Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post - Lost ALL my packets?!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,229 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

What a strange arrangement

Anyhow, it is very unlikely that the postal service has lost all 5 packages. What kind of sender does not even get a receipt for sending them?

You would have been far better getting on the bus and collect yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

I'd say you got ganked..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Certainly smells like a scam to me. If she lives so local why to meet ftf to do transaction. Saves on postage and everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

charlemont wrote: »
    I'd say you got ganked..

or op is ganking us

something is off in this story

op insistence the sender did everything right for one..

agenda against an post???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

barone wrote: »
    charlemont wrote: »
    I'd say you got ganked..

or op is ganking us

something is off in this story

op insistence the sender did everything right for one..

agenda against an post???

Your quick to judge aren't ya... -_-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fox_1973

sounds a bit strange to me, i was waiting for a package from the uk that should of arrived before last weekend, when it didnt i went to the sorting office, and they couldnt do enough to help me even getting one of the drivers to drive to another depot to check it had not been sent there by mistake, (arrived two days later btw)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

Sam Mac wrote: »

hardly, story makes no sense, thread headline is libellous in truth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Sam Mac wrote: »
    You claim this woman who lives local to you told you she sent 5 dvds in the post individually to the same address although anyone working in her local post office would have told her to send them all together to save money, and you believe her because you know someone that knows her.

You have now told us that you only paid part of the price being asked for the dvds which would possibly have covered the postage?

You claim the postage was paid at the correct rate without seeing the items as all 5 have not been delivered so you claim they are lost or stolen by an post?

All 5 items were also sent by ordinary post so there is no tracking and no insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

She sounds like a silly one to me, ask her is she sure that she put stamps on it

Either that or she clearly ****ed up something on the address....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Anyhow, it is very unlikely that the postal service has lost all 5 packages. What kind of sender does not even get a receipt for sending them?

+1 to this.

If you send something via the post office and actually have to go to the country to pay the postage you are given a receipt whether it is standard or registered post.

With registered post you get a tracking number with standard post you don't. So if you used standard post and your items don't arrive, you are screwed.

You say you've only given her part of the payment, so if the items don't arrive I wouldn't give her the rest of the money just let her keep the money you've already given her.

Just because you know someone who know's her, doesn't mean she is being 100% honest with you about this.

Sounds to me like some sort of scam OP.

I personally never, ever use standard post as it just isn't safe or secure, I only ever use registered.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

+1 to this.

If you send something via the post office and actually have to go to the country to pay the postage you are given a receipt whether it is standard or registered post.

With registered post you get a tracking number with standard post you don't. So if you used standard post and your items don't arrive, you are screwed.

You say you've only given her part of the payment, so if the items don't arrive I wouldn't give her the rest of the money just let her keep the money you've already given her.

Just because you know someone who know's her, doesn't mean she is being 100% honest with you about this.

Sounds to me like some sort of scam OP.

I personally never, ever use standard post as it just isn't safe or secure, I only ever use registered.

Thanks, she won't be getting another penny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Personally never used registered post and never had any problems. In saying that, if I was sending a valuable item then I would go registered, no doubt about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,289 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I have season 5 of the Office. All the discs are in one sllightly bigger than standard DVD box. The same size as most US comedy TV shows. You can see it here from a couple of angles
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Office-American-Workplace-Season-DVD/dp/B003JQL22W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1328615497&sr=8-1

It just doesn't add up that she would remove the discs from its original packaging and then send them in 5 seperate envelopes.

Either she's lying to you, or you're lying to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Dodge wrote: »
    I have season 5 of the Office. All the discs are in one sllightly bigger than standard DVD box. The same size as most US comedy TV shows. You can see it here from a couple of angles
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Office-American-Workplace-Season-DVD/dp/B003JQL22W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1328615497&sr=8-1

It just doesn't add up that she would remove the discs from its original packaging and then send them in 5 seperate envelopes.

Either she's lying to you, or you're lying to us.

I think she bought 5 series not series 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,289 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Ooops, that'd explain that. I might actually send those seperately so.

The post office wouldn't lose all five though

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭shantolog

While it is true it may be the lady's fault, a postman who lives near me was arrested a few months ago for having hundreds of undelivered letters in his posession. It does happen.

Advertisement