few pleasant hours on a weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

You heard it here first...mike is gonna set up the inaugural deise car boot sale.

Fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭JShannow

Hey all...

Never been to a car boot sale as a seller but going thru the attic recently and have lots stuff to get rid off (mostly DVD's), may as well try for some return on them..

can I ask what is the set up? How much do you pay to sell?

I assume by the thread Kilmac is the closest to here?

PM Mike65 he's setting one up.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

Fair play Mike the city needs more people like you.

Oh shit! :pac:

More seriously if I had the money to set up something like the above and employ staff I really would. Its little things like this that give life and community to a town/city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

JShannow wrote: »
    Hey all...

Never been to a car boot sale as a seller but going thru the attic recently and have lots stuff to get rid off (mostly DVD's), may as well try for some return on them..

can I ask what is the set up? How much do you pay to sell?

I assume by the thread Kilmac is the closest to here?

Grannagh is. It's about 2 miles over the bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

mike65 wrote: »
    Oh shit! :pac:

Im definitely going to do it dont try and stop me. Its little things like this that give life and community to a town/city.
    Thank you for your support im going to make exciting announcements about the car boot festival very soon!
    hang tight!

No problem Mike sure put me down for a space!

Fair play to ya mike

This will be all over twitter by morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Good to see someone getting up off their arse and doing something Mike. I'll spread the word.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Ive been to the one in kill before x-mas, it was pretty good, its in the halk in kill so it was a cost per table, i think is was about 20euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Hello lads (and lassies?) - I was looking for less cryptic info. :D Last poster in particular - where in the hell is kill? I need hard info for publicising to others on my blog here: http://collectireland.wordpress.com/ Thanks!

Kill about 15 Km west of Waterford south-east of Kilmacthomas.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 yankadi

mike65 wrote: »
    I've never understood why a city of nearly 50,000 hasn't got a permanent "car boot sale"
    venue. If it were done correctly it could be done with the farmers market, childrens entertainment and be a few pleasant hours on a weekend.

There's a lot of other stuff missing too for a city of 50k + !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Hello lads (and lassies?) - I was looking for less cryptic info. :D Last poster in particular - where in the hell is kill? I need hard info for publicising to others on my blog here: http://collectireland.wordpress.com/ Thanks!
    Put this in your blog and smoke it!

Located just 3km from Waterford city, the Grannagh Car Boot sale, with it's views of the new bridge, and plenty of parking at the site of the old Ferry Bar is the ideal location. This car boot sale is also a craft fair and farmers market.
    Open every Saturday 9-3 and Sunday 1-7 .
    For more details, ring 087-7575408

• Advertisement

BTW, I'm in no way involved, I just passed the sign yesterday.

Jaysus Mike, you work fast. Fair play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

Put this in your blog and smoke it!

Located just 3km from Waterford city, the Grannagh Car Boot sale, with it's views of the new bridge, and plenty of parking at the site of the old Ferry Bar is the ideal location. This car boot sale is also a craft fair and farmers market.
    Open every Saturday 9-3 and Sunday 1-7 .
    For more details, ring 087-7575408

I went up to the Car Boot Sale in Grannagh yesterday at half 2 and everyone was packing up... it's actually 9-3 on Sunday!! Didn't look like much there unless you're into fresh fruit and veg, but can only assume they were packing up early because it was quite misty and no-one was around. :(

batm!ke wrote: »
    I went up to the Car Boot Sale in Grannagh yesterday at half 2 and everyone was packing up... it's actually 9-3 on Sunday!! Didn't look like much there unless you're into fresh fruit and veg, but can only assume they were packing up early because it was quite misty and no-one was around. :(
    Oh crap. So sorry about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Was at it yesterday (the one in the Ferry Bar) absolutely nothing there to be honest, unless you were looking for veg!

No worries CardBord!
    kryogen wrote: »
    Was at it yesterday (the one in the Ferry Bar) absolutely nothing there to be honest, unless you were looking for veg!

Yeah, very disappointing!

Has anyone been to the Grannagh Market recently? Really need to shift a bit of stuff but am worried that Grannagh isn't the place for my tat. Is the Kill one any good? My plan was to go to Unyoke in Wexford but by the time I put Diesel in the van and pay my entry fee I'll be working off a big loss, lol! Not to mention it opens at 6am! I'd be selling DVDs, Souvenir kind of stuff and t-shirts that I've designed myself and had printed! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I though the Kill one was good, its handy that's its inside and you can have a cuppa too. I've never made it to the grannagh one, even though its only a few fields away.

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    I though the Kill one was good, its handy that's its inside and you can have a cuppa too. I've never made it to the grannagh one, even though its only a few fields away.

You don't know what time Kill starts at do you? And if I could just show and pay for a table? :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

cococoady wrote: »
    Not exactly in Waterford but isn't there one over in Grannagh behind the Ferry Bar.

Many the merry day and night i enjoyed there, and with father ted just over the road

Advertisement