Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you seen Chris?

Options
  • 05-02-2012 3:39pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 260 ✭✭

47 year old Chris Hughes, builder and volunteer security.
    Missing from occupy Dame street.
    Saturday to sunday night the 7th to the 8th of januari around 3.
    Had possible injury to face, particularly nose possibly broken.
    Did not go home.
    Did not show up on job the next monday.
    Gardai refuse to take this on as no date of birth is known.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Picture would be helpful. Never heard of the Gardaí refusing to investigate a missing person because "no date of birth is known" - does nobody at his home know?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 260 ✭✭Anita M.

That is the way the gardai work. Pictures could be found on occupy I guess, I am not a member of that group but I am sure they can give more info there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭d1975

A missing person is a missing person and I'm sure Gardai would look into it, are you immediate family? Also have his immediate family contacted the Gardai? as they would have picture

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Anita M. wrote: »
    Gardai refuse to take this on as no date of birth is known.

Are you sure they said that? Sounds unlikely.

Have you contacted his family?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Are you sure they said that? Sounds unlikely.

Have you contacted his family?

assumption would be that the guards aren't taking it seriously because the people reporting him missing aren't family or close friends (as they don't know his dob)

• Advertisement

tbh wrote: »
    assumption would be that the guards aren't taking it seriously because the people reporting him missing aren't family or close friends (as they don't know his dob)

Possibly. However the OP is telling it like it was just that one detail that prevented them from taking it on as opposed to a bigger reason i.e. the family haven't been contacted.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

No reports on the occupy facebook page, dubious claims that the Gardai will refuse a missing person's report on a technicality. The only google search in relation to a missing person's report for Chris Hughes is this thread.

Is this guy actually missing or have some of his acquaintances from Occupy just not been able to contact him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Possibly. However the OP is telling it like it was just that one detail that prevented them from taking it on as opposed to a bigger reason i.e. the family haven't been contacted.

yah - I guess that's her assumption, just was pointing out why I thought she assumed that.

He has no more family and he did not come home. All his clothes phonecharger etc. are still there. His phone went dead only an hour after he reported over the phone that he was badly injured to the face. All these facts have been reported to the gardai. They do refuse to take the case if no exact date of birth is known.
    The occupy have it on the web on the private site, a hidden compartment that they have on their site that only people from the media group can connect to. Ask any media member from the occupy and they will confirm. If anyone can get a picture from Chris from these people and post it that would make it a lot easier to find out if he is still alive.

Anita M. wrote: »
    He has no more family and he did not come home. All his clothes phonecharger etc. are still there. His phone went dead only an hour after he reported over the phone that he was badly injured to the face. All these facts have been reported to the gardai. They do refuse to take the case if no exact date of birth is known.
    The occupy have it on the web on the private site, a hidden compartment that they have on their site that only people from the media group can connect to. Ask any media member from the occupy and they will confirm. If anyone can get a picture from Chris from these people and post it that would make it a lot easier to find out if he is still alive.

What's the point of putting a missing person post up on a private site?

So you're saying he has no family and has been missing a month but the Gardai refuse to engage with his friends because they only know his age and not his exact date of birth? Surely they can contact his place of work and get that?

• Advertisement

They do not give more info to friends. That is all the info I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Closed. This is not a verifiable Missing Person situation.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement