Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading my first kit :)

Options
  • 05-02-2012 4:01pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm 21 days smoke free :) thank the lord jaysus.

Started off with the eGo-T....sick of the leaks, so picked up some DCC's, and didn't like them at first, but i have to say i'm enjoying them more and more as the time goes on!

I'm looking at ways to upgrade the experience, and i'm stumped by the wealth of devices out there.

Has anyone tried these?
    http://e-cigshop.eu/SMOK-dual-coil-cartomiser/smoketech-dual-coil-tank-6ml
    I'd like the idea of filling it up, and away with ya, not having to top up the DCC so much. is it really that big of a deal having to punch the carto's all the time tho? and will normal DCC's work?

Also thinking of upping my battery power...I'm currently using 1000mAh eGo batteries, and with each of them i get roughly 18-24 hours casual vaping out of them, but since i'm enjoying the experience so much i wouldn't mind shelling out some cash for a bigger(does bigger always mean better) device with a much longer battery life.
    I was thinking about the ProVari or the Lavatube for this? i can use their much bigger batteries with a DCC @ 3.7V on my DCC's at the moment and i should see a 50% raise in battery life, am i correct?

Any help greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Ha ha....I'm kind of in the same boat. Started with cartridges and went through the tank options and got leaks, burnt taste or flooding constantly. Tried the DCC's and didn't really like them either.

The Kanger horizontal coils are better than the DCC's I think. Quite hot but don't need filling as often because the coils at the bottom. With all of the cartomisers though I taste the filler and don't like it.

Bought the eGo-C and it works reasonably well and the coil and wick are easily accessible for tweaking and maintenance but the damn thing is still a leaky little beggar even with the silicone caps.

Just bought a JOYE 306 LR for dripping and I'm thinking of buying the eGo-W as it's a very solid clearomiser type of set up.

So many things out there to try.........but the cost of the hardware is definitely adding up! I'm happy enough with the eGo batteries and just wish I could find something reliable.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

To be fair, i would have spent over 400 on cigarettes in the last 3 weeks, so the 200 or so i've spent on batteries and juice and carto's and tanks and stuff doesn't really matter, i'm still 200 better off i the bank! :)

I've enough juice to do me for another 2-3 months i'd say, but i just can't help trying new flavours all the time.

LOVE TBS's cola flavour..it's lovely, and i feel i'm not snacking as much when i'm using that as opposed to other flavours.

I was on the 22euro per bottle stuff from thevapourstore, and i was eating like a beast :)

I bought the eGo-W today so hopefully I'll have it tomorrow. Really nice looking piece of kit.

I received my Joye 306 LR from TBS today - delighted with it! It's small and simple and packs a real oomph! Pure taste of the juice too. Might be worth while picking one up even for flavour testing?

Will the 306's fit my eGo-T batteries tho?

eeloe wrote: »
    Will the 306's fit my eGo-T batteries tho?

Yes. I'm using it on an eGo battery. Some blast from it! Holy smoke! It's so strong that I dont think I could use it all day!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i tried a 306 once but i must have flooded it straight away or something as I nevergot a decent vapour or flavour out of it, never tried them again
    have heard good things though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

i tried a 306 once but i must have flooded it straight away or something as I nevergot a decent vapour or flavour out of it, never tried them again
    have heard good things though

Me too, got a tasteless hot thin vapor, must a been a dud or something but gave up after a day or two.
    LR cartos worked best for me so I'm sticking with them. Got some reg one and disappointing compared to the lr's but I had to be sure before I bought a couple of packs.
    Gona try some of thees babys next 510 CE3 Smokymizer XL

tommy2bad wrote: »
    Gona try some of thees babys next 510 CE3 Smokymizer XL

I tried those and they didn't work out for me.

I can't possibly tell you what a pain in the ass they are to fill....
    Liquid builds up between the drip tip and the top of the carto too.
    Blew my batteries too.

But, some people love them!:)

Blew my batteries too.

they didnt blow my batteries, but it was such a pain in the ass filling them and that liquid build up under the drip tip.. my ****ing god

had to take a tissue and give it a wipe after nearly ever draw

Blew my batteries too.

:eek: don't like the sound of that. already lost two batts, one to old age (6months) one to a bad DC carto (I opened it, as you do, and the wire was soldered to both posts )
    Might skip em, can't buy just 1 seemingly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I was tempted by the CE3s as well, but the battery blowing stories have put me off, there's quite a few on other sites as well. The iMist looks good, but it's out of stock on the irish sites, so think I'm going to give these eGo-Ws a try. Reviews seem to be pretty positive.

tommy2bad wrote: »
    :eek: don't like the sound of that. already lost two batts, one to old age (6months) one to a bad DC carto (I opened it, as you do, and the wire was soldered to both posts )
    Might skip em, can't buy just 1 seemingly.

Well, if you wnated to try them I guess it wont break the bank.

There are a load of threads on ECF from other people experiencing the battery issues too though so I'd be wary. As Sir Digby said, the juice build up and the loading were a real pain too - required carrying a syringle around with you to refill.

Posted by Green Hornet;
    required carrying a syringle around with you to refill.
    Ah jaysus, I look bad enough already :D

stevenmu wrote: »
    I was tempted by the CE3s as well, but the battery blowing stories have put me off, there's quite a few on other sites as well. The iMist looks good, but it's out of stock on the irish sites, so think I'm going to give these eGo-Ws a try. Reviews seem to be pretty positive.

I hope to have mine tomorrow and I'm looking forward to trying it. I was looking for the iMist too and opted for the eGo-W. The iMist is out of stock on the UK sites too (except for full starter kits).

Funnily enough, my eGo-C seems to have started to work pretty damn good over the last couple of days but I need to store it tank side down. Looks like most of my issues were due to vapour picking up unvapourised juice in the cone as a result of leaks. Very nice flavour and TH with loads of vapour now. Just took a few toots after the JOYE 306 which I've been using all day and it's quite a pleasant vape after the heat and flavour of the Joye 306.

Stay well away from the smokeys...the effort it takes to fill one up, you'd nearly go back to smoking fags it'd wind you up so much.

I have to say i'm REALLY loving the DCC's that Sir Digby reccomended to me day 1.

I've perfected filling them, and it's a slight annoyance having to bring a bottle of juice around with me to top it up every so often, but I love the fact I can throw them in my pocket and not fear of them leaking.

Stay well away from the smokeys...the effort it takes to fill one up, you'd nearly go back to smoking fags it'd wind you up so much.

I have to say i'm REALLY loving the DCC's that Sir Digby reccomended to me day 1.

I've perfected filling them, and it's a slight annoyance having to bring a bottle of juice around with me to top it up every so often, but I love the fact I can throw them in my pocket and not fear of them leaking.

hehe, i knew you'd come around to loving them eventually :)

Is it only me that can get that funny taste from the DCC LR's? Everybody else on here seems to love them. Maybe I should invest in a standard resistance one just to see if there's less of a filler taste.

Are you allowing some time(a couple of minutes, 2 maybe) to let the juice soak in to the filling once you're filled them?

On Sunday i used a fresh one straight away after I'd filled it, and I can't describe how horrible the taste...all cause it didn't let it sit for a second.

And yeah, Digby, you were spot on, I ordered 10 of them today to do me for the next while. That should last for a month or two anyway, until I decide which device to buy next! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭achieve

I accept that the Smokeymizers can be a bit fiddly to fill, but once filled I find great comfort in that there is no topping up and they give very good flavour. Have not experienced any leakages (bar very first time filling). Having said that, i would be unlikely to the syringe out in my local to fill them, but would bring a prefilled one with me if needed. BTW, I also like the DCCs

I think the next revision of the smokymiser might be good. The actual performance itself was good - the filling and juice build up were the big problems I think.

Personally, I find the atomisers give much better flavour and vapour than cartomisers but of course there's a lot more knack and fiddling with them.

I was happy with the DCC for a good while but after using atties again, there's no comparison for me. Other people say the opposite so I suppose it's a personal thing.

• Advertisement

If I could get the reliability of a DCC, but with more flavour I'd be delighted....

:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

How long do your Dual Coil Cartomizers last on average eeloe?

I can't comment on that yet to be honest, I've flooded the first few, and had to bin them, I've had this one since Friday and it's still going strong....I'll report back when it burns out and let ya know!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I can't comment on that yet to be honest, I've flooded the first few, and had to bin them, I've had this one since Friday and it's still going strong....I'll report back when it burns out and let ya know!

Are you blowing out the excess liquid after filling before using them? (i.e. into a tissue)

Edit: Oh and treat yourself: http://enjuice.com/ (expensive but *lovely*)

my second order of juices back in the long long ago was from enjuice. they were lovely, always meant to go back and try more but got stuck into the dekangs and.. well they do the job :)
    if you're looking to splash some cash on some nice juices, enjuice won't let you down

I'm happy with the TBS juices for the time being, my brother in law got some of the enjuices for his kit that he got last week, had a taste, and they were quite nice, but i'm gonna get through what i have first! :)

Bart @ TBS must love me, 5 orders in 3 weeks...haha :)

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭achieve

How long do your Dual Coil Cartomizers last on average eeloe?

I get a week out of my DCC's.

The one I'm using since Friday is beginning to look a little brown at the top, I'm suspecting its burning out! May change it later! So that'll be 5 days of heavy vaping for 2 bucks!

well they do get kinda brown because of the juice you're using. every time you refill a cartomiser you're able to put less in than you did the previous time, the filler just can't take as much. and since alot of the liquids are a light brown/gold colour.. well.. *shrug*

• Advertisement

I've just changed it, and I'm getting a much fuller flavour.

When i say it was getting brown, I mean the bit of wire that's looped between the filler and the kind of cylinder it goes through, it's looks like it was heating too much and scoring the filler.

Advertisement