Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post - Lost ALL my packets?!

Options
  • 05-02-2012 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭

I bought 5 series of The US Office on DVD from a woman in cork and she sent them all individually to me nearly 2 weeks ago.

I still haven't received any of the 5 packets/large envelopes!!??

Anyone have any ideas what to do about this?

I mean, I am living in cork too so they are only delivering across the city.

Is it even possible to lost all FIVE of my packets?

An Post Careline are dire. No tracking as its standard post, and they couldn't do anything they told me.

I just find it hard to believe that a company as big as An Post can "lose" 5 packets to one address?

Help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Sam Mac wrote: »
    I bought 5 series of The US Office on DVD from a woman in cork and she sent them all individually to me nearly 2 weeks ago.

I still haven't received any of the 5 packets/large envelopes!!??

Anyone have any ideas what to do about this?

I mean, I am living in cork too so they are only delivering across the city.

Is it even possible to lost all FIVE of my packets?

An Post Careline are dire. No tracking as its standard post, and they couldn't do anything they told me.

I just find it hard to believe that a company as big as An Post can "lose" 5 packets to one address?

Help!
    I Imagine an post worker is enjoying the US office right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Are you sure that she sent them? And were they all in one packet or sent seperately?

If they were sent seperately the odds of losing 5 packets are near minimal.
    If they are in one, it's possible.

I'd be inclined to question the seller if they were seperate.

Edit: I see she sent them individually. Get on to her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Are you sure that she sent them? And were they all in one packet or sent seperately?

If they were sent seperately the odds of losing 5 packets are near minimal.
    If they are in one, it's possible.

I'd be inclined to question the seller if they were seperate.

Edit: I see she sent them individually. Get on to her

Yep she sent them individually.

It has nearly been two weeks now.

I will get onto her and post an update.

Thanks everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Thanks everyone
    It would cost a lot more to send them separately than together. did you buy on Adverts.ie or another website?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

First thing to do is definitely confirm with her that she did send them and that she has your address correct.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

How do you know that she sent anything at all? You're jumping to the conclusion that this is An Post's fault, when it's equally likely (or more likely) to be a scam seller.

It's the sender's responsibility to chase An Post if they have lost the mail, not yours. In any event, there is absolutely nothing you can do about this anyway. Private sale and no tracking on the post means you're not getting any satisfaction out of this.

foggy_lad wrote: »

Thanks everyone
    It would cost a lot more to send them separately than together. did you buy on Adverts.ie or another website?

Yes she sent them separately. I paid by bank transfer. I bought it from a group on Facebook called "Cork Buy and Sell". Has over 2,000 members on it. The woman is friends with a person I know, she is a local. She is most def. not a scammer. Just got pm back from her in Facebook saying she posted on the 25th jan.

First thing to do is definitely confirm with her that she did send them and that she has your address correct.

Confirmed to me just there that she posted them on Jan 25th. Gonna check with her about address.

jor el wrote: »

How do you know that she sent anything at all? You're jumping to the conclusion that this is An Post's fault, when it's equally likely (or more likely) to be a scam seller.

It's the sender's responsibility to chase An Post if they have lost the mail, not yours. In any event, there is absolutely nothing you can do about this anyway. Private sale and no tracking on the post means you're not getting any satisfaction out of this.

She is a local. My friend is personally friends with her. She confirmed she posted. I never said it was an post's fault. I just want to retrieve my 5 packets.

Address confirmed just there, it's correct. :( oh I don't know what's happening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭mysteries1984

OP, I don't want to imply that she is a scammer, but 5 packages lost? Why did she even post them individually? It would cost more for her to do that.

As it was bank transfer I don't really know where you stand...if it was Paypal you'd be protected. Does she have proof of postage? Any seller worth their salt should keep that. If she doesn't, then to me it looks suspicious and I'd ask for my money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

No possible way they lost 5 packages. Not a chance. Either she didn't send them, the address is wrong or they will arrive next week. Why would anyone send 5 packages separately?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

u say u dont want to blame an post, yet the thread title does.. you know her sort of,she's local..why not collect them instead of postage..?

not a hope in hell 5 packets were lost .. zero chance.

its obvious to me what happend.

OP, I don't want to imply that she is a scammer, but 5 packages lost? Why did she even post them individually? It would cost more for her to do that.

As it was bank transfer I don't really know where you stand...if it was Paypal you'd be protected. Does she have proof of postage? Any seller worth their salt should keep that. If she doesn't, then to me it looks suspicious and I'd ask for my money back.

Ok thanks

Is there any chance they could have got held somewhere by anpost?

barone wrote: »
    u say u dont want to blame an post, yet the thread title does.. you know her sort of,she's local..why not collect them instead of postage..?

not a hope in hell 5 packets were lost .. zero chance.

its obvious to me what happend.

Couldn't collect, I don't have a car and she is at the other side if the city.

Is it possible they got held at customs/checking centre?

customs?

if they attempted delivery you would have a notification slip , perhaps you/someone living there misstook it for junk mail and threw it out.. wouldnt be the first time

customs?

if they attempted delivery you would have a notification slip , perhaps you/someone living there misstook it for junk mail and threw it out.. wouldnt be the first time

That amount of bulky packets mistaken for junk mail? Nope. Anyway, I'm the only one that gets post where I'm living...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Check with your Local Post Office or Sorting Office.
    It's possible there was an attempted delivery, but no note was left for you. It's also possible there was insufficent postage paid on the packages.

Or they may have been left with a Neighbour. (The Postmen shouldn't so this but some do)

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭mysteries1984

Ok thanks

You're welcome. I don't know for certain but I highly doubt it. It's not like they were sent from overseas and had to be held by customs or anything like that.

Skid wrote: »
    Check with your Local Post Office or Sorting Office.
    It's possible there was an attempted delivery, but no note was left for you. It's also possible there was insufficent postage paid on the packages.

Or they may have been left with a Neighbour. (The Postmen shouldn't so this but some do)

I will ring the sorting office tomorrow.

Yep, might be insufficient paid postage as well

Thanks

• Advertisement

Ok thanks

You're welcome. I don't know for certain but I highly doubt it. It's not like they were sent from overseas and had to be held by customs or anything like that.

You're right

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

Thanks everyone
    How do you know she sent them individually?

BengaLover wrote: »

Thanks everyone
    How do you know she sent them individually?

I asked her to & she said she did.
    Its a pain having to try to get a lift up to the sorting office, which is ages away from me.
    So I asked her to send individually so that they would fit in letterbox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Its a pain having to try to get a lift up to the sorting office, which is ages away from me.
    Maybe she is lying?

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Maybe she is lying?

The price of the DVDs was 25euros, I paid her €4.50 as of yet until the DVDs come.

That amount of bulky packets mistaken for junk mail? Nope. Anyway, I'm the only one that gets post where I'm living...

i meant the notification slip !!!

of attempted delivery !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

i meant the notification slip !!!

of attempted delivery !!

No, got no slip at all

Anyway, DVDs were sent individually and could fit in letterbox

• Registered Users Posts: 21,125 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

You could ask her if she put her return address on the packets. Items are returned if undelivered but obviously need a return address.

• Advertisement

You could ask her if she put her return address on the packets. Items are returned if undelivered but obviously need a return address.

Will ask her, thanks

Advertisement